skymama

Is hotmail working for you?

I tried to log-on to messenger this morning, and it keeps giving me some message about my connection being wrong. When I put hotmail.com directly in the address bar, it won't go through to it and instead goes to some other search engine page that adds .org to the end of the address. I can go to every other website that I've tried besides hotmail. Is anyone else getting this? If not, how do I fix it?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Andrea,

If you have outlook express, go to tools, then on the account, add a new mail service....It should work even better than actually going to the website. Although sometimes I also get the same message, just make sure also that you have a passport.net setup for your account.

Blue skies
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Hotmail has been experiencing several troubles, not only login problems but also links, the news and stuff are NOT FOUND, either some doofus screwed up or Microsoft is having some other issues, it's getting better now.

either some doofus screwed up

Its of the Doofus Variety...someone screwed up a router doing maintanence someone changed a CUSTOMER to a PEER at some certain company... aint sayin who... but it was not at Microsoft... see ya cant blame Microsoft for everything Ivan;)

Amazon

I think it's a Road Runner problem. I've tried to get on Hotmail at 3 different houses that have Road Runner, and it hasn't worked at all, but we can get on every other website. Sigh....I'll keep waiting.....
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Its of the Doofus Variety...someone screwed up a router doing maintanence someone changed a CUSTOMER to a PEER at some certain company... aint sayin who... but it was not at Microsoft... see ya cant blame Microsoft for everything Ivan

What did YOU do this time then? :):P:P:P:D

Maybe you're not "hot" enough for hotmail?

Yes, I'm sure that's what it is. It's time for me to get an address on "past_your_ prime.com". :P

I think it's a Road Runner problem. I've tried to get on Hotmail at 3 different houses that have Road Runner, and it hasn't worked at all, but we can get on every other website. Sigh....I'll keep waiting.....

Ah! Maybe that's it..we're on Road Runner here too :/

Andrea,

Even if you can't get into the hotmail site, you still can set up the outlook express to your account and download all the e-mails...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Even if you can't get into the hotmail site, you still can set up the outlook express to your account and download all the e-mails...

Thank you for that info, but I don't think I'd ever be able to figure out how to do that! :S

It's a vast Bill Gates Conspiracy. He never liked the roadrunner, he was a big fan of Wiley E. Coyote .... Give it up.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well, open up outlook express, click on tools then on accounts.

You will see an "Internet accounts box, with 4 tabs, all, mail, news, and Directory service, on the right side you will see few buttons, click on add, then on mail.

A new box will appear, type in the name you want this e-mail to be, IE Andrea or skymama. and click on next.

On the next screen, it will prompt you for the complete e-mail. IE [email protected]
Click next, and then the other screen also click on next.

now on the account name prompt, you just put your whole homtail address again ie [email protected] and on password your hotmail password....you should have no trouble after that.

I've never used Outlook Express, but apparently at some time when I was setting up this computer, I put that hotmail info in there. So, when I clicked on Outlook Express, it automatically said it was trying to connect, but it wouldn't go through. I guess I'll have to wait for Road Runner to fix it or else find a computer that uses a dial-up connection.