alanab

traveling 1st time with gear

what are your suggestions and tips as to traveling with my gear and rig? i have heard to carry it on with me... what else? do i need any special papers? forms? anything special to make sure those asses dont pop my reserve? im flying delta. please help!

There are a ton of threads on this, but Ill save you the time. I always carry mine on. Two times they haven't said anything at all, and one time at Denver airport they asked "do you have your little card on you." How cute...they let me through that time without looking in the bag at all, and of course my hook knife was in there. I wouldn't be too worried about taking it on board. From what I have heard the screeners, for the most part, are now well informed about the whole situation. Good luck.

.-.

Lots of good threads you can search but some advice I will pass to you and everyone else. Get an E ticket so you can check in at a kiosk and avoid the counter, it's super fast. Second, get a seat towards the rear of the aircraft. This allows you to get on pretty much first and means there will be plenty of overhead space available for you to safely stow your rig and gear with out a problem. Then the usual, have your log book /USPA card/TSA inspection letter from USPA site and so on. :)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

get a seat towards the rear of the aircraft. This allows you to get on pretty much first and means there will be plenty of overhead space available for you to safely stow your rig and gear with out a problem.

I flew on America West airlines recently and they now board people accoding to both rear vs. front and window vs. aisle (they largely let the aisle seats on last) So a window seat near the front is also likely to get on early.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Here is a quick question
is it possible that your cypress will activate when you are landing?

god i don't know any thing:|

No, the Cypres should be OFF and second, the cabin is pressurized.

Here is a quick question
is it possible that your cypress will activate when you are landing?

god i don't know any thing:|

I accidently left mine on a couple of weeks ago. Nothing happened.

I had plenty of issues with the TSA (the airline doesn't matter)....and I let Ed Scott know.

Bring the USPA letter, the TSA Letter, USPA membership card, Cypres card. Those combinded with my AOPA membership made life alot easier to get thru....the TSA didn't know if their own directive.

Now - anyone know where I can get the new xray Cypres card they handed out at Rantoul? I forgot to grab one.

The main reason to keep the CYPRES off is to conserve battery.

Cabin is pressurized to an equivalent of 7000-8000', and repressurized during decent. However, the rate of repressurization (is that a word?) is very slow.

If you have a "cypress", it's probably a little big for carryon, and I'm sure will incur excess baggage charges.;)

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.