kevin922

Memorial Fund Application -- Those who have donated PLEASE READ

Okay guys,

Since this is not my money I want to get a concensus from those who have donated. Michele brought up a good idea, and I agree with her. Since the fund was able to raise half the amount needed for the memorial page in ONE DAY, it appears there will be no problem getting the required amount by May 12th.

With that being said, I would like to send a nice bouquet of flowers on behalf of dz.com to the funeral in michigan.

If anyone has any objection please let me know.

Kevin

Since the fund was able to raise half the amount needed for the memorial page in ONE DAY,
Kevin

God i love this place and the people that come here!!:)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

So if you accept donations until may 12th and have more than enough for the memorial and the flowers, what about donating the remainder of the money to Hollys family to assist with funeral bills, those ain't cheap...

So if you accept donations until may 12th and have more than enough for the memorial and the flowers, what about donating the remainder of the money to Hollys family to assist with funeral bills, those ain't cheap...

That idea was in the back of my head, I was going to address it when the time came.. what to do with any extra..

no objection from me, however here is something to think about too.
Flowers are nice, however not knowing the financial situation of the family maybe a check to help cover the funeral expenses, since it costs roughly 5 grand or more.
Or maybe purchase a tree they could plant that will last longer and can be nurtured.

Just a thought, Thanks for listening,

Nick

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”

You went to the effort of setting up the paypal -- I defer to your judgement.

Just make sure the flowers aren't too mournful-looking.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

What about something like a small, classy plaque that could be mounted at the dz in rememberance of her (assuming the dz would allow it, I'm not sure about these kind of things). That way we could all see it and take another moment to remember her when we go to her dz.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Or maybe purchase a tree they could plant that will last longer and can be nurtured.

like a small, classy plaque that could be mounted at the dz

Why not combine the two ideas? How about planting a new tree overlooking the DZ with a nice plaque near it. Something that will grow over time and can be appreciated by skydivers and friends and family over the years.

Okay well we have been pretty much agreeing on a lot of things up to this point. Now we are getting some conflicting ideas.. (i kinda thought this might happen). We all need to agree on something - I know holly was a veggie and so a tree might go along the same lines of Holly's feelings.

Andrea - I think the plaque is a good idea as well but that would be with any extra money that is raised beyond what we've discussed so far. Also that might be something Skydive AZ is already doing on their own.

My #1 priority is the USPA memorial page... however I think it is important to send something to the funeral as well. I know Holly's uncle (i've been in touch both phone & email) is reading the forums here, he may create an account and give some insight as to what would be best for the family.

Kevin

This is a little off topic (well...this IS talkback), but DAMNIT!!!! I wish I could have met her...well someday I guess I will

I'm keep thinking of her avatar and imagining her waiting to great us all when it's our time.

I like that thought.

can only hope to have this sort of reception in my passing.

The same thought crossed my mind today, also. I'm willing to bet a LOT of people here thought that too.

Its a nice thought to know that so many people will miss you and mourn your passing. It never seases to amaze me how skydivers pull together for one of there own.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Devin,

That actually made me smile. Thank you for that thought. I can picture her winking with that finger up saying let's go jump.

Kevin,

I like the tree or lasting plant just because when the frsh flowers die it is almost like loosing something all over again. Just my .02. I'll defer to the group no matter what as long as we do something.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

:DI LOVED that picture, I hope she looks JUST like that, flipping me the bird, when I pass through the golden gates

It never seases to amaze me how skydivers pull together for one of there own

A friend of mine told me I seemed a little bumed, and asked me why. I told him that a cool chick I talked to online died. He was like, "you never met her though? Why you so bummed?"

Just another example of how cool we are as skydivers. We are such a close knit group even though most of us don't know eachother from Adam. It doesn't matter if I've never heard your name, I still care about you and it hurts when you leave. :DI hope that one day in the VERY VERY distant future, I hurt all of you deeply :ph34r:

Something to think about -- do we want to ask her family if they'd like to contribute some words for the page in Parachutist? (or was it Skydiving?). It might help them feel some of the family feeling with us.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Something to think about -- do we want to ask her family if they'd like to contribute some words for the page in Parachutist? (or was it Skydiving?). It might help them feel some of the family feeling with us.

Wendy W.

Personally my vision for the USPA page is going to be simplistic.. it will have a collage of pictures and one focal picture and some very short but effective text.... a "from your friends at dropzone.com" type of thing.