jumprunner

Okay which one?

Just got off the phone with the Rip Curl outlet in San Clemente, Im deciding on the Rip Curl High Performance Shortboard, I need something thats eventually going to get me out there as a pro.

One in stock is a 6'6 with more of a pin tail, greater maneuverablility for hollow waves, short ride, the other for longer swells, 6'8, thicker squash tail, more stable, but still a high performance shortboard.

Ive already got two surfboards and one on the way from a local shaper. With the Rip Curl, WTF do I need with the others? Fuck the others!!!

So what do yall think about this and the others?

Also, I might get rid of one board because of the Rip Curl board, the AquaGlide, very wide, shortboard with the stability of a longboard. Anyone interested in taking up shortboarding? I could name a pretty good price.

The other is a 7'2 gun from Florida, very expensive, I think Ill keep that one and not pick up the other one, just want these two boards and thats it.

Last pic: just thought I might throw that in

Hmmmm, why don't you buy a skysurf board and invest the extra money in some coached jumps to get you going on it???

Skysurfing isnt the same thing as surfing. I thought about pursuing it but was kind of turned off when I heard its a lot more dangerous than conventional skydiving.

My two cents...regular ol' skydiving is plenty dangerous enough for me, Ill just stick with that. Besides skysurfing's too much for me...shit dude Im old! Not what I used to be 20 years ago.

Hmmmm, why don't you buy a skysurf board and invest the extra money in some coached jumps to get you going on it???

well first he'd need to actually make a jump with a parachute on his own back :D

seriously though, no board is going to get you out there as a pro. Its not the board that surfs its the dude (or dudette) on it.

man, the way I see it NEITHER of those boards are going to help you ride those killer Arizona desert waves... You need one of those Sahara-Banzai boards w/ the special saghuaro-cactus colision beacons...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

No pro, None, rides commercial boards. They don't buy from the gooch at the end of the pier and they don't buy any from factorys that make apparel.
Wanna be pros know shapers, real pros have shapers beggen to shape for them. Get what you want. get Gizmoed out.

well first he'd need to actually make a jump with a parachute on his own back :D

seriously though, no board is going to get you out there as a pro. Its not the board that surfs its the dude (or dudette) on it.

1. I did go down with a parachute on my back.

2. I know that, I want a high performance board so I can surf like a pro.

The more hp the board is, the harder its going to be to balance on, this sharpens your skills, helps develop better leg muscles, ect. and leads to some pretty radical shit. The board makes a difference, you cant gain that from a wide long board.

The dude (dudette) is going to get better with a more hp board, if you want to get real good, you use that, not something you could have a picnic on.

If you want to get better you gotta work harder, and the not-so-hp boards arent going to make you do that.

No pro, None, rides commercial boards. They don't buy from the gooch at the end of the pier and they don't buy any from factorys that make apparel.
Wanna be pros know shapers, real pros have shapers beggen to shape for them. Get what you want. get Gizmoed out.

Are you kidding? Rip Curl started out in the surfboard, not apparel business, they are world famous for their boards. There wouldnt be a Rip Curl if there werent Rip Curl surfboards.

Micheal Andrews is a Rip Curl shaper, world known, and as you were stating, he shapes for the pros.

I know a local shaper in La Jolla, and yea he's good, real good, and well known in the area. He did the AquaGlide, and has done another for me. But, I want the world famous name brand. Im not saying that Rip Curl would have the best board and that a local shaper couldnt outdo them. What I am saying is Rip Curl isnt just a brand...its an attitude with a lot of history behind it, and its the company that made the boards that initially ruled the waves.

Last point...these boards arent really "commercial" in the sense youre talking about. I know what youre referring to because Im familiar with these types of boards, and I dont buy them. (they are also a lot more expensive). This is different. Rip Curl does, and I say does custom shape boards by request.

The models you see there arent written in stone, they are styles only, and come with customized thickness, length, nose rocker, ect. at costomers request. I have my sights on a 6'8 in the High Performance Shortboard style.

Rip Curl kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I am saying is Rip Curl isnt just a brand...its an attitude with a lot of history behind it, and its the company that made the boards that initially ruled the waves.

That sounds like a Javelin ad...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thats what you've read. Live it and get back to us with the real world facts ..... or not.

I know were rip curl started. fact is there 13 year old groms that can surf pro on shit you can't even float on. Basic junk gutter gear that their older siblings have neglected.
Now try and catch them on anything you want. You gotta be in that water everyday. Are you? They are spending the time. Are you?
You know there is always jetsking. You just aim and push the throttle.....zipp

Thats what you've read. Live it and get back to us with the real world facts ..... or not.

I know were rip curl started. fact is there 13 year old groms that can surf pro on shit you can't even float on. Basic junk gutter gear that their older siblings have neglected.
Now try and catch them on anything you want. You gotta be in that water everyday. Are you? They are spending the time. Are you?

Well excuse me for not living in California...its not up to me right now where I live. If it was Id be there now. Cal is very expensive, there is a recession right now, so Im working out of Arizona and doing the best I can with what I got. And thats all I can do right now, but when Im out there, I put out a lot.

As evidence by the injuries I sustained last time at PB, where I couldnt even get out of bed every morning without it hurting like fuck.

When I am living in Cal, I will be surfing every day, you can bet on it. Every day, like nothing else matters.

Here are the real world facts:
http://www.usa.ripcurl.com/news/news_header.html

And I already heard this today calling a surf shop at Mission, same ol' story. I know a good board when I see it, and I also know Mark Schnieder for a long time now. He's already got another board ready...and not another AquaGlide.

fact is there 13 year old groms that can surf pro on shit you can't even float on.

Oh come on......you know if I buy a Xaos 54 I'll outswoop JC like a biotch!!!!!! :D

JC is bitchen guy but they ( icarus,flightschool,red bull or who knows ) pay him to be in the air just about every day and i don't think they are going to stop. he goes on vacation to get away from it all and get in the air.... someplace else.
Buddy like those 13 year old groms and wave time if you get as much airtime as JC you might fly pro.

Oh and BTW this doesn't come with the chicks that dig him thats a separate issue he worked out with the DEVIL...... see you at the crossroads.:)

One other thing....what do you think the new skateboard is for? Rides just like a shortboard....and its the best you can do while in Arizona. We dont all have the luxury of living in Cal, but that doesnt mean we aint worth a shit. You get out of it what you put into it, whether every day or whenever you can get out.