Rebel

This past Tuesday was an unbelievable day for me…

This past Tuesday was an unbelievable day for me… I made my 2nd jump and had 2 surprises.

I arrived at the dz about 90 minutes before my scheduled jump time. I checked in and had plenty of time to talk to people. Several of my friends and family arrived shortly after I did.

My cheering section wasn't as large as the 1st time, but that was okay. This time I wanted everything to be low key. I wanted to be able to talk to Range and Paul, (my Tandem Instructor and Videographer) before we jumped.

My first surprise was a reporter from a local TV station. She interviewed me for a little while and shot some video. It aired in a short spot on the 10:00 News.

My 2nd surprise was a very dear and close friend. Barb came to see what I found so exciting. She wanted to watch me jump first hand. Barb and I met in the hospital in October 1991. We were both receiving treatments for MS. She had been inspired by what I have been saying about skydiving and thought she might want to go for it too.

I was almost ready to be wheeled out, when she told me that she was coming with me. Like me she was put into a harness and had her legs and arms strapped together so that they were immoblized.

The reporter filmed us as we were wheeled out and loaded. This time I was 1st in. I got to see everyone go out and their canopies open. Out we went Paul, Range and me. What a Rush… I was back in the clouds. It has only been 5 weeks, but it has felt like 5 months since my 1st jump.

I love the feeling I get when I’m freefalling. No wheelchair, no bed, nothing to hold me down, I’m FREE! When our canopy opened we are pulled back up into the sky for a few seconds, then Range and I start to float to the ground.

Range asked me if I was ready for some turns and I told him I was ready and to GO FOR IT! We first turned to the left and then to the right. It was an intense feeling, I wished that I could stay up in the clouds forever. Our plane passed beneath us and I came back to reality, my jump was almost over.

The ground was almost under foot, Range slowly lifted my legs 10 feet, 9 feet, 5 feet… and then we were down. This time Range landed on his feet, and so did I, “sort of”. I softly landed on my bottom. My jump was over. I was back in my wheelchair, but my head remains in the clouds. I wanted to go right back up and make another jump,

I’m planning to make my 3rd jump sometime in September. My greatest wish is to be able to jump with the people that first inspired me, The US ARMY GOLDEN KNIGHTS Parachuting Team. I am pretty sure that they are going to be in my area at the Willow Grove Naval Station on September 13th and 14th in competition and doing demonstrations.

Nothing would make me happier than to jump with these professionals.

Thank you again for welcoming me into your family.:)
Rebel

ps. I'll post some pictures when I get them developed.

beautiful story rebel. i am sooo glad you made your dreams come true! i got the shivers when i read your first jump story, and had it happen again as i read about your second! i hope that you can one day jump with the knights, and i know it will happen for you. please post your pics when you can. also, keep us updated with your progress!! congrats and welcome to our family:) BIG HUGS coming your way rebel!!

My 2nd surprise was a very dear and close friend. Barb came to see what I found so exciting. She wanted to watch me jump first hand. Barb and I met in the hospital in October 1991. We were both receiving treatments for MS. She had been inspired by what I have been saying about skydiving and thought she might want to go for it too.

I was almost ready to be wheeled out, when she told me that she was coming with me. Like me she was put into a harness and had her legs and arms strapped together so that they were immoblized.

Now look what you've started... good for you...

I'm glad to hear #2 was as exciting as #1. You likely understand 'the feeling' of freedom much more than we do. It is precious and something you will never forget. Keep it up you you...Rebel you :P and good luck in your quest to jump with the GK's!

-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Art, my oneheart, you rawk! And so does Barb...

WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Much love to you, and props to Barb. get her to post her experience, as well...that would just be perfect.

I told you - show people what they can do, and they will do it. Many many hugs for being such an inspiration to me, to everyone around you - and to the world at large.

YOU RAWK!!!!!

Hugs-
M

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

What a wonderful retelling of your second jump! I would love to hear about your friend, Barb's story, as well. What an inspiration you are, keep pursuing your dreams!

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Really cool to hear you had fun on your 2nd jump!

I’m planning to make my 3rd jump sometime in September. My greatest wish is to be able to jump with the people that first inspired me, The US ARMY GOLDEN KNIGHTS Parachuting Team. I am pretty sure that they are going to be in my area at the Willow Grove Naval Station on September 13th and 14th in competition and doing demonstrations.

Nothing would make me happier than to jump with these professionals.

I'm quite sure some people in this forum could help you with that...
Remster

Dude,

Didn't I tell you about that 2nd tandem? What a great story and congrats to Barb!!!! I hope she becomes a member of dz.com.

I was thinking of you on Tuesday and couldn't wait to hear how it went.

Thanks so much for being a part of our community and inspiring us all.

YOU SUCK...but in the best possible way.;)

Blue skies my friend,
Chris

You are definitely hooked! I would love to come out to meet you and cheer you on for #3. Let me know when it will be and I will try to be there!

Cindy