sunman

Living my dream...

Well folks, I'm finally a full-time skydiver. I took a job doing tandem videos at Skydive Key West, the world's smallest dz. It's a C-182 tourist tandem factory in paradise. I'm the one and only video guy, and there's a tandem instructor and a pilot. I'll do about 2 or 3 videos a day all year, for $55 apiece. I checked the place out over the weekend, took the job, and got a kick-ass room in a house on the open water. I'll make the move next week. So basically, a typical day for me will be waking up at 10:00am or so, go outside with my coffee and lay by the water while I wake up to the ocean breeze, go for a ride on my jet ski, go to "work" for a few hours doing what I love to do, get dinner, and then head to the beach and drink margaritas until I pass out.

Man, it's such a bummer that I got laid off and had to find this job. Sucks ass, you know?

Congratulations!

I hate you...but in the best possible way :P

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I saw a flyer for that posted on my DZ bulletin board. Let us know how it goes. Sounded like a sweet gig. Good rates, nice weather (barring hurricanes). The only thing that could make that bad is a bad DZ. Hope it works out.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

just when i thought i'd never envy another man again in this life, YOU come along with this announcement. i WILL have your job someday. well, maybe not YOUR job, but THAT job. professional skydiver......grrrrrr
congratulations sunman, you've made it to the top. hows it feel?

Congratulations!

Paradise is always somewhere you are not. If the DZ is being run by a dude called Andy Fell, be afraid, and don't forget to budget for coffee during hurricane season. Apart from that, enjoy.

Been there, done that.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Well, congratulations, and, I wish I could do something like that since I might soon QUIT my job, to much work and thay are CUTTING the salaries, no...NO WAY!!!, well, we'll see what happens. [:/]

So now I have a place to crash when I go down to Key West- sweet! :ph34r:

Congrats on getting the job, it sounds great. And, you really should get a hurricane kit together, the season starts in June.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well at least you won't be around to molest me when i pass out. :P

Seriously, that sounds like an awesome job. I'm glad i got to know you in Raeford. Who knows, mebbe i'll make it to key west sometime to hang out with you. Can you handle a houseguest like me??

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Alysse and I did our first tandems there, and had such a good time (FANTASTIC VIEW from there!).
That area was used in the filming of Dropzone with WSnipes...a small funky place...

Is Shelly still there? Their tandem experience is well scripted, even to the jokes they say...so remember to shout 'AWESOME!' as you film them landing!;)

We liked our videos and watched them over and over for 2 weeks, then drove up to zhills and started AFF. We have been going there every weekend since then!

Have fun!
Marc and Alysse

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

NICE! I'm so jealous! Have a great time down there...it was so good meeting you at Raeford....very funny stories ;) At least one of us overcame our fear of heights (and of being a little drunk for a climb) to climb that beacon!

Have fun!!
Pammi

Congrats mark. I'm glad you are doing what you want to do. I'll be in Key West for a week the last of July/first of August at the condo. PM me your numbers and I'll call you when I get there so we can go out together.

Take Care,
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Can you handle a houseguest like me??

Um, no.

Only kidding of course. If any of you ever find yourselves in Key West, PM me and we'll hang out!

Unfortunately, WFFC is probably out of the question. I'm pretty much on call 7 days a week. But that's one of a few things I'm willing to put up with to live the easy life. Hurricanes is another...

Watch out, I know how to get in contact with you.

Hey, Sunshine, let me know and I'll pass on Dick and Jane's phone number.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Come on... you can't tell me Key West has anything on Raeford!!! :S Ok, so you have a house on the water and you get to drink margaritas on the beach and work only when it's light out, and... holy shit - you might have something going there!!! ;)

Congrats! B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here