Stacy

HOLY TORNADO BATMAN!

i was inside, like a really nasty t-storm from where i was. i didn't know the extent of the damage until seeing the news report on TV. I didn't even lose power. but where I work (a hospice care unit) is in madness right now, all backup generators running, etc. aerials are funny, a few flattened buildings, some with minor damage, then others untouched, all fairly close together, except for Riviera which got pretty much nailed. the pic i posted was frm the news center.

__

Yeah they look really cool on TV. Wait till ya see one up close and personal.
Almost died in a campground in Alabama. Can you imagine.......Alabama. What the hell was i doing there anyway?????:S
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

We had 9 (nine) water spouts off of the beach last weekend due to a thunderstorm. I got some crappy video of one. Man, it was scary..... Ever watched about 30 pilots running around trying to tie their planes down in a massive rain storm???

I missed the announcement to go to the center of the building once during a tornado warning; I was right by the window (having left my un-microphoned computer room) when it it. Not a major one, but still. The sky was green, and very dense -- I couldn't really see the parking lot 50 feet away. I didn't see anything caught up in it, so it might have been only the edges. 2 cars were damaged on the top of the parking garage.

They, um, wired the computer rooms for emergency sound after that :D.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yeah they look really cool on TV. Wait till ya see one up close and personal.
Almost died in a campground in Alabama. Can you imagine.......Alabama. What the hell was i doing there anyway?????:S

Yes, twisters look really cool from a distance...until there's one on your street, headed your way! Or until your friends decide it would be fun to chase one and you end up practically underneath it because it changes direction on you!
Not good situations...living where I do, tornadoes are frequent enough that you have to learn proper respect and fear of them because they can be some nasty creatures![:/]

Blondes do have more fun!

no clay, luckily my "toto" lives with my parents in B-more. my apartment is too small for a dog like him, t oo much energy!

__

What kind of dog? I have a chihuahua that lives with my parents who freaks out at a little rain, and my boyfriend has a great dane and a doberman that don't appreciate thunderstorms; I can't imagine how any of them would act during a tornado!

Blondes do have more fun!