Unstable

POST YOUR JUMPSHIP

I actually have the info on the shorts skyvan.....

First built: 1963
Capasity 19
Cruising speed 200mph
Range 690mi
Length 40.0ft
Wingspan 64.9 ft

Although adapted to commuter transport the skyvan's origional incarnation was a light freighter.
A rigged aircraft with good performance from short runways, and total of 150 had been built when production ceased in 1987.

So, there were 150 built between 1963-1987.

source: Guide to Airport Airplanes 2nd edition
by William and Frank Berk

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Actually- there are only two of these Otters. They came from the Norwegian military. They have a little flag holder outside the pilot door -the Norwegian flag was placed in it for ground ops when VIPs were on board. The owner still has the "first class" executive interior :D

One of them is at Jumptown (Orange, MA) the other is at Frontier Skydivers in Newfane, NY.
"If you're not on the centerline -you're out of control"

Dont cry over the caravan. Were taking good care of her!B|You'll get her back in may!

Oooooooooh. That is just plain EVIL! >:(

Our otter took off for Florida yesterday - our DZO decided to buy a second dropzone. Pbbbbbbbbbbt. Chhhhhhhhhhhhh. What-evah! :S:PB|

So, until I go visit the new Skydive SoBe in Pahokee, it's C182 jumps for me. B|

Actually- there are only two of these Otters. They came from the Norwegian military. They have a little flag holder outside the pilot door -the Norwegian flag was placed in it for ground ops when VIPs were on board. The owner still has the "first class" executive interior :D

One of them is at Jumptown (Orange, MA) the other is at Frontier Skydivers in Newfane, NY.

I knew they were from somewhere in Scandanavia!!

Blue Skies,
Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

I don't think it looks exactly like this, bbuuuuuuuuuuutttt, we will be getting one of These on the 6th or 7th of next month. SWEEET!!!!

Actually, all Beech 99's look just like that except for the pod on the bottom....which yours may or may not have....and some of the earlier models had a shorter nose..but the rest remains the same. It's been a long time since I've flown one of those, but IIRC the straight BE99, the A, and B models will make altitude in roughly 15 minutes with a max load(most of them carried around 3000-3500lbs max depending on the empty weight of the airplane), and the C model a couple minutes quicker(bigger engines) with another few hundred pounds. For some reason, I actually remember the MGTOW for them....A and B models 10,900lbs, C model 11,300lbs. In their original "airline" configuration, they had 15 passenger seats.

If it's got the cargo door conversion, the door will be approximately the same size as a Twotter....just watch the tail on exit.

Mike

If it's got the cargo door conversion, the door will be approximately the same size as a Twotter....just watch the tail on exit.

That can be quite a problem even without the cargo door - Hmmmm, i may want to watch an exit or two before i go rear float on that baby. :S
=========Shaun ==========

......:)157 KiloMike is @ Frontier........but they sometimes each split time @ both dz's....
see attachments from Niagara County New York

skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends

cool, no matter what dz ya go to let me know, i lve 3 miles from skydive ogden and 60 from skydive utah.. i live in south ogden myself........

Really??!??! We'll have to get together then! I'll be in town Feb & March - I'm looking forward to meeting you and the Skydivers out there! I've put some serious thought recently into transferring to Weber State, i was offered some good scholarship packages there and i guess i'll wait and play it out by ear. I'll shoot you a message when i head out!! :)
=========Shaun ==========