Dubya's Visit to the Abraham Lincoln - YES!!!

#4 (FOUR) wire confirmed.

The Aviation Bosun's Mates (from the Lincoln) I spoke to the other day told me it was the #3.

Oh well, it's still kewl.B| A landing in an F-14 or -18 followed by a cat shot would have been even more so, tho.;)

I think it says a lot about a CinC who is willing to share such a risk with his troops. What a phenomenal welcome-home for the crew of that ship!
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Thanks and yes I will be voting for President Bush in 2004.

I never thought I would say this, but I hope everybody votes for him. The Canadian Dollar is at a 5 year high against the US Dollar. I am hoping that if he gets re-elected the US Dollar and will soon be at par with the Canadian Dollar. Go Bush Go ;)

Skreamer old pal, good to hear from you. Where ya been?

Your right about them nasty old camel humpin Saudi's, they should be dealt with, but they won't be.

And old Saddam wasn't really part of the Sept. 11th crew, but he needed to go away.

The pukes in Afghanistan certainly were part of the Sept. 11th gang and they have been/are being dealt with.

Anyway, nice to hear from you again :D

> I'll be disappointed, though, if he ends up using the troops on that ship as part of an ad.

Considering I'm still active duty after 22 years, I'd be proud to have him use me in an ad........He is the CinC, has the right to use assets under his control, and it was a nice touch to show off his troops the way he did....Let's give the guy credit, best fucking commander we've had in a long time.......HooAh!

Lets hope your active duties include painting Quonset huts instead of anything vital then, if your opinion of this draft dodging chickenhawk CinC is any better than your opinion of the last draft dodging chickenhawk CinC.

>For Christsakes Billvon, that was some dumb shit you posted! Bush
> and the Republican party are not capitalizing on the Sept 11th
> attack.

Then why move the Republican National Convention to within a few miles of ground zero and change a date that has been set for decades to be close to 9/11?

Tell ya what. I'll bet you $200 that during the RNC, there will be some 9/11 heroes brought to the RNC to be shown off. If the RNC isn't capitalizing on 9/11, it's easy money for you. Do we have a bet?

>Bush is the one that issued the payback to those fucks.

We got Bin Laden? Cool! Where did you see that?

>And I hope that it doesn't end with Iraq!!!

I'm sure it won't. There will be more than enough killing to keep you proud of your country.

Tell ya what. I'll bet you $200 that during the RNC, there will be some 9/11 heroes brought to the RNC to be shown off. If the RNC isn't capitalizing on 9/11, it's easy money for you. Do we have a bet?

I can't bet you $200, but I'll bet you one jump at either Elsinore or San Diego that we'll see 9/11 heroes at the DNC too. :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

uh not for personal gain he doesnt, using images from his visit to the Lincoln in a re-election ad campagin would certainly count as personal gain, and is grossly unfair to anyone running against him who lacks access to such great photo ops.

Bummer for them....B|

i guess in the interests of fair campaigning then you'd support the use of our tax dollars so EVERY candidate could have his/her picture taken on an active Aircraft carrier?? and have a "neeto cool" fighter landing to show too??

sorry, i pay far to much tax as is, if you want the photo op (no matter who you are) you should pay for it out of your own pockets (or the pockets of those who support your campaign)

>but I'll bet you one jump at either Elsinore or San Diego that we'll
>see 9/11 heroes at the DNC too.

No bet there, I'd give them 50/50 on either condemning the RNC's use of 9/11 or copying it. And if they do it will disappoint me as well. But then again I'm one of those odd people who thinks that sometimes both sides can be wrong. Heck, sometimes both sides are even right!

>but I'll bet you one jump at either Elsinore or San Diego that we'll
>see 9/11 heroes at the DNC too.

No bet there, I'd give them 50/50 on either condemning the RNC's use of 9/11 or copying it. And if they do it will disappoint me as well. But then again I'm one of those odd people who thinks that sometimes both sides can be wrong. Heck, sometimes both sides are even right!

Actually, I think you might've won that bet. The DNC will have 9/11 victim families for certain. Excuse the pun, but it will be a very bleedy-heart-fest I bet. Unfortunately, it is, in my opinion, the wrong stance while we're at war. No matter...one of us could've had a free jump... ;)
Make light!

uh not for personal gain he doesnt, using images from his visit to the Lincoln in a re-election ad campagin would certainly count as personal gain, and is grossly unfair to anyone running against him who lacks access to such great photo ops.

Bummer for them....B|

i guess in the interests of fair campaigning then you'd support the use of our tax dollars so EVERY candidate could have his/her picture taken on an active Aircraft carrier?? and have a "neeto cool" fighter landing to show too??

sorry, i pay far to much tax as is, if you want the photo op (no matter who you are) you should pay for it out of your own pockets (or the pockets of those who support your campaign)

I doubt it would be very difficult for any serious candidate to get a trip to a CVN at sea on request - even I've done it (twice), complete with cat shots, and I'm not a politician.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The US economy is an interesting thing - especially when you see how people describe it. Down right now? Absolutely.

A few general remarks about the US economy against a nice political backdrop.

