MrHixxx

George Bush Resume

You asked why we like Bush...I told you.

Reasonable? Well you would have to show us FACTS that he did all that.

But the simple fact is the military likes a CIC to have served...

And they like Republicans..

And we liked his Dad.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I agree...Have you served? Do you remember the 101st and the gay trooper?

Yes and vaguely yes. I also remember the Marines at Lejeune (I think) that beat the hell out of a gay guy, who ended up dead.

So for the protection of the gays in the military....stay in the closet until gays are accepted openly in the civilian world...

I think part of the problem is doing away with the "wink and nod" acceptance of homophobic gay-bashing that permeates the military. When an entire chain of command goes down with jail time and dishonorable discharges, people will start paying attention.

Along with the waiving of some personal freedoms you mention, there is also the reciprocal increase in both accountability and expectations. Whether they like gays or not, people in the military should have the discipline not to act out. I'm not saying they have to like gays, as it is their right not to. They just have to obey the rules and do their duty.

honestly, is there nothing more to do on a monday than have a huge ass debate over who was the suckier president? How about you come do my homework for me? or go volunteer at a children's home. Or go jump. You are all intelligent adults...I think...and politics is a huge thing. And I agree with some of your views and disagree with others. But bickering about it and putting everyone else down because your view is the best *isn't* the best. go jump or something!

If I loved you anymore I would have a stroke

Part of it I am sure is we liked his dad.

I can understand why - Bush Sr. is the real thing. Mentally astute, probably running the show for Reagan in his second term. His service record demands respect too. Such a pity Junior doesn't have more of his old man's savvy.

I've always had great respect for Bush Sr. - as a pilot, war-time leader and skydiver. I served in an unpopular army at an unpopular time - you do what you have to do. I have very little respect for Dubya on any level.

Personally I have less problems with some one getting head than some one driving drunk, regardless of political views.

It's shit like that that keeps many qualified people from public service. There's a difference from someone married getting head while in office and something someone did more than 25 years ago (1976). Personally, it would be hard to name very many people who haven't driven legally drunk, but easy to name one's who haven't gotten caught. Also, W has not drank since 1986. How long can you hold a mistake against someone?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

OK, my turn. But I'll group them.

Largely irrelevant (at least to me) stuff. Partly because the governorship of Texas really isn't a very powerful role, except for its ability to exert influence. Partly because some stuff happens while the president is in power, and not every bad thing is his fault, just as not every good thing is because of his awesome wisdom.

I ran for congress and I lost.

(as owner of Texas Rangers) Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.

I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.

Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my father's appointments to the Supreme Court.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. again, the governor of Texas doesn't really have that much power

I'm the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

During my first year in office, I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.

I'm the first president in US history to have 30 states simultaneously go bankrupt.

I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

Relevant because they show a willingness to use insider information. While it might be smart, it's also illegal.

I bought an oil company, but I couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock for millions.

Relevant because it shows a willingness to use public stuff for private gain (either his own or a friend or business partner, or just "people like me"), using "because it's legal" rather than using "because it's right" as a distinction:

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax payer money.

I changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America.

Shortsighted stuff; it addresses short-term needs or wants at the expense of long-term costs:

I spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

I shattered the record for biggest annual deficit in history.

I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.That's really the same as the previous point

I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history. poor use of public funds -- why was it bad for Clinton to use "a night in the White House" when it's OK for Bush to design lots of future photo-ops?

The "my friends are the folks who voted for me and gave my campaign money -- their needs should be addressed first" group:

In my first two years in office over two million Americans lost their jobs. I cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has an Chevron oil tanker named after her). somewhat irrelevant, except it does kind of highlight his identification with money as a demonstrator of innate virtue and intelligence

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history. This is only relevant because it's hypocritical -- if it matters about Clinton's appointees, why doesn't it matter about Bush's?

The "Whatever it takes" high-handed agenda:

I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.

I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

I'm the first president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have. I like this one; anything that makes it harder to get gas is good in the long run.

I don't know enough about this section:

I cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

With a policy of 'dis-engagement,' I created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. (http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches/) mostly irrelevant, but maybe just maybe taking a look at what people you disagree with say is good sometimes

I failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive.' I failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months, I have no leads and zero suspects. The real point here is that because he hasn't done that, he's declaring it unimportant

In a little over two years, I created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.

This is the "I don't have to answer if I seal the records" section. I think it's wrong.

I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in the state of Maine (my Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

I went AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during the Vietnam War.

I have refused to take drug tests or answer questions about drug use.

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been removed to the George Bush Sr.'s library, sealed in secrecy and are un-available for public view.

All records of any SEC investigations into insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

All minutes of meetings for any public corporation on which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

Any records or minutes from meetings the vice-president or myself attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public review.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

About staying in the closet until gays are accepted openly? Well, actually the armed forces integrated fairly fully long before the country at large did. It's why the military was seen as a way out by so many minorities. That's a good thing.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Also, W has not drank since 1986. How long can you hold a mistake against someone?

I did not say I held it against him, that is your assumption. I actually respect the fact that he has been sober. I said that I personally have a bigger problem with a drunk driver than somebody getting head in his office, whenever that happened. I also stated that that was regardless of political views.

