alanab

crushing beer cans??

ok, i have to know.... has anyone here been able to crush a beer can on their head? i tried it sunday night at the dz and was quite unsuccessful and gave up after the 8th try. i now have a very tender forehead and am curious to know who has done it and how!
i was also initiated as member of "team streak" on saturday night... or was it sunday morning? who knows!

all in all an awesome weekend!

i think (never tiried it!) that you would have to dent the can a little to start with. a can in pristine condition would have too much structural integrity to bend easily. squeeze it in a bit to start with, then it will have a built in weak spot.

let me know how that works out. ;)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

ok, i have to know.... has anyone here been able to crush a beer can on their head? i tried it sunday night at the dz and was quite unsuccessful and gave up after the 8th try. i now have a very tender forehead and am curious to know who has done it and how!
i was also initiated as member of "team streak" on saturday night... or was it sunday morning? who knows!

:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

??????????

It must have been pretty funny to watch you make a go of it Alana 8 times in a row... lol ouch.... You have mean friends to not tell you after 1 or 2 trys.. lmao

they were giving me tips... come to think of it, noone else tried though. hmmm?

??????????

Just cant quite picture it.....

Oh, there it is....Holy shit, that's Funny!!!!!
LMAO.....
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Sure. It's not difficult.

Preliminary considerations:
First, ensure that the beer can you are crushing is empty. You are likely to do serious damage to yourself if the beer can has not yet been opened. ;)

Also, empty it completely. The added force from a few ounces of beer may be enough to injure you through blunt force.

Finally, a Red Bull can is inappropriate, except for highly skilled veterans. It is narrow, and somewhat thicker. Indeed, it is beyond my skill level. Just use a standard 12 ounce can (I have yet to evaluate the Heineken "keg can").

Technique:

First, inspect the beer can. Ideally, it should be symmetrical and without defect or dents.

The top of the can should have the little flippy piece on it. This will absorb some of the energy. Indeed, if it is missing, you may cut yourself on the little elevated disc. If the flippy piece is missing, get another can.

Do not use the bottom of the can on your forehead. The concavity will focus the force. So, use the top, which is flatter and more uniform.

Grip the can by placing the bottom against your palm. Your fingers should be tightly against the sides. In a steady motion, push the can against your forehead while squeezing the sides. Apply continuous pressure, bending the can while pressing.

Your forehead will have a mark. It's a red badge of honor.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Do not use the bottom of the can on your forehead. The concavity will focus the force. So, use the top, which is flatter and more uniform.

Your forehead will have a mark. It's a red badge of honor.

this is where i went wrong!! thanks, i will flip it next time im drunk enough to try it again. i have no red marks from it, just a very sore forehead:(

All I can say is don't try it slowly and "evenly" with an undented can. We did a lab in one of my aerospace engineering classes that involved crushing empty beer cans and measuring the force it took to get them to buckle (studying thin walled aluminum structures, like planes). The average force required to buckle an empty Milhaukee's Best can was around 140 lbs. My can (the random one i picked out of a box) didn't buckle until over 299 lbs were applied.

Alright, it wont take 300 lbs to crush a can on your forehead but its still surprising how strong a can is.

Dave

Gee Alana, that will really turn you into a hot skydiving chick....can just imagine, at night, drunk and disoriented not only by the alcohol....

oopppss...better watch oout;)
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

OK Alana - you always seemed pretty damned cool from your postings. Now that I know you've at least attempted to crush a beer can on your head, I know your one of the coolest chicks on the planet - and I haven't even met you!

I tend to drink the beer first, then grasp the can from the bottom. As I impact it into my head I squeeze inward, causing a weak point in the sides of the can. It usually crushes quite handily. Haven't tried that in a year or two.....tonight we shall see if it still works.

Beers to all,

Vinny the Anvil
:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

OK Alana - you always seemed pretty damned cool from your postings. Now that I know you've at least attempted to crush a beer can on your head, I know your one of the coolest chicks on the planet - and I haven't even met you!

I tend to drink the beer first, then grasp the can from the bottom. As I impact it into my head I squeeze inward, causing a weak point in the sides of the can. It usually crushes quite handily. Haven't tried that in a year or two.....tonight we shall see if it still works.

Beers to all,

Vinny the Anvil
:)

why thank you anvil... we shall meet and smash beer cans on our heads together some day:) i think my only problem was that i was trying to do it with the bottom of the can on my head instead of the top. i will try friday again!!!

I'm going to have to disagree with you Anvil.

For beginners it is easier to start the crucshing process with th can still on the table. Starting from between 16 and 18 inches above the can, a sharp, quick impact with the can should achieve the required crushing.

Then the two handed crush should be tried.

Only after many, many successful crushes should she even be attempting a one handed head crush.

I do agree however that the can should be left upright with the tab or open side of the can facing the crushers forhead.

And remember, the harder you crush the can, the more points you get.

Keep us all posted on how this works out.

what? im not cool?

Not if you don't come down to AOT...I told you I'll take care of your beer....

what? im not cool?

Not if you don't come down to AOT...I told you I'll take care of your beer....

im tryin to make it.... dont think my rig will be ready yet. call vse for me:) buy my plane ticket too while youre at it. oh, and can you heal my broken elbow too?;);):P:P joking, but i really really would LOVE to come soooooo bad