Bush was elected in 2000. His first budget passed in Nov 2001 and went into effect in 2002. That means for 2001 it was a Clinton budget running the country. Also during 2001, we had our entire airline industry shot to hell by 9/11. Other ancillary industries also suffered - the insurance industry, anything associated with the travel industry (hotel, tourist, etc) etc.

A few months later, our lovely unionized longshoremen went on strike (guess who they vote for as a general rule) and if you don't know what power they have over the US economy, I suggest you find out. Check out their salaries while your at it, since CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS didn't seem to state them very often. :ph34r:

To summarize, Bush inherited an economy on the downturn (Dem's can lie about this as much as they want; lying over and over again doesn't change the facts). 9/11 slammed the economy HARD. Bush got his first budget and tax cut passed. The longshoremen's union slugged the economy a good one while it was already on shaky knees. Now we're in 2003 and many (myself included) think we're recovering.

A few random thoughts on the economy. Anyone pontificating about the economy who doesn't include the status of the economy Bush inherited, 9/11, the Longshoremen's strike, and the general time-frame of when Bush's economic team really took over (after his budget/tax cut passed) hasn't got a lot of argumentative substance backing them up. (For those lefties out there, check and see if ANY of the democratic presidential hopefuls included any of the above in any of their discussions about the current economy....hehehehehehehe)

General thoughts from a quasi-Libertarian on the current US economy.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I doubt it would be very difficult for any serious candidate to get a trip to a CVN at sea on request - even I've done it (twice), complete with cat shots, and I'm not a politician.

I wonder who paid for those.....

President Bush visited that carrier as a Commander in Chief - not a candidate. It was a good move on his part and the folks in uniform both appreciate it and deserve it.

The nice attached picture shows the Prevaricator in Chief on the Teddy R - and shows me all of the dim's whining about President Bush's visit are hypocrites. To further demonstrate their hypocrisy, they include the cost of this speech in their rantings. How many of them raised their voices high and demanded cost data analysis on the former First Lady/Daughter's African Adventure? President Clinton's extensive African/European travel? The First Lady's travel costs to campaign in NY State? I heard Republicans, but no democrats. I could go on, but will stop here as I've made my point.

I'll tell you how many- ZERO. Their voices were about as loud as oh-so-proud-to-be-a-veteran John Kerry's voice demanding that military absentee ballots be counted in Florida in 2000. What? You didn't hear him screaming at his fellow democrats not to send busloads of lawyers to Florida to suppress the military vote? Awwwww......I guess he and Ted 'The Bottle' were at the Kopechne residence expressing their condolences for Mary Jo yet again......disgusting.

The vast efforts of the left to use this speech on the Abe Lincoln to smear the President shows how desparate they really are to fill their void of ideas. The President did a good thing there for the troops, sailors, and the nation. That it might have helped him politically is just a side effect - BFD. Deal with it.

From the right (with beer),

Vinny the Anvil
:P

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

BubbaCarrier.jpg

I'm sure it won't. There will be more than enough killing to keep you proud of your country.

and the 80-90 people SH killed daily for years didn't matter. The mass graves didn't matter because they were only arabs. I thought you lefties were the ones that care about the underdog. Sure dosen't look that way from here.

btw

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,86357,00.html

>and the 80-90 people SH killed daily for years didn't matter.

And you think the 300 Iraqis we killed per day during the war don't matter?

Most people recognize that just because someone else is killing someone does not mean that you are justified in killing also. I'm glad he's out of power. I'm disappointed that we chose such a violent way to do it.

>The mass graves didn't matter because they were only arabs.

And all the iraqis we killed don't matter because they were just an unfortunate result of a really fun and popular war?

>I thought you lefties were the ones that care about the underdog.
>Sure dosen't look that way from here.

Not sure what lefties care about or don't care about. I don't like to kill people, or be part of a country that is killing people. Sometimes it's neccessary; both WWII and Afghanistan are examples. Sometimes you can get what you want other ways. It's not as much fun but it results in less dead people. And that's a good thing.

And you think the 300 Iraqis we killed per day during the war don't matter?

13500 killed (assuming 45 days of major hostilities)? Even Iraq's government claimed a fraction of that for civilians. If it was 13500 Iraqi armed forces, cry me a river.

It doesn't compare to the innocent casualty list that stretches for miles under the reign of Saddam Hussein...
Make light!

Not sure what lefties care about or don't care about. I don't like to kill people, or be part of a country that is killing people. Sometimes it's neccessary; both WWII and Afghanistan are examples. Sometimes you can get what you want other ways. It's not as much fun but it results in less dead people. And that's a good thing.

Why do you think Executive Order 12333 paragraph 2.11 still exists?

I would think repealing that would save a heck of a lot of lives.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No. Actually, EO 12333 was brought up several times during the discussion of what to do with Saddam and 43rd Administration stands behind the decision of the 40th.

OK, ok, ok. I can understand why Reagan was a little gun shy and was maybe opposed to assasination attempts, but that was a nutball trying to impress an actress.

Others, the folks that like to think Skull and Bones is just a bit more than a cool frat house, sometimes think that EO 12333 is used to prop up the military establishment -- because, like, if you just assasinate heads of state, then you don't need quite so much groovy high-tech military spending.

Either way, I think the whole thing is facinating.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver