FreeDiver

When I am going to bounce

If you are interested in a guy who knows about this..... regarding 'going in'...

www.deadmike.com
Dead Mike

WATCH the video clip of him on the A&E special.
Get it on his site. It is extremely well worth the watch.

If you have low # jumps, Watch It.
If you have high # jumps, Watch It.

It will straighten your ass right out about landing.
Maybe save your ass too.

Watch this video, Watch this video, Watch this video

On August 3, 1997 around 5 PM at the World Freefall Convention in Quincy, Illinois, Michael B. Vederman, after a successful skydive, got into a parachute collision ... fell about 80 feet and struck the concrete runway almost horizontal, face down.

Mike survived (brain intact) and this is his webpage.
Dead Mike

~AirAnn~

I punched the brakes pretty hard last jump out, and high. Climbed to about 20' and started thinkin what the best way to hit was. Held my arms straight up above and behind me, leaned back a little and let my feet hit then I continued to lay back and slid on in and got a nasty piece of road rash on my left arm...

I'm takin a canopy class next.... fuck that shit..
some lady told me that was some scary shit to watch as well as another friend of mine....

got up and walked away no worse for the wear other than the desert floor was embedded into the flesh of my right arm...

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

I was at Quincy that year. Standing by the side of manifest getting a drink. Walked out front and was looking at the Otters lined up. Mike fell just behind the tail of one of the Otters. I looked away just before he hit, I've found that the image never goes away from your mind if you watch.

Personally, I know what day that I am going to die on. My birth certificate has an expiration date. ;)

That was one of the first skydiving sites i ever visited, before i had even got up in the air.

And just the other day i was recounting his tale about his kneecaps, and how onlookers thought it was the foam in his jumpsuit.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

It's not the speed you hit the water it's the body position at which you to, Cliff divers and stunt divers can hit the water at incredible speeds but their body position is such to where they basically slice right though the water then arch and slow down rapidly, as most of us remember from kids, we can belly flop off a diving board, hit the water at a speed that is no faster than a slow jog and get the ever living shit knocked out of you!

SMA#18

Word of advice, don't jump from 17metres naked. I did once, landed bad and, erm, got 'violated' by the water. Never been the same since. [:/]

I know a guy that got a nasty bowel infection from always swimming naked in his pool and getting 'violated' :S