bivar

BEER, I just bought my very first house.

Yesterday my wife and I bought our very first own house. For the last five years we have rented a flat, but no more :)If I had any money left I would buy beer, but I just spendt 141 grand :o B|

OK then, a case of green bottles it is.
----------------------------------------

Yesterday my wife and I bought our very first own house. For the last five years we have rented a flat, but no more 2077 sq.ft of pure beuty is now ours. We're moving in at July 1st.
If I had any money left I would buy beer, but I just spendt 135 grand

I'm frickin' jealous! Congrats my man!

Cheers
Ed

Congrats!

Owning your own home is a wonderful thing. I can't say I love my mortgage payments, but I like them a lot more than I did pissing it away in rent.

You do know that any travelling skydivers get to bunk on your floor for free, right? :)

Congrats. Welcome to the happy homeowners club.

Now you must begin ripping your house apart, and doing various time-consuming and expensive remodeling projects.

I'll think of you on my birthday, when you are moving!

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

No shit.

I had a plumbing shutoff valve break Saturday, with about 60 people at my house for a party. Had to turn off water to the whole house and tell people to go to the neighbors for the bathroom. With some handy guests and a trip to Home Depot, the water was back on in about 2 hours.

Ain't home ownership great? :S:P

Gratulerer :)Hope you have made room in your budget for a little skydiving too...;)

We have to break the Norwegian dz.com record next time we meet. If the weather looks good and there is jumping I might come down to Geiteryggen on thursday.
I think 2 people are enough for a national record :D

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Congratulations! Did you really convert the area of the house to sq. ft. just for the US folks???
Now when you hang pictures on the walls, you'll think about fixing the holes in a different way!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Gratulerer :)Hope you have made room in your budget for a little skydiving too...;)

Well, I can only afford either beer for you or a few jumptickets for me. You decide ;)

***We have to break the Norwegian dz.com record next time we meet. If the weather looks good and there is jumping I might come down to Geiteryggen on thursday.
I think 2 people are enough for a national record :D
Let's kick ass. See you Thursday.

Thanks to you all.
What does a normal sized house cost in the US? 141000 $ is not much for a house in Norway. In Oslo, the norwegian capital, an average sized house does cost at least 250000 $, and in Telemark, where I live, the average house cost about 150000-180000$.

Bivar,

It varies greatly depending on where in the US. The range is probably higher than where you are. Where I live, I'd say a normal home is about $300,000 to $400,000. That isn't anything huge, but I live right near Washington, DC. 100 miles away, it might cost half that.

You know the 3 important factors in real estate?

Location, location, location.

:S