turtlespeed

Smokers, listen up . . .

I have quit smoking and started smoking, and quit smoking... so many times. I quit about 2 months ago, maybe had 3 cigs since then and hated them. Guess I need a reminder sometimes, haha. I never smoked too heavily except for when I was drinking on weekends. I am glad i'm now smoke free, just the smell of it bothers the hell out of me. I hugged my mother the other day and she reeked of cigarette smoke, ech! So, at this point, I wouldn't want to date a smoker. But, I can't vote because I can not say with certainty that i'll never smoke again due to my track record. My motivation for quitting this time was i'm dating someone who doesn't like it. I now understand why.

Oh, and I also had a hard time on car trips. Chewing gum helped a lot for me.

Angela.

I'm a non-smoker and I've never smoked before. I didn't grow up with people who smoked and it was never allowed in our house or our cars. However, as I've gotten older, I have gotten used to being around smokers. The only time the smoke has bothered me was when I was having bad allergies and if it bothered me, I would always move away until they were done. I never made a big deal out of it. I have only kissed one person who has smoked and I have to say it wasn't the most pleasant experience. Hopefully, I won't do that again but you never know what could happen. Smokers don't bother me at all, but I'd rather not date one due to the fact that I don't like licking ashtrays.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I would have to say that... once upon a time I smoked.. The military was VERY enabling... the old smoke em if you got em syndrome. I had a unique way of quitting.. by running out in a situation that it was impossible to get anymore for a week.

When I see someone really hot looking... and then I see a ciggiebutt in their hand or smell them.....they get UGLY real fast.. at least from an attraction standpoint.. and first impressions are very hard to break. Kissing a smoker... NOPE NO WAY NO HOW.
I have friends who smoke... I stay upwind. When I hike in the mountains I can smell someone smoking upwind from me for several hundred yards or even farther depending on wind currents...it really does smell that bad.
My sense of smell returned to me after smoking to the point that when hunting in the fall I can smell animals in the woods. Food tastes so wonderfully flavorful not like the dead taste of everything when I smoked. I also found my health was improved.. and hopefully my skin has remained in far better shape than some of the people who you see who have smoked for many years. Point is.. if you smoke that is your decision, but it is also my decision to keep you downwind from me so I do not need to inhale your smoke or the smell of the nicotine on every fiber you wear.... and exude from every pore.

YUCKA PUCKA

Jeanne

One thing i've never understood is when people say it smells digusting. I quit for 2 years and never have a problem with it whatsoever. Is the smoke from a cigarette so dissimilar to that of a bonfire say? How many people stand round a campfire and say it smells disgusting?

You ought to smell my friends car, now that's something to moan about, he spilt milk on the floor about 2 weeks ago and my god does it stink like sick!!:(

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Ya know.....It's sad to say but I'm more used to cigarette smoke than I am to bonfire smoke. I've been sitting around bonfires before where my eyes and throat just sting and hurt so bad, but when I'm around cigarette smoke, it's not like that at all. But I'm sure that's also because most people don't sit there and blow the smoke directly in your face whereas at a bonfire the smoke is almost always coming directly at you.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

For whatever reason I think that wood smoke just does not have the chemicals(flavoring), the tobacco itself and the nicotine component. Some pipe tobacco's almost are pleasing to smell. But then there is also the smell of the nicotine that comes out thru the pores and gets into the clothing.. adds up to an odor and a smell I avoid.

My motivation for quitting this time was i'm dating someone who doesn't like it.***

Hey y'all,
I'm not a big fan of melodrama, but I have some real motivation for you. It goes way beyond kissing and smelling bad.

I buried my father six days ago. He was a great guy, and he had lung cancer. It totally destroyed him. Total, complete destruction.....and it took a long time to kill him. It is a horrid thing watching someone you love die like that, and it was completely his fault. He never tried to pass the buck or make the tobacco companies the guilty ones. It was his choice to smoke, and his burden of guilt was enormous. But I gotta tell you, that offered absolutely no solace when I was holding my Dad's hand while he drew his last breath and I felt his pulse fade away. Yep, it sucked. Yep, giving his eulogy sucked. Yep, smoking really does suck.

I've smoked for a few years, two or three a day, mainly just as a study break...

I don't smoke (at all) during the summer when I'm working and I'm not in school...

I don't smoke when I go home on breaks...

Sometimes I'll smoke in my car if I'm alone and the trip takes more than a couple hours...

I go outside my own apartment to have a cigarette...

I generally don't smoke in public places...

It's getting dropped like a hat when I graduate.

You don't want to kiss me or date me, that's YOUR problem :P

Shut up all you wieners, you are just frustrated because all the handsome and beutiful smokers wont date anti-smoke bitchers like you....:o

---
Feeding the trolls, one at a time!
---

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No probs kissing smokers, I quite like it !, Stopped smoking over a year ago using Allen Carr easyway, no problem.

Interesting side affects of stopping smoking, increase in speed (protrak max @ 175mph flat !! ) and I don't need to downsize canopy just increasing weight hence wingload B|

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

Why do you think i'm quitting? :P
------------------------------------------------------------
Badger #2
Same here.... only been 3 days and REALLY wanted a smoke last night after a few beers but my mate wouldn't let me :)

It's been 18 hours since my last cigarette. :S I really want to stop now. I've tried plenty of times and managed to give up for months at a time, but always end up starting again. Wish me luck!

not jumping sux

LUCK! LOL

it takes a while and a few tries to figure out exactly what works for ya...

I tried quitting since I started. I would go a few months here and there etc...but once I fiannly had all the info about MY particular trigger pooints I was able to identify and ignore it. when I wanted another smoke:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Smoking is the foulest, most anti-social habit there is!

Hmmm, how is smoking anti-social exactly? I find that going for a smoke break at work is very social. Even when I quit for 2 years there was no way I viewed it as anti-social. Seriously, there are much worse habits than smoking.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

oh my god, the alcohol! this really is hardest part at all. the best is, not to stop smoking and stop having your drink, whatever it might be. enjoy your wine, beer ... but do it slowly! avoid drinking too quick, this will soak your resistance ..

stay strong! resist! your body, skin (and the men running after you!) will be the best proof! you did the right thing! simply resist! from day to day, it will become easier, just wait....

hey, how many did you smoke today! to be honest...?

dudeist skydiver # 3105

oh my god, the alcohol! this really is hardest part at all. the best is, not to stop smoking and stop having your drink, whatever it might be. enjoy your wine, beer ... but do it slowly! avoid drinking too quick, this will soak your resistance ..

stay strong! resist! your body, skin (and the men running after you!) will be the best proof! you did the right thing! simply resist! from day to day, it will become easier, just wait....

hey, how many did you smoke today! to be honest...?

(and the men running after you!)

Is this because I quit? Why are they after me? What did I do?

And I have been smoke free since 2:30am December 2, 2003
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ok, you are smoke free! what a great deal! now it's 12.00 pm (i guess) on dec 3, and yu do not smoke!!
or do you? after night's just over?

much more men will run after you because you are the best looking girl around, you know? clear face, bright eyes, wonderful odour...! this is reason why! (or: will be the reason why??)

check it out..

dudeist skydiver # 3105

much more men will run after you because you are the best looking girl around, you know???

Sweetie, what HAVE you been up to - you look FABULOUS! And that shade of lipstick is purrrfect for you!!!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?