airann

What Language would you learn?

Chile. But I'd like to visit Brazil and Argentina.

Ooh, and I'd like to visit Santiago...

BA is really pretty- very European. And so is Curitiba, Brazil, in a way. Rio just rocks, but I'd skip Sao Paulo.

Back on track: Chinese would be a cool one, too. I'm trying to remember this one word- pronounced one way, it means 'hottie', pronounced slightly differently, it mean 'fuck you'. Phoenetically, it's Chu-ni-da, but it depends on the emphasis... Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Good way to get a drink thrown in your face...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I think I'd go for German. I made it to p. 21 of German through Pictures when I was in high school and decided that declensions weren't for me (didn't like them much in high school Latin, either).

I can assure you that for me, at least, knowing a Romance language really well means the others are much easier to learn, but I didn't just sort of automatically understand them.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I speak French and am a musician (yet another "language" not listed).

I chose Norwegian for two reasons. First, I fully intentd to jump the fjords on my 40th birthday (another 5 years and several hundred jumps) and I'd like to be able to yak with the locals. Reason 2 is that one half my family lineage is Norwegian and it would be nice to be able to talk with them (conversational Whuffo? ... yue came-eh half waaay arounddd de worlt to yump off of de feeyourd? I intend tyo say "jeg" to that)

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

how do you say butt-fucking in klingon?

I think this comes pretty close:
[Where] raed'aeusnnta'jhiy [you] ihdhueeerr'unhr ehdhihss [chocolate]

ROTFLOL

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Spanish ??

beavis: Nicaragua.... arriba.... andelay.... I AM CORNHOLIO!! I NEED T.P. FOR MY BUNGHOLE!!!

Spanish teacher: Senor Beavis! Donde esta tu hallpass?

Beavis: Are you threatening me? You will give my T.P. ... bungholio!

Spanish teacher: Beavis.... just what in the hell do you think you are doing?

Beavis: DO NOT MAKE MY BUNGHOLE ANGRY! Do you have any oleo?

Spanish teacher: Get the hell outa my class and go straight to the principal's office. NOW!

Beavis: Ummmmmmm.... okay. THE PRINCIPAL.... he will give me T.P.! heh heh I would hate for my bungholio to get polio... Where I come from we have no bunghole... heh heh heh heh

Spanish teacher: "Ahhh, las luces aprendidas, pero nadie en casa....." The lights are on, but nobody's home....

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

given the fact that the hispanics have surpassed the african americans as the number one minorities in america i think it benefit us all to learn a little spanish!

Si señor :D:D:D:D

Definately depends on what your goal is in learning the language. Houston has a "couple" of spanish speakers around. So you'd definately use it profusely and therefor retain it. You can get great govt jobs that pay nicely (60K or better to start) if you speak just about any Oriental language or a fairly wide selection of middle eastern dialects of Arabic. Speaking from experience.....Spanish is a HELL of a lot easier to learn. :D