So, now that we understand a little about Politics, Mr. Hixxx, did you vote? Where you in Florida when the "Voting Process was done?". Where you here to listen to the radio and TV stating that MR. Gore, who invented the Internet, Won Florida by 4:00PM (1600 to our military)? Did you listen to the newscasters "EAT CROW" because they announced the wrong info?
Mr. ThighMan, did you vote? Yes. Was I in Florida during the "Voting Process"? Yes. I had just got out of the voting office when I listened to the newscasters say, "MR. Gore has won Florida". Yes, I did listen to them "EAT CROW" after announcing the WRONG WINNER.
Now, as for the Recounts, how many do you want? MR. GORE lost everyone. Not once did he even come close.
9/11: Give me a break. There where little to NO HUMINT on the ground at the time and what did come out (95) was ignored. Was President Bush in office?... Lets see, NO. But it was his job to pull the country back together and make us strong and willing do defend us (YOU fall into that group MR. Hixxx so you are welcome) even if it cost lives.
So, how about saying thank you and SHUT THE SWOOP. Look at the American Flag and pause to think of the people (Men, Women, Straight, Gay) who have died to protect it.
To the people who have served, people who are serving (myself included), I say thank you. If you ever see me at a drop zone, stop by and say Hello and I'll get the first beer.
Airborne

P.S. No driving DRUNK.....:o
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

>There's a difference from someone married getting head while in
>office and something someone did more than 25 years ago (1976).

Staunch Republican: Yeah, Bush did bad things, but at least he didn't get a blowjob in office!

Democrat: Lots of people get blowjobs in their offices.

SR: That doesn't matter! He committed perjury!

D: They tried to remove him from office based on that charge; the attempt failed.

SR: That doesn't matter! He got a blowjob in his office!

And repeat ad nauseum.

>So, how about saying thank you and SHUT THE SWOOP. Look at the
> American Flag and pause to think of the people (Men, Women,
> Straight, Gay) who have died to protect it.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

>There's a difference from someone married getting head while in
>office and something someone did more than 25 years ago (1976).

Staunch Republican: Yeah, Bush did bad things, but at least he didn't get a blowjob in office!

D: They tried to remove him from office based on that charge; the attempt failed.

And repeat ad nauseum.

But, can you really condone a president who didn't know to inhale and who doesn't know what constitutes sex? :P:P:D:D

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

>So, how about saying thank you and SHUT THE SWOOP. Look at the
> American Flag and pause to think of the people (Men, Women,
> Straight, Gay) who have died to protect it.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Very well said by Mr. Roosevelt, but you still can thank the people who are procecting the nation, even the police and firemen (fireperson?). Just say thank you.
Airborne
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

>Very well said by Mr. Roosevelt, but you still can thank the people
> who are procecting the nation, even the police and firemen
> (fireperson?). Just say thank you.

Agreed. Just because a war may fail its objective does not mean that there aren't US servicemen out there risking (and giving up) their lives for their country, and they deserve our support and gratitude. If there ever is a threat to our nation's security, it will be those people who stand between us and harm.

Amen, ThighMan! I'll take that beer sometime.

Surely y'all didn't think there would be a political thread of this magnitude and not see The Anvil? ;)

As some of you know, work is kicking my butt right now, so I won't comment on everything and try not to tell anyone to 'use their noggin' to avoid harming anyone's tender feelings with my humorous colloquialisms.

A few comments between bouts of screaming at my satellite simulator and testing the limits of the darker sides of my vocabulary:

- Gasoline is about the only commodity whose price has not been indexed with inflation since the '60's. Blaming that on Bush is like blaming the dot-com bomb on Clinton - baseless. We should be going towards biodiesel-electric hybrids for autos, agricultural based lubricants, and start building an infrastructure to support an electric-auto driving nation. Big order. Biodiesel is doable NOW. I'm passionate about that, so I won't get started.

- All of the recent corporate scandals were discovered during Bush's tenure. Under whose were they committed?

- I encourage everyone who reads this to think of the # 14 everytime the lefties bring up Enron. That's the # of times Ken Lay spent the night in the Lincoln Bedroom as a guest of El Jefe Clintonista.

- The military likes Bush for many reasons. The military is predominantly Republican, HATES liars, doesn't care for non-merit-based promotions/policies, high on moral standards (I know about the USAF academy rape scandals and all the other ones; overall, their standards are high as hell; every organization has exceptions), and the military doesn't care for the 'blame America first' crowd at all. There are other reasons - these are but a few. It's not so much like Bush as DESPISE who the leftists are running and what they represent.

Dammit. I could continue, but time precludes it. I'll close with this last diatribe:

Over the next year, we are going to see more and more attacks on Bush by the left. They are desparate for several reasons. For the past twenty or thirty years, the left has relied on the 'Republicans are racist', 'tax cuts for the rich', 'woman's right to choose', and 'religious right' mantras/lies in order to motivate their base. With the advent of both the internet and a non-left-leaning major newsnetwork, these lies/mantras have lost much of their potency. The left's reliance on such has been so absolute they've forgotten to produce many (or any) new and useful ideas. The Republicans in contrast, have done so and have been coming up with intellectual responses to this garbage for the past couple of decades.

