kevin922

Memorial Fund Application -- Those who have donated PLEASE READ

Okay well we have been pretty much agreeing on a lot of things up to this point. Now we are getting some conflicting ideas.. (i kinda thought this might happen). We all need to agree on something

Feel free to continue to lead and trust your own judgment. It's been sound so far. I sent you a PayPal. Thanks for making this happen.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Hi, all...

While I agree that a tree would be great, and a plaque is a spectacular idea, the reasoning behind the flowers is to let the family know - in a tangible, real way - that they are not alone, that we are with them, and that we love them and support them on a day when they will need as much support as we can send.

I was thinking that a bright yellow spray, something lively and as bright as her smile, would be great to show them we care on Saturday...and maybe we can plant a tree at Eloy in her memory at another point in the very near future?

It's all good, whatever is thought of as best. I really just want the family to know that we are there for them.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

-The ad, being simple, is a fantastic way to honor her within the skydiving community.
-The tree is an absolutely marvelous idea, and a small simple plaque at the base makes it even better.
-Flowers are great, but not lasting. I vote that we add flowers to the list only if there's money left over from the other two.

My two cents . . .
Arrive Safely

John

I agree with Michele in that flowers are the universal funeral "thinking of you." It's OK if they die in a few days -- they're just a long-distance hug, and no one expects them to last forever.

But, in any case, I defer to Kevin's judgement on administering the fund. He's shown great initiative and selflessness getting this set up, and I trust him to do good things with it.
Skydiving is for cool people only