countzero

drill dive day(s), input plz.

being as i'm a low timer and not a coach would i be violating any BSRs or anything by doing the following:

1- printing up a list of simple 2-way drill dives.

2- inviting all interested jumpers to come learn and have fun.

3- pairing up jumpers based on exit weight so they are closer in fall rate.

4- letting the pairs kind of jump master themselves and go at thier own pace jumping throughout the day.

5- having a group debrief at the end of the day. so the pairs can all learn from each others jumps.

thoughts? pointers?

thanks
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

As long as they all have A licenses, nope, you're not violating anything. If you can get an experienced jumper or two help you, it might make the debriefs go better, but, ya know, ya learn by doing, and it sounds like that's exactly what you're doing. I'm assuming that all of the jumpers are able to handle each others' skill levels (IOW, no groups consist of two people who will probably never see each other in freefall).

Good job.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think it sounds like a great idea. Like someone else said, if you can get some more experienced jumpers involved in the planning and debriefing phases I think you'll add even more value.

I would recommend a safety briefing at the beginning of the day, especially if you have jumpers visiting from other DZ's.

It might even be fun to mix up the pairs in the middle of the day if everything is going well.

I think it is awesome for you to do this. Rock on!

- Dan G

it would be for liscensed jumpers. and it would be open to any video people who want to get some filming practice in.

i was just thinking of a way i could have fun, low stress way to work on the basics, since i can't afford coaching or SDU. i came up with the idea of a day of drill dives and thought way not see if others would be interested.

thanks for the replies so far.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

5- having a group debrief at the end of the day. so the pairs can all learn from each others jumps.

Skill levels permitting... it might also be fun to do a group jump at the end of the day.

We had a 2-way scramble at our DZ year before last and it was really fun. But the most enjoyable part of the day was after the competition (I came in dead last, FWIW) when we did a 12 way.
Owned by Remi #?

I think what you are doing is a really great idea......may have to do something similar at our DZ this summer
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!