gulaz

You know you're a skydiver when...

Trying to make a big list, for fun. I thought this up, when I found a new ringer for my cellphone... it plays Sublime, dropzone music :)

You know you are a skydiver when you think an ideal first date would be a SKYDIVE!!!
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

you know you're a skydiver when...

you're in a store, reach for your wallet with your right hand, and your left automatically comes up to your forehead... right tot? :DB|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

you know you're a skydiver when...

you're in a store, reach for your wallet with your right hand, and your left automatically comes up to your forehead... right tot? :DB|

...you're in a store, reach for your wallet and try to pay with your jump tickets
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

... you feel like taking a trip to Minneapolis and mugging someone that works with blue for their access card.

New security.... have to swipe it 4 times to get on a floor after hours. 2 times during hours. Once in front of the security guards, hope the face in the computer matches yours.

But, I have gone up to my floor right past the guards with my rig on my shoulder :) So I know that should not be a problem.

You cancel your plane tickets and trip to see the family, and end up taking a road trip to the next nearest DZ.

You budget the month by cutting out food and drinks from your diet, supplementing in ice chips, grain alcohol, and jump tickets.

You begin to care about your beacon score because good credit translates into $$ for gear.

You don't even mention your weekend of jumping, and the first thing your friends ask was how skydiving went that weekend.

Angela.

when you can smell altitude on your clothes
(this is easier when you jump with someone like aggiedave......but that aint altitude LOL)

you know youre a skydiver when you have a direct deposit account at your dz
My photos

My Videos

... when you yell "CUT!" to get the taxi/bus driver to stop.
... you don't own any clothes you didn't get at a boogie/DZ.
... when going over a bridge and your whuffo friends say "Look how high it is!" and you say "Look how LOW it is!"
... your friends say "Look at all the clouds." and you say "Look at all the HOLES!"
... you no longer maintain any meaningful contact with friends who don't skydive.
... you drive a $500 car so you can afford a $5000 rig (or 2 or 3) and $2500 camera/helmet system.

(OK, I stole some of these from an article in Skydiving or Canpara from a few years back.)

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

you got to the WFFC even though you have no money and your ankle is broken... surviving one beer and pain killers ... and still make 3 jumps... B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

From the clicky... "You find yourself mentally telling the pilot when to flare while landing on a commercial flight."

I actually did that today! I thought it was because I'm a pilot. I guess indirectly it's because I'm a skydiver because I didn't start flying until after I started jumping.

--------
Benefitting from the 'free capture of verticality.'

... you drive a $500 car so you can afford a $5000 rig
--------------------------------------------------------
Thats me
--------------------------------------------------------

You reach the front of the que at the Cinema and ask the Box Office if the SkyVan is operating today.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)