wmw999

Toilet Seat Issue

OK, we've had the toilet seat debate raised a couple more times. Time for a poll, right?

I was brought up to think it was politeness, plain and simple -- the sign of a real boor to leave it up. Of course, being a girl, I found that advice to be comfortable.

The one thought that occurs to me is that in putting the seat down, I imagine I find it inadvertently wet a lot more often than guys find it inadvertently wet when they have to put it up :S

Wendy W.

edited to say: this is gender-neutral
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Since there is a 10-to-1 ratio of men-to-women in skydiving, the toilets at the dz are likely to be used by a man next. Therefore, it is a waste of time to put it down because the next guy has to pick it back up.

I propose that women at the dz should learn how to pick the seat up. :) This makes far more sense.

I imagine I find it inadvertently wet a lot more often than guys find it inadvertently wet when they have to put it up

Only at home. Women don't sit down on a public toilet, they hover, so they dampen it too. Guys at least have a chance at accuracy.

I was brought up to think it was politeness, plain and simple -- the sign of a real boor to leave it up. Of course, being a girl, I found that advice to be comfortable.

The one thought that occurs to me is that in putting the seat down, I imagine I find it inadvertently wet a lot more often than guys find it inadvertently wet when they have to put it up :S

Didn't vote because there's no vote for "left it as I found it". I was raised by that rule. If it was up when I got there, I left it up. If I had to raise, I put it back.

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

I lift it to pee and put it back down afterwards....is this correct ? ;)

Now she said this was a gender-neutral discussion. Since women don't lift it to pee, that can hardly be correct. ;)

Some women don't know how to lift it, even though I don't consider that rocket science. However, if it is rocket science, Wendy could do it better than I. :D

I put the seat and the lid down. Keeps the pets from drinking out of the bowl (which I think is icky). That way both genders have to lift and put down something. Also looks a bit nicer when the toilet isn't in use, imho

To me it seems like the fairest way to handle the situation.

I put the seat and the lid down. Keeps the pets from drinking out of the bowl (which I think is icky). That way both genders have to lift and put down something. Also looks a bit nicer when the toilet isn't in use, imho

To me it seems like the fairest way to handle the situation.

At home, that's what I do, too. At work, restaurants, etc, they're segregated by gender so the issue doesn't arise.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I've heard women bitch about putting the seat down, but they leave the lid up. This goes against the "it looks better argument". If they can't put the lid down, they shouldn't complain to us about the seat. I always put the seat and lid down when I'm a guest at someones home. I have a private bath at my home so I leave it anyway that I want.

never pull low......unless you are

Another note.. a friend of mine has a toilet seat that will NOT stay up. You have to hold the lid and seat up with your knee while you do your business, so that way when you're finished, it will always be put down :)

If someone invented a seat that closed automatically, many marriages could be saved.

never pull low......unless you are

You need one more option - I leave the seat as I found it.

Those of you who noticed are absolutely right. Ah well, now I have a new measure of politeness to aspire to B|

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Leave it UP!!!!.......I have been bitched at by every G/F I've ever had about this......."why wont you put the seat down?".....I always reply..."why wont you leave it up?"....to tell the truth...I'm lazy:P and I also love to hear the splash and the ensuing screams late at night;).

Note to the guys: The best way to get a unsuspecting "splash" is to remove the seat and put the lid down(dont expect sex for a few days).....but the seat down issue seems to fade after this practical jokeB|

You need one more option - I leave the seat as I found it.

If I'm visiting a house or place where it is mostly men and they leave the seat up - I put it back up.

And if women didn't hover we wouldn't have wet seats all the time.

I agree about leaving the seat as you found it, and most women are pigs in the bathroom! But, IMO, I never really understood getting on men's cases about toilet seats. Men and women both use the toilet, so why should the men be the only ones to adjust the seat? Leaving the seat/lid down is probably the fairest solution.
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

I hate this debate.

Women expect us to pick it up, then put it down, but they don't want to be expected to put it down, then lift it up? What happened to equality?

I much prefer a urinal. Prefereably one that's goes all the way to the floor, none of this half height stuff. And I like it to be full of ice, so that I can try to bore a hole all the way through. I've thought about putting one in my house... right next to the beer taps.

Lou

Poor Wendy. In my house the boys were raised at a very young age to wipe the seat off if it got wet, and to put the seat down when they are done. Someday their wives will thank me.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I much prefer a urinal. Prefereably one that's goes all the way to the floor, none of this half height stuff. And I like it to be full of ice, so that I can try to bore a hole all the way through. I've thought about putting one in my house... right next to the beer taps.

That is so inefficient. Just get an IV and a catheter and you won't have to worry about aim or being coordinated enough to use the tap. ;)

EASY...everyone in our house is female so the seats always stay down. Everyone sits, no hovering necessary because pretty much everyone has their own toilet.

I can always tell when a guy has been in downstairs though.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.