The attacks that the lefties are about to launch will be ferocious, but devoid of intellect (no great surprise) for the most part. FOX news and the internet will mitigate the potency of these attacks and force the candidates to run on the issues more than anything else. Since the issues embraced by the left in many cases split their own base - their adamant opposition to school vouchers for instance - and their mantras have less potency, they will be forced to increase the volume and ferocity of their attacks to gain support, which will actually push more people away.

If this happens, and I believe it will, look for a Republican land-slide and supermajority in both houses in '04. The lefties will modify their tactics and grow or cease to be a viable force in politics, which is truly sad because I think a viable second party is necessary for the health of the country. Too bad there aren't more libertarians like me.

Back to work. Dammit! I need to be a political commentator or something instead of an engineer.....perhaps.....but then again I enjoy geeking it too much. I'd be bored without doing math.

Beers to all!

Vinny the Anvil
:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

the left has relied on the 'Republicans are racist', 'tax cuts for the rich', 'woman's right to choose', and 'religious right'

If you ammend it to read "some Republicans are racist", I think the rest pretty much stands true. :P

And repeat ad nauseum.

He committed perjury.
He committed perjury.
He committed perjury.

Didn't like that he was getting blown under his desk. Esp since he is the leader of this country and he set a VERY bad example for the US, esp children. But others have done it too. Doesn't make it right, but at least I'm consistent and will not play party lines on it.

But after it all, Clinton committed perjury. That is the worst of it. Perjury.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

>Over the next year, we are going to see more and more attacks on Bush by the left.

I think we will too, but for a different reason. He has given then a huge opening with the failure to find WMD's in Iraq. There are several reports now about how the administration knew the reports were sketchy and used that because it was a good way to talk people into a war. At one point, while preparing for a speech at the UN, Powell (who I like more and more the more I read about him) threw a CIA report on WMD's in the air and said "I'm not reading this; this is bullshit!" The administration knew.

This is too bad, because the result will be that every bit of intelligence we produce in the next few years will be questioned. We have a country that has threatened us with NUCLEAR WEAPONS (who has them!) and we spent our credibility dollars instead on a country that was really no threat to us. Any claim we make now that North Korea has dozens of weapons and is nearing completion on ICBM's will be greeted with "Oh, the WMD story again?"

>FOX news and the internet will mitigate the potency of these attacks
>and force the candidates to run on the issues more than anything else.

No doubt Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter will get involved as well. I have no doubt the right wing press will support the right wingers and vilify the left wingers, as always. Business as usual. The internet, though, as it is more accessible to the average person (i.e. via message boards, blogs) will be a lot more balanced - if you can call the ranting that goes on on the net balanced anything.

I'll go for this list right down the line. But the thing that saddens me is that the guy will be re-elected because the Dems can't run a viable candidate or campaign. And I'm saying that as a Democrat.

I don't think any of this is going to concern our little subculture too much. Not until they decide that skydiving endangers national security and start shutting us down. USPA already had to go to bat for one DZ in Florida at an airport that wanted to require photo I.D. and security clearances for ALL PERSONS going anywhere near the airplanes. Can you imagine the crap they'd give an average bunch of jumpers trying to clear a security check ? Not that we're "bad people", we're just average folks in all ways but one.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

If you ammend it to read "some Republicans are racist", I think the rest pretty much stands true

Some of the MOST racist people I have ever met are Dem's.

Funny Huh?

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The military likes Bush for many reasons. The military is predominantly Republican, HATES liars, doesn't care for non-merit-based promotions/policies, high on moral standards (I know about the USAF academy rape scandals and all the other ones; overall, their standards are high as hell; every organization has exceptions), and the military doesn't care for the 'blame America first' crowd at all. There are other reasons - these are but a few.

I have asked another person, but I still don't understand. If all this is true, and in all honestly I believe it to be true, then why can a deserter be so loved by the US forces?

Is it really, as you seem to state, a love by default? Just because the other option is worse?

He committed perjury.
He committed perjury.
He committed perjury.

Didn't like that he was getting blown under his desk. Esp since he is the leader of this country and he set a VERY bad example for the US, esp children. But others have done it too. Doesn't make it right, but at least I'm consistent and will not play party lines on it.

But after it all, Clinton committed perjury. That is the worst of it. Perjury.

I think this quote bears repeating.

Chris

Some of the MOST racist people I have ever met are Dem's.

A single exception can disprove a rule, but only if the rule is a 100% rule. You live in the South, where for generations the Democrats were what conservative southerners were. Because Lincoln was a Republican.

Some of the most closed-minded, dogmatic people I know are Republicans. That's just as meaningful, right?

Wendy W.

Yes, Clinton committed perjury. About an extramarital affair. Yes, he was stupid to have lied -- after all, he could have just sealed the records and said it was important to national security.

I'm afraid that his willingness to lie about something like boffing Monica says almost as much about the people who thought that was the most pressing issue facing the country at the time, as it does about a President who was stupid enough to think that he could get away with it.

Wendy W.