AggieDave

What should I read?

Dave, don't let all these pseudo intellectual types intimidate you with all their obscure book titles. Stick to the tried and true faithfuls yoou've come to rely on:
Hustler
Juggs
Penthouse Forum
Bigg'ens
Swank

and so on.;):D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hi Aggiedave,

I'm on a huge Pat Conroy kick, I loved all his books that I read and am now readin "My Losing Season" which is his autobiography. It's wonderful, thoughtful, funny and interesting. Plus all the big words he uses.....really great book from a great writer. Good luck finding something you like.

meg

Another really excellent series of books are the "Prey" series by John Sandford. They are quick reads, and they are intriguing. The main character is a homicide detective with a lot of issues, and they are all basically serial murder cases. You get to see things from the killer's point of view, too.
Another comparable series is the "In Death" series by J.D. Robb. These are about a cop under the same sort of circumstances, but it's slightly futuristic, like 2056 or something like that. They have all sorts of kick-ass toys!

Blondes do have more fun!

Any of the Sharpe books, by Bernard Cornwell. Swashbuckling tales to do with Napoleonic wars, from the viewpoint of a British officer who rose through the ranks. Corking stuff.

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

"Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman... dark, witty, chilling, very very cool

if you want hilarious with a bit of darkness, check out "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman... excellent book

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

I'll let you know in a few hours, I'm fix'n to go to Barnes and Nobles, well after I go to Freebirds.B|

Dave is the kind of the Freebirds tacos!
Of course, it's probably best that he eats first, because we wouldn't want him dripping any taco sauce on his brand new book!

Tacos? We don't need no stink'n tacos! :P

Freebirds Burritos, big as your arm, and better then anything else!

Which would be even messier. Perhaps you should buy a book entitled "A Million Different Recipes for Burritos"!:D

Why do that when there is a Freebirds literally 2 blocks from my house...B|

Okay, you win. Go stuff your face...have an extra one for me; I'll be leaving town and won't be able to get down to the one in big D till I get back.

Why do that when there is a Freebirds literally 2 blocks from my house...

And they are undoubtedly the two cleanest blocks in the entire city. Not a single damned roach, mouse or germ. All killed by the constant fumigation hell you unleash as you walk back and forth. :o

Three good military/SF books:

Forever war, Joe Haldeman

I saw this one in the catalog at the local community college, so I stopped in and picked it up after work today. Hadn't been checked out since 1986 (or so I assume, the card in the cover was last stamped May 22 1986, and according to the computer it hasn't been checked out since the entire library was barcoded almost 10 years ago).

It is quite good. I'm almost halfway through and will probably polish it off before I go to sleep tonight.