gus

How was 2003 for you?

Well, you asked....... 2003 has been, without a shadow of a doubt, the absolute worst of my 41 years. In the past 9 months I have: gotten a divorce(hidden blessing), moved from a great house in a great state to a 1 bedroom penthouse apartment in a huge city in a different state, and last month, I lost the only father I will ever have. Oh, and I only made about 35 skydives. Yep, it sucked in a big way. I just kept reminding myself of a Winston Churchill quote, "If you find yourself in Hell, keep going".

The upside is this: It can only get better. I have a great family, and great friends, I have a good job, and I make good money, my future is unlimited, and being single when I'm 41 is actually turning out to be more fun than when I was in my twenties. Oh, and I'm gonna make a shitload of skydives next year! Sorry bout the bummer post.

probably the worst fucking year of my entire fucking life. thanks for asking.

With the exception of skydiving, being done with school, a few new close friends, and a job thats not too bad, I'd have to agree with that. I had about five years worth of emotional stress this year.
Ok now I'm depressed... [:/]

I guess all in all it hasn't been too bad. Lots of laughter and a few tears. I've loved and lost, but have managed to learn from those experiences. I haven't jumped as much as I would like to, but the jumps I've made have been awesome and keep me hungry for more.

I have my health, a supportive family and friends. I consider myself very fortunate to be where I am today.:)
Yes....it's been a good year!:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

I previously answered some good and some bad. I want to add that I learned more from the bad than I did from the good.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Amen to that, my friend!:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

theyre some pretty good exceptions! Id be happy with just those :) Chin up hun, think about how much WORSE it could have been....[:/]:P Bx
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

I had to vote good....although the results have really been "mixed." Started the year out by quiting my job. I couldn't take sitting in an office and staring at a computer screen for another day. So...I decided to work for myself. I was a small business owner for 3 WHOLE weeks. Then got an offer to go back to work for Uncle Sugar. I did and I'm now making more money than I EVER have in my life. The bad part......I have only made maybe 80 or so jumps the ENTIRE year. This job is WAY cool but it sure interferes with my skydiving.

well the peaks and valleys have never been so far apart.

what i mean is:

when it was bad it was VERY FUKN bad
when it was good it was damn near contagious!

soME how life goes on and I was able to keep a smile with my for most of it.

all and all life is good!:D

EDIT TO ADD ME to the word some
My photos

My Videos

I voted good. The bad parts were pretty low, but then, this year pain has just tended to remind me that I'm human and I'm alive, both of which I'm pretty happy with.

The highs--getting paid for work that I love. Teaching a self-defense and empowerment class to a group of teenage girls whose families live in one-room shacks and watching them start to dream of deserving a better life. Having unparalleled adventures in places most people will never see. Being in love. Jumