skreamer

Fat bastards

Great, another post filled with hate and bigotry.
Don't you guys realize that actual human people with feelings read what you write? Would you say this kind of thing to their faces?
Cripes.
Right, and now I'm PC for pointing it out. Cowards.

I was down in Florida from July 7 to12 on business at PD--I also jumped at Skydive Spaceland and saw the space shuttle launch at 07:04!
This was my first time in Florida since 1970!
I have to now believe that the state of Florida has the largest "girth" in America; and I don't mean the geographic girth! "Totality gross/huge frontal extreme masses"--300-400 lbs--common.
I could say allot, but it would only be a broken record we've all heard many times before.
Maybe this in an evolution thing---the thinning of the herd!
Dave Brownell
71" @ 174 lbs.
Mesa, AZ

MEN should pay more. After all (and be honest here guys) isn't usually men who stink? Whether from not bathing, not washing the jumpsuit, wearing stinky shoes, farting, not wiping completely, whatever. It's always the guys. Men should pay double. Women's jumps should be free.
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

I must still be hung over from the weekend. I missed it: where's the joke?
The whole thing sounds pretty real to me, even down to identifying "that stinky guy".
And April, you didn't ever answer Carl's question: would you say it to their face?

Heres my worthless opinion. In the case of our DZ where all we have are cessna's take the 182, if you can get the plane off the groung with 4 jumpers then each pays for a single ticket, but if you have a load with where the plane cant take off unless there is only three because of a large person than I think that person should pay for the open slot. However we have a couple of very large jumpers at our dz and have know problem fitting everyone in. SO for someone to be so large they take up two slots the question then becomes our they physically fit to be jumping?
jason

Lazerq3 isn't that called discrimination????

I'm not sure if calling discrimination on paying wise, physically wise, or both> Payment wise its not fair to other jummpers that they cant go up becaue you need to reserve all the room for one person, so if someone is that big they should pay for the extra slots they take up! but like I said before we have some BIG jumpers at our DZ (very good divers I may add) that we have know problems filling a full load on the cessna,s. But If you (you being used as a general term) are that big to take up two slots, than it becomes a safty issue. Just like tandems. Most DZs have a weight limit. Are you going to call them on disrimination because of it. Hell no, thats a safty issue! I'm sorry If I sound rude, I'm trying to go about this in a polite way but if you are over weight Thats not my problem. I didnt put you there. I have a guy at my work that really wants to go jumping that weighs 310lbs. I told him straight up you need to lose 110lb. OUr planes cant support that big of a jumper nor do we have the gear. Sometimes the truth hurts but I didnt make up the truth> it comes out all on its own. Maybe that would be a good insentive to get into better shape. Again dont mean to hurt anyones feeling but thats just how I see it.
jason

hmmm sounds like pointless banter...if ya are having troubles with the amount of time it takes to get to alt mr speedy I suggest chartering your own plane...because when you take the bus....you get all the locals and others that come with it...germs and heat and sweat and all....smelly as it is....just next time you feel the urge to segregate...remember that we are very fortunate to be skydivers....we leave this kind of crap in the real world...or the fake one is what I call it...the real one is the dz...where they accept me with open arms....I'd be hurt if they really weren't that open after all....
*when you find yourself complaining...remember that you're skydiving....I'd go through waiting in a long line if that was the only way to get up there*
**BLUE ONES**
BITE ME.... :P

Speaking up for the fat bastards out there.

Man if you are going to make fat jokes at least try to make them funny (I know about this, I probably heard them all).
How much do you think fast bastards cost to the average DZ?
I would say the sport wins by having poeple with disabilities Being actively involved. While it is only reasonable that these people compensate the DZ for the inconveninence, most of the overweight people I met in America hated being reminded of their weight problem. Perhaps if obese they had to face the eventuality of being assesed to decide how much they should pay they might shy away from the activity. Personally I've been in a C-182 with 4 (very slim) other jumpers (I weight 230 lb with clothes only, no equipment.)
I commend the USPA for their efforts in making the sport accesible to those with special needs. I seem to recall that in the case of people with a serious weight problem, provisions can be made to adapt tandem gear for their use.
In my country most people with special needs are banned from skydiving, in fact anyone seen not fit to pilot an aircraft will be denied a student licence and this includes those suffering from color-blindness, partial eyesight loss, diabetes, loss of (or limited mobility with)a limb, respiratory problems, etc.
Sorry for the rant.

Still shedding whuffo-ness
Check out the Hardcore Whuffo pages

Spectre:

Arrogant Rude Asshole Bastards.What else can we make arab stand for?

Why are you posting this xenophobic shit on a thread about fat bastards? You might have an axe to grind but this thread is read by all sorts of people. I thought you were right-wing but didn't realise you would be so shameless as to air your hang-ups in public like this. The internet is used by people of all races, colors and creeds. Cultural imperialism is redundant on the web so get over it.
AA

Next thing you know some of you won't want to jump with those of us who still fight demons on the way up and out but go anyway.
I know this may have started out as a joke, but we all have demons be them fear, fat, ugly, or whatever. As long as we are facing them head on and dealing with them I say live and let live, jump and let jump.
Lisa

*Argh* I tried so hard to stay away from this thread because I know it started as a joke and no one really meant harm, but I'm afraid, as usual, I can't keep my mouth shut.
As a former 'fat bastard' myself, I have to say that while you *can* do something about it, it's certainly not easy for a lot of us. I mean c'mon. Even now, I'd much prefer to be even 20 lbs thinner, but it's taking a lot of work to get there, and I'm not willing to become anorexic again as I had as a teenager for it. I also have seen both of my brothers fight their weight too...genetics have a great deal to do with your size in general, as we all know.
I guarantee I want to kick the kids' ass who tease my little girl about her weight already! She's not heavy at all, but she's not a waif either. It starts at such a young age..this "I was only teasing" attitude. Perhaps. Doesn't make it any easier to bear for the 'teasee' though. If you think what you say doesn't damage someone's self-esteem, you're wrong. Why do you think the diet industry makes so much money? People take pills of every kind, damaging their hearts and bodies to lose weight and speed up their metabolism so they can attain that slim look that will get them looks of envy rather then pity or jokes. The only REAL reason to lose weight is for your own health, not to get the plane up any faster or look better by society's standards.
It's not about being PC or not, it's about being human. Cruelty, in all it's forms, is not acceptable in my life and I would never continue to be friends with someone who intentionally hurt someone for their own amusement.
My thoughts.
Oh, and by the way...when Merrick and I have a child soon, I guarantee my pregnant fat ass will be on that plane and I'll push you out at 3,000 feet for a hop n' pop if you think we're getting up too slow because of it! That'll take care of that excess weight eh? LOL!
P
Merrick's SCR Ceremony

christ... I can't even believe I'm reading half this shit on dz.com .... so very disappointing... jokes or not...

How true...
I ,like Pammi, have just lost a lot of respect for many of these people wether they care or not who knows. But this kinda crap doesn't belong here. take it over to wreck...
Marc
Did somebody call a medic