ltdiver

Jay Stokes!

The man is awesome!!! 534 jumps in 24 hrs!!!!!

He completed 534 but he did it through a night of light to heavy rain and one plane break down. Right now he is sitting in the snack shop at Elsinore like it was just another day. One hell of a man.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Go other pilot! Go other pilot!

I think I saw him in the credits of a movie once.

It was Sean, and he rocked! Including the Flyby at the end!

I was on the radio with Sean between about 3:30 am and 7:30 am, and I wouldn't wish that kind of flying on anyone.

Door open, pouring rain, 50 second climbs with a rollover and pullout to a dark dirt runway, iluminated by smoke pots, which you can't see through your rain spattered winshield, wheel brakes becoming more and more inefective as the 1 inch of standing water on the runway sprays up over your wings, watching for the crazy guy landing a parachute 10 feet off the runway, and the suport team that surounds him. Repeat.

Yeah sounds like a fun way to spend the last 4 hours of a 24 hour marathon!

Kudos to all involved!
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I for the life of me sould not imagine wanting to do somthing like this, but I understand how hard it would have been for him.:S
Congratulation Jay, that's a huge effort.:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

that's an amazing 24 hr marathon. kudos to jay and all the volunteers and sponsors who made it happen. So this was my extra credit on my 7th grade test today (kinda easy, but eh...):

As of 8:05 am this morning, a new world record was set in skydiving for the most jumps in 1 day (exactly 24 hours). Jay Stokes made a total of 534 jumps. How many jumps did he average per hour? How many per minute (round to the nearest tenth)?
And what was the average time taken to make 1 jump?

:)
peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

that's an amazing 24 hr marathon. kudos to jay and all the volunteers and sponsors who made it happen. So this was my extra credit on my 7th grade test today (kinda easy, but eh...):

As of 8:05 am this morning, a new world record was set in skydiving for the most jumps in 1 day (exactly 24 hours). Jay Stokes made a total of 534 jumps. How many jumps did he average per hour? How many per minute (round to the nearest tenth)?
And what was the average time taken to make 1 jump?

:)
peace
lew

Don't leave us hanging, what is the answer?:P
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

When hearing about this, I was thinking...hmm...what a clever way to get 500 free jumps. I went to dinner with a few people that jumpmastered and packed for him. You have no idea, unless you were there, how difficult logistically this was.The pilots and volunteers deserve a big part of the credit. It was friggin raining HARD all night last night. I forgot that he was doing it and when I heard tonight, I couldnt believe it. Think of the people that packed 535 WET parachutes, the pilots split-sing every 2 minutes pulling G's all night. Wow.
Folks, this is a tremendous achievement that involved a huge team. Im PayPal'ing $100 right now.

Mike

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/7252349.htm

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2003/11/13/news/californian/11_12_0323_24_21.txt

http://www.avweb.com/newswire/9_46b/onthefly/186073-1.html

He's definitely getting some press, too bad we can't say the same thing for the organizations he was actually doing the jumps for. On that front, AVWEb did mention them, but nothing I've seen so far on GMA or in the other two articles even vaguely mentions it. I'm not so sure that even Skydive Lake Elsinore got that much coverage out of it.

An interesting story, but a missed publicity opportunity for the others.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver