shunkka

the best soccer player

Thank God you didn't include Beckham. I didn't vote because you can't compare such different periods of time. Zidane is the only one whose style I can honestly say I know well, but I think if you're talking about the last 10 years or so then the best would have to be Cantona (and that pains me, as a Liverpool fan)

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

to broad of a time span to choose, but my fav's are:
Van Nieselrooy (SP) of Man U.
Zidane you cant argue is on of the best of recent times.
Ronaldo before he blew out his knee

ok mind is going blank but there are several other players that are up there as the best
Blue Skies
Joe
"Knowledge is the antidote to fear."
--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Luis Figo> played for Portugal up till this year and now plays for Madrid.

1999 World Cup Player of the Year.
I'm really surprised that he wasn't on option on here.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

I was in Brazil in 1970 when they brought home the cup for the third time. There is only one Pele.

However, desirable skill sets and physical conditioning change over the years. But there's still only one Pele.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Pele, not only on all around skill but recognition on a global basis. The man is to futbol, what Jordan is to basketball. He makes the step from great player to legend.
Everytime I'm in Sao Paulo, my friends take me to a local game. It impresses me how fanatical the people are about their local teams. Really makes me a fair weather Bears fan.
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"