fozchek

My Fatal Flaws...

Many of you don't know me. Many of you do know me, but have only seen certain facets of my personality. I am a generally happy person. But sometimes I get into these "moods"...
which brings me to my point:

I complain too much lately. I worry too much about other people's actions, when I should really be focusing on my own actions-- those I actually have control over. I have been guilty of wasting too much energy on negativity, and this is something that ends now.

Every day is a new day for each and every one of us. My lifetime has already been filled with seemingly several different lifetimes. The beauty about our time here on this earth, is that we are free to reinvent ourselves as frequently and as dramatically as we choose. CHOICE. It's a beautiful thing. I am choosing now to value those around me that I love, and embrace those that I may not have initially given a chance. Those that I have wronged? I extend my sincere apologies.

Why now? I have been noticing those around me that I care about hurting, too. With certainty I can say that I am not alone in these unhealthy behaviors, and I felt it was time to reach out and remind everyone that we are in control of our own happiness. I have become too comfortable with my faults...now I just want to be comfortable with me. Others actions do not need to please me, however, my own should. It's all a matter of perceptions, and I am changing mine for the better.

Moral of the story: If you don't like something change it through action... bitching about it only spreads the negative energy. And next time you come to me to complain about other people's actions or your own life, don't be offended if I don't join in, but instead offer the "lighter" perspective. We all have so much to offer each other.

Thanks for reading!:)
...much love.

Well said, sister. If more people were as concerned with their own actions as they were with judiging others this world would definitely be a much nicer place!:)Some people really are stupid though!:D
Sorry, regressed there for a minute!:ph34r:

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Always happy to see people making changes for the better in their lives but don't go all sicky sweet and pacifist like on me - I've always liked you just the way you are.

A person can be blunt and honest and still be a good person. You don't have to always turn the other cheek and there are people who are super annoying out there that you just have to throw up your arms and walk away from sometimes.

Last time I talked to you, you were pretty happy - that's it I'm going to call you.

Yup, girl, you rock just as you are - whatever changes that make you happy will just be subtle improvements.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You know, it takes a conceited person to think they have no flaws, and a normal person to not know of their flaws. But it takes an amazing person to recognize their flaws, and want to change them. Bravo. ;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Hey, nice

One of my favorite persons at our Dropzone is very cool and independent.

One of the things I admire about him is how he handles conversations. When anyone starts to talk about someone not present - and it's in a negative way - this person doesn't argue, contribute, fight it or anything. They just walk away and find another group to hang with. When the trash is done, he may come back or may not. I'm trying very hard to emulate that example. Since people like to gripe and it's normal habit, I'm finding this a pretty good trick and harder than you might imagine. Much of the time, you find yourself hanging alone while the entire DZ gets it out of its system(s).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You know, it takes a conceited person to think they have no flaws, and a normal person to not know of their flaws. But it takes an amazing person to recognize their flaws, and want to change them. Bravo. ;)

Wooooo-Hooooo! Fuck it all... I'm amazing! :P
...but seriously, thanks.

Moral of the story: If you don't like something change it through action... bitching about it only spreads the negative energy

Hi G - Nice words. Thanks for sharing.

(And a lesson from a first aid class I once had . . you can't help others until you've helped yourself.)

I think there is a big difference about talking about someone who doesn't happen to be present if you are just telling some story or if you are just being nasty.

Are we not supposed to ever tell true stories if it might not cast the person in the best light or might embarrass them when they aren't around. I do all kinds of dumb shit and I fully expect it to be repeated whether I'm present or not. And when I'm a shithead if someone shares that story - so what I was a twit. I will walk away from people who are just nasty and jealous and spreading crap but don't take all the fun out of sharing experiences because of the whole 'I can't say it because they aren't here rule'. I pretty much figure if I say something - I expect that it will be repeated - probably not only repeated but twisted and completely distorted by the time it gets back around. So I use the rule of thumb - would I say it in front of that person if they were here? whether it is something funny, nasty or nice. Or maybe I just like being in trouble anyways. I'd rather someone be honest with me than be nice any day. (NOT spitefully mean but honest.)

You got it right. When I say "a negative way" I mean just bitching and being petty or that like, not the true or funny stuff.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

complain too much lately. I worry too much about other people's actions, when I should really be focusing on my own actions-- those I actually have control over. I have been guilty of wasting too much energy on negativity

I'm extremely guilty of this.Complaining and whining about things yet not doing anything to change them and being VERY negative. At this point, I'm very unsatisfied with how my life is going and I'm struggling to find a way to change that.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Nah... Wendy's no fool... she may be prone to hugging dashboards, rolling down hills, hiding from people then realizing "Oh, crap, we might have hid too well..." but she's no fool. :P

(did that help your image at all, Wendy, or should I bring up the other stuff?)

I'm extremely guilty of this.Complaining and whining about things yet not doing anything to change them and being VERY negative. At this point, I'm very unsatisfied with how my life is going and I'm struggling to find a way to change that.

You know, Moody, i don't think it's so bad if friends get together and have a good old-fashioned bitchfest, but when we end up obsessing over the stuff, then too much of our time and energy is being wasted. We all need a good whinge now and again. It's ok to be down sometimes, too. I don't want life to be all fuzzy bunnies and fluffy clouds (well, maybe I will take those fluffy clouds), but I really just want more balance. I think it's a struggle for everyone at one point or another. For those that say it's not, well they are either full of shit, or they need to share that bottle of SoCo they have been swiggin off of. Life is made up of peaks and valleys, and as long as I have a few more peaks than valleys, I think I am doing ok.
The best part, though, is when we're not even analyzing our lives, but are merely living them.

Girl, you seemed pretty positive to me when I saw your the other day and even light headed when you removed your sweater;):P

Awww, shucks, Lou... I am pretty happy. I just don't want to be a complainer. That's all.

As for being light-headed, I was merely swooning from your awesome presence. ;)

As for being light-headed, I was merely swooning from your awesome presence.

You were thinking about the white surfer shorts again eh?:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hey Wendy I don't even know what this thread is about. Oh, am I complaining. Waller is my last name, my relatives are from the east coast Virginia, Florida. I do not think it is a common name. are we relaited?:$

You could possibly be related to my ex-husband. I kept the name but ditched him. I've seen your name in the system at sebastian or maybe it was xkeys or maybe both...

My ex-s name was Matthew and I know he had grandparents in Winter Garden, a brother in Daytona, relatives in Ohio, Texas, Virginia and the rest of them are in Massachusettes.

Sorry, for sidetracking the thread.

I worry too much about other people's actions, when I should really be focusing on my own actions-- those I actually have control over. I have been guilty of wasting too much energy on negativity, and this is something that ends now.

Amen to that!!! I've just taken on that approach myself. No sense in worrying about what others do, unless it directly affects you. But I'm a much happier person now. Or maybe it's just because I've decided to change my life to what I want it to be.

We're all in control of our own lives!!!
B|