crapflinger2000

Attention Snowboarders

Me and my friends have been riding for about seventeen years and have been fortunate enough to have gotten alot of free stuff from alot of differant companys, so I've gotten access to a wide variety of gear. In my personal opinion as far as boots go you can't go wrong with either Burton or Salomon, reason being they've put tons of money into their R and D, I've found them both very comfortable and as supportive as I want, and customer service is very good. As far as models that all depends on what you want to do, if your more into freeriding you traditionally want a stiffer boot then if your a park rat. Bindings, Burton all the way, mission series or up is what I'd reccomend, again depends on what your doing. If your thinking step in their the way to go too, they have a new binding out that is pretty sweet from what I hear. In my opinion you can't go wrong with this stuff, check out their websites they're pretty helpful, if you have any more questions let me know.

my boot has a ratchet type fastener up front... at the ankle. the boot itself is a bit stiffer then the freeride boots i've tried/seen, but they get all of their strength from the binding so it's a trade off. The three different boots for the SI shown here say they are of different stiffnesses.
This may be a silly suggestion, but have you gotten out to your local snowboard shop to get your feet in them and hands on any of them yet? I know i didn't really like the idea of step-ins until i got to try them at the shop.

I like the fact that when you lean back there is still support... the old clickers always felt a little strange to me.
The snow hardly ever gets stuck in or around the bindings either. and when some does it seems to either not be a factor or come off on the process of getting off the lift.

Love my Ride bindings.

They were by far the most recommended here in CO by all my friends. The way they are laid out they can be installed on any board, and they feel A LOT sturdier than some of the other ones. Oh, and you also want to make sure the way to release them is easy, I just have to slap at my foot and they start unratcheting, I know a couple people that you have to do some fancy hand work to get them undone.

As for boots, go to the store and try them on, walk around the store in them for 20 min and see how they feel. I recommend ones with separate liners though, they are warmer and you can wash the liner when they get really stinking.

I have Salomon boots.
Fly it like you stole it!

No. Ultimately my coolness is entirely based on the fact that I own a BASE rig, regardless of actual use.

Seriously, I ain't done with the sport as far as I know. Once the cookie monster can convince Mrs. cookie monster to go up to greenie for the first time, I am gonna tag along and do my first slider up. Though my nads are clanking loudly just thinking about the steel... ugh.

Yeah, I am not sure why I have to wait for the cookie monster, but I guess anything that gives my neck a little breathing room and my nads a little time to grow, I will take advantage of.

I think I like the idea of not being the most scared individual on the object....

whatevah...

i like my flow bindings..

Ok sorry for my reply and I don't want to diss you, but EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW GAG YUCK CRAP!!!!!

Those have to be the worst i've tried in terms of bindings and they look like crap!!!! Did theyy even keep making those?

No offense dude!

Marz

I have Ride LX bindings on my old Gnu Pharoah and love them. They are light, incredibly strong, and have great hardware. My old Airwalk boots are definitely played out after five years of use (and lack thereof), so I am going to need to buy me a new set this season (if I make it to snow at all this year)

I never, ever buy "this years" stuff. I am all about buying last years model equipment at the beginning of the season from the NOS supply of the major catalog retailers. You can get INCREDIBLE deals from places like Mikes and Performance.

That said, I just had to buy those Ride bindings last time I was in Salt Lake City.

Chuck

Snowboarding is to winter/alpine sports as freeflying is to skydiving, complete with bad hair, ratty facial hair, tasteless clothing, and a general disregard for the traditions and etiquette of the sport.

Of course that isn't everybody. I do know at least one snowboarder who doesn't rape an entire slope of pristine powder in one descent, stop'n'flop and line up with his friends horizontally behind a blind curve or rise effectively blocking an entire run, or ride over other people's planks.

Why do snowboarders think they own every jump on the hill?

But what do I know...?

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

Why do snowboarders think they own every jump on the hill?

exactly how snowborders think sometimes!!!!!! each group has it's dumbasses and they are always very easy to see..... can't cound howmany times i've had my board run over from a skier.... and as for the siting at the curve of a blind turn, well tht's those peoples's dumbassness for doing it.... you'll always find me on the side of the run and in plain view... as for blocking a run, well i really don't like runs more than i would give my right nut for a good open mountain... i wnt to go bck to the one i rode in austria... ay open and lots of diffrent terain... oh and the powder, got to have powder!!!!!! i guess utah wll have to do for now... as the lisc. plates say here "best snow on earth"... even though i disagree......

Definately strap in bindings. I use Drake Matrix and I love them, but there are many others that are geat too. Reason I picked the Drakes is cuz they were the 2nd best model for 2 years and that I was able to snipe them for $110 on ebay :)
Just got Burton HAIL boots - my old 1996 Burtons just didn't do it for me, and my step in K2 Firebirds were just waaaaaaaaaaay too stiff... Haven't had a chance to try them yet, as in Ohio it's still marginally cold but NOT SNOW ! Will be in Jackson Hole, WY Christmas week, so I am sure I will do eerything to test them.

Only other suggestion - take a look at FLOWs - many people swear by them.

just my 2 shillings worth.