falxori

was my post deleted?

got a notification that someone has replied to one of my posts by email.
when i tried to open it all i got is "

Forums: Permission Denied
Oops! You are not authorized to view that page

does it mean the post was deleted?

i wonder why would anyone delete a post expressing pain over the loss of 15 people in terror attacks. [:/]

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

if so, the people who made those remarks should be warned, or even banned as far as i'm concerned.

i don't expect the greenies to go over every reply and remove the offensive ones, but deleting the whole thread (especially an important one (at least to some)) seems rude and heartless. >:(

sorry if i'm being touchy, rough times... [:/]

O

Yes, it was deleted because of the racist comments. I didn't want to lock it because they would have still been up on the forums for people to read. Dropzone.com is way too much of an international community now to have comments like that up on the threads. Have some consideration for you fellow man, people.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hmmm... A "Deleted Post">:(

Is this something of a first? I'm well aware of threads being locked, but "Deleted" seems a bit Orwellian.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

You would not believe the amount of shit I have to delete on a regular basis. Some people have no common sense whatsoever when it comes to what should and should not be posted. "This is no democracy" is not a joke. If you cannot live by our simple rules we are more than happy to censure you. Live with the rules or move on. As Andrea pointed out, this is an international forum. People need to take that into consideration before posting inflamatory subjects.

Chuck

"if so, the people who made those remarks should be warned, or even banned as far as i'm concerned.

I agree with you on that."

If you're going to BAN people for making racist remarks then is it time for me to "Be afraid... Be VERY AFRAID"???

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Now, I'm not trying to be a wisenheimer here, but what exactly is considered "racist"?

Bear with me here. Being a caucasian, I don't take the term "cracker" as racist, even though I'm sure that's what's intended. I do believe the "n" word is racist.

Is the term "ragh**d" racist? Or is it more "sand n*****" that's overtly more insensitive?

I'm all for ensuring good taste and good manners, but at the same time, even with an international audience, it is important to know what words may mean. All that aside, I take it that it's not possible to delete single posts?

What if I was talking about a fag ... what did I just say?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you cannot live by our simple rules we are more than happy to censure you.

by all means, as i said, you should also ban them.

just keep in mind that by deleting the entire thread you are hurting those of us who follow the rules, like the rules and in a way are the citizens that keep this non-democracy running.

O

DANG IT!!! I HATE IT when I miss the locked/ deleted threads...

It's kinda like not going to WFFC.. Everyone's talking about it but you have NO idea what it's like..

Just outta curiousity, this wouldn't happen to be related to a thread from yesterday that went on forever? (and YES, I HAD to read all 360 or so replies...)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Wait a minute dude, am I reading this right? It sounds like you were the one making the remarks, or you just agree with them. You need to listen to SkyMama, have some respect for your fellow man. Biggotry might be fine in your mind pal, but not here. Skydiving is all about love and vibes. Maybe you should remember that.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

no.
it was about a double terror attack we had here last night which killed a lot of people.

and among the relevant replies there was one saying something like "ban all muslims" or worse, but i dont remember the exact words, i kinda ignored them.

O

Hmmm... A "Deleted Post">:(

Is this something of a first? I'm well aware of threads being locked, but "Deleted" seems a bit Orwellian.

Mike.

nahhh, I had a thread deleted a while ago. I had asked the woman to fess up to if they were as horny as us guys are....someone didnt like it and next thing i knew it was gone

When people start quoting offending text, it makes it very difficult to delete certain posts and if I do all of them that reference it, it really chops up the flow of the thread and makes it difficult to follow. I'm sorry I had to send it to the trash bin (and yes, that is an option we've used for quite awhile) because your original post was indeed very sad and is an important issue for all of us.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Here is the important news that falxori was informing us about:

2 terror attacks, one day

18:00 - a terrorist blows himself in a bus stop, near a hospital outside Tel-Aviv killing 7 (mostly soldiers from a nearby base) . 20 wounded.

23:00 - a terrorist blows himself in a coffee shop in Jerusalem.
so far 5 dead, dozens wounded.
it appears the security guard spotted him and stopped him at the entrance.

Sad, Sad day.

wish for peace, prepare for war.