turtlespeed

Smokers, listen up . . .

It's been two months and 22 days since my last cigarette. Woo hoo!!

Is it hard to find something to do with your hands (seriously).

Seriously, no it's not. ;)

I mess with my hair more, and fidget a bit, but it's not an issue.

What do you do with all the extra time? (Since we used to have to walk outside to smoke)

I never took smoke breaks at work, so I don't feel like I have all this time - when I would normally go outside, I just keep doing what I'm doing. Now, I don't miss a single part of the movie, or conversation.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I quit about 2 1/2 years ago with the patch and lots of gum. My biggets problem was while driving (50 miles to work each way) and I just had to get over it.
I also quit drinking coffee, pop and other things that I knew would make me want to smoke. As for your new free time just play it by ear. Think of new things to do in the air or what ever comes to mind.

"If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive."
Josh Whipple 7/15/70-2/10/05

That's easy. just do it again.

Seriously though you just have to remember that the craving WILL GO AWAY. You need to think happy thoughts for a few minutes and next thing you know it's gone. I wont lie, I still get cravings, but it does get easier with time.

"If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive."
Josh Whipple 7/15/70-2/10/05

I don't miss a single part of the movie

Neither do I, I pause it.;)

:P smartypants. That doesn't work too well when three other non-smokers are happily watching HBO, now does it?

Turtle, after dinner, have sex. After sex, have more sex... duh! ;)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I don't miss a single part of the movie

Neither do I, I pause it.;)

:P smartypants. That doesn't work too well when three other non-smokers are happily watching HBO, now does it?

I'm not quite clear on the subject here, can you give me a demonstration?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

do not give up! be proud about yourself, your hands will find something new to do instead of holding a shit burning cigarette...needs time, will come anyhow!

watch your face in the mirror: isn't the skin looking much better than before?

do not give up! you already passed the hardest part of beeing a new non-smoker! try to avoid "smoking" situations, such as bar, meeting friends for coffee, do it for a certain time... (i used to go to bed instead of being with my family, meeting friends. just close the door..)

suddenly you will discover: you do not need to smoke your pen! the pen in your fingers is no cigarette...be proud, be strong, sometimes nights are very hard, i was unable to have good nights with minimum 5 to 6 hrs of sleep.. waking up completely wet. but this depends. i was smoking for 15 years.

today, i am really happy this bad smelling period of my live is over.... and my mirror is telling: lady, you left the age of 20th behind you, but your skin: congrats!

and the smell of a smoking girl! ugly...for puke..

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Amazing sometimes how "former" smokers are the biggest" Smoke Nazi's". When they start up again (notice I didn't say if they start up again:P ) it is real funny to see them ummm and ahhh and try to back peddle from their former rethoric.

That Being said it sucks to kiss a smoker when you arn't smoking (stopping is easy done it a 1000 times )B| But if ya do smoke ya never notice it

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I really need to quit.. I know that I am not physically addicted cuz I can go a while without smoking, but then I get the idea in my mind and have to have one... I jsut need to chalk it up and stop....just shows that my willpower is not as strong as I sometimes like to think

-yoshi

Try and resist, it will only make it easier in the long run. My Dad likes to sit in the smoking section at dinner so he can "get a taste of it" without the guilt afterwards. Maybe this will help cut down on the cravings, then again...it might make them worse.

**try at your own risk**
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I'm not quite clear on the subject here, can you give me a demonstration?

You need instructions?? Honey, if you're not clear on this by now, you've got bigger problems than needing to quit smoking!:D

It's just when people go out of there way to openly show their 'disgust' that gets to me. What I choose to do is my business, nobody elses.

I couldnt agree more.
there something "weasely" about those ppl.
if they really want you to stop they should ASK. and If you say no they should MOVE. you have every right to inhale any kinda crap into your lungs. LOL
( that was my stand from when I was a smoker. and it is STILL my stand today.)
I was considerate when I smoked but those whiny little bastards can go fuck themselves:ph34r: epsecially NOW since they cram all you smokers into a small box. its easy enough to avoid if you ( a non smoker) wants to. stop being a baby and go sit in the NON smokin section lol:P
My photos

My Videos

How about just a few personal instruction sessions?

Like I said, if you need instructions...

Besides, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend would have a few objections... :S (I am flattered, though. :)
Have you thought about finding a friend to quit smoking with you? Competition is usually a pretty good motivator.

AMEN!!

If someone comes upto me and starts moaning it just makes me want to stub it out in their eyes. Give em a real reason to moan, ya know.

"You smokers make me feel sic ....OWWWWWWWWWWWWW MY EYE!"

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Yer, more than likely, but that's the way I am.

But honestly though, if someone goes out of their way to force their opinon on me, seriously believing that i'm going to give a shit about what they have to say then they are sadly mistaken.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Yer, more than likely, but that's the way I am.

But honestly though, if someone goes out of their way to force their opinon on me, seriously believing that i'm going to give a shit about what they have to say then they are sadly mistaken.

Uh huh, and yet you read Talk Back.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun