DYEVOUT

. . . . . . . . . . IT'S . . . . . . . .

. . . . The Monty Python Thread !!!

Surely I can not be alone in thinking these guys created some of the funniest things ever put on tape.

I get the impression from reading posts on this site, that most of you folks love to laugh (as do I).

One must admit that the combination of bizarre subject matter, writing that was both creative and inspired - yet sophomoric and basic, and impeccable timing made these Brits brilliant.

This month marks the 33 year anniversary of the formation of Python Productions Ltd. (I don't care either), so post your favorite quote, sketch or episode from the Python era.

Anyone not posting to this thread is a Malodorous Pervert, and shall be cast into the Pit of Eternal Stench. (or is too young to remember them).

I have to go now, time for my meds and bath. (I hope they don't use the brush again).

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

I fart in your general direction.

Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

mmmm Monty Python. Just as good as the Goons.

"Would you care for a gorilla?"
"No thanks, I'm trying to give them up."

:D
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Undertaker: "There's three things we can do with your mum. We can burn her, bury her or dump her."

Man: "DUMP her?!?!"

U: "Yeah... dump her in the Thames."

M: "WHAT?!?"

U: "Oh... did you like your mother? We won't dump her then. So, what will it be? Burn her or bury her?"

M: "I'm not sure... what would you reccommend?"

U: "Oh, well they're both nasty. If we burn her, she gets stuffed in the flames... crackle crackle crackle... which is a bit of a shock if she's not quite dead... but quick. Then, when we're done, you get a box of ashes which you can pretend are hers. If we bury her, she gets eaten up by maggots and weevils... nibble nibble nibble... which as I said before is a bit of a shock if she's not quite dead."

M: "Well, she's definitely dead"

U: "Oh, have you got her with you?"

M: "She's in this sack"

U: "Let's 'ave a look. Oh... she was quite young. (turns to back of shop) Fred, get the oven on! We've got an eater!"

M: "WHAT?!?! Are you proposing that we EAT my mother?!?"

U: "Ummm.. yeah. Not raw... not raw. She'd be delicious with some french fries and a bit of broccoli... DELICIOUS."

M: "Well... I don't know..."

U: "Look, tell you what. We'll eat your mother, then if you feel guilty afterwards, we'll dig a grave and you can throw up into it!"

M: "Allright then!"

(Studio audience rises out of their chairs in anger and disgust and chase the players off the stage)

Python is the best!

It might be funny, and stop calling me Shirley.

I think that line can be credited to the Zucker Brothers, comedic geniuses in their own right. B|

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

Surely I can not be alone in thinking these guys created some of the funniest things ever put on tape.

" No it Isn't " .... "Yes It IS".... No it isn't " "yes It Is "......."well THIS isn't an argument,, It's simply a series of contradictions........
No it isn't...... YES it IS.........:o:S:P;)
....OH !!!!.. " you wanted an Argument..????.."
"Sorry,,,, This is abuse.... Arguments are down the hall".....
"wink wink grin grin, Say no more. Say no more!!! "

my favourite movie bit:

TIM: To the north there lies a cave-- the cave of Caerbannog-- wherein, carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Olfin Bedwere of Rheged make plain the last resting place of the most Holy Grail.

ARTHUR: Where could we find this cave, O Tim?

TIM: Follow. But! Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

ARTHUR: What an eccentric performance.

my favourite skit bit:

Four well-dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort. "Farewell to Thee" being played in the background on Hawaiian guitar.

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpaulin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I think that line can be credited to the Zucker Brothers, comedic geniuses in their own right. B|

Where I heard it was in the movie "Airplane". I know, it has nothing to do with Monty Python, I just can't resist that line whenevber someone starts a sentence with "Surely"

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'

AMEN

To vanquish the Rabbit of Caerbannog

Amazon

and shall be cast into the Pit of Eternal Stench. (or is too young to remember them).

Hmmmm, and I thought the Pit of Eternal Stench originated in the David Bowie movie vehicle,The Labrynth... perhaps not-
'It's just a flesh wound-'
'Come back here, you coward- I'll bite yer legs off!'
Brokeneagle.

I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says... he is giving me a reputation I do not deserve!

Here's relatively obscure when it comes to Python:

Ich bin ein Holzfäller und fühl mich stark,
Ich schlaf des Nachts und hack am Tag.

Er ist ein Holzfäller und fühlt sich stark,
Er schläft des Nachts und hackt am Tag.

Ich fälle Bäume, ich ess mein Brot,
Ich geh auf das WC,
Am Mittwoch geh ich shopping,
Kau Kekse zum Kaffee.

Er fällt die Bäume, er isst sein Brot,
Er geht auf das WC,
Am Mittwoch geht er shopping
Kaut Kekse zum Kaffee.

Ich fälle Bäume und hüpf und spring,
Steck Blumen in die Vas'
Ich schlüpf in Frauenkleider
Und lümmel mich in Bars.

Er fällt Bäume, er hüpft und springt,
Steckt Blumen in die Vas'
Er schlüpft in Frauenkleider
Und lümmelt sich in Bars...?

Ich fälle Bäume, trag Stöckelschuh
Und Strumpf- und Büstenhalter.
Wär gern ein kleines Mädchen
So wie mein Onkel Walter.

Er fällt die Bäume, trägt Stöckelschuh
Und Strumpf- und Büstenhalter...?

Hints: Its a song. It was on a Flying Circus episode that was taped in German...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm a Lumberjack!

Now don't give me that you snotty faced heap of parrot droppings!! Your kind really makes me puke you vacuous, malodorous pervert !!

Uh, I just came here for an arguement

Sorry this is abuse - you want twelve "A"

...stupid Git....

B|B|B|

-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

This parrot wouldn't go VOOM if I put four thousand volts through it! This is an ex-parrot!

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Anyone not posting to this thread is a Malodorous Pervert, and shall be cast into the Pit of Eternal Stench. (or is too young to remember them).

So, what happens to people who are old enough to have seen a Monty Python movie and still don't know what you're talking about? :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't forget this one.

Hey Bruce!!!!

Immanuel Kant was a real piss-ant who was very rarely stable.
Heideggar, Heideggar was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out-consume Schopenhauer and Hegel.
And Whittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.
There's nothing Nieizsche couldn't teach 'ya 'bout the raising of the wrist.
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stewart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shanty was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away, 'alf a crate of whiskey every day!
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle, and Hobbes was fond of his Dram.
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart: "I drink, therefore I am."
Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.