GiaKrembs

What are you reading???

Time Enough for Love by Robert A. Heinlin

great book! probally my favorite Heinlen, although Moon is a Harsh Mistress is up there too for different reasons.

I have to recommend "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.
good enough i've been giving away copies like mad..an easy read that affected my veiws of life in ways i'm still discovering..

hey you! read it already! you know who i'm talkin to! ;)

I've been to Barnes and Noble like 3 times this week looking for the new HP book, but they still don't have it. Bastards!!

When I was in WA, my Aunt reserved the HP book for the kids to buy at a bookstore. On their way there, they stopped at the grocery store. The book was there, and it was $10 cheaper!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I just finished Neuromancer by WIlliam Gibson.

2001: A Space Odyssey, Arthur C Clarke.

I'm thinking Phillip K Dick or Proust next.

nathaniel
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Just Finished:
A World full of Fat People
by Amarillo Slim
Great Book about High Stakes Gamblers.

Just Started Re-reading To Sail Beyond the Sunset By Heinlein (for the fouth time).

My Top 5 Most Recommended List:
1. Enders Game - Orson Scott Card
2. Armor - John Steakley
3. Fool on the Hill - Matt Ruff
4. Anything By Heinlein
5. Vimpire$ by John Steakly (The book is nothing like Horrible Movie John Carpenter Made from it.)

I just read Operating Instructions by Annie Lamott. It's her journal from her son's first year of life.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey Gia! A really cooooool back that you might enjoy is "The Tao Of Pooh." Not so much into Taoism, I picked it up at the airport to read on a trip I was taking.

Someone also recommended to me a book called "Tuedays With Morie"...supposed to be pretty good. Guess I'll read that after I finsih reading the articles in my new Playboy......ahem:ph34r:

----------------------------
"Insert witty quote here."

I am with Amber and Michele....a Stephen King nut...

I am re reading the first Dark Tower book...and then I am going to read the newly released Gunslinger which he completely rewrote...I just want to see how different they really are. Then I will reread and rest of the series in preparation for the fifth book in November!

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I currently started reading "Invisible Monsters" by Chuck Palahniuk, he's the guy that wrote Fight Club. But if you really wanna read a good book, read "Survivor" by him. Excellent book.

GINNY
The words I have to say, May well be simple but they're true, Until you give your love, There's nothing more that we can do-David Bowie

You might enjoy "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance"

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Faulkner's "Hamlet" and Gogol's "Dead Souls". I like reading a few books at a time.

I agree that Palahniuk is great. Also from modern American try Douglas Coupland. The guy is great and if you read "All families are psychotic" you will love it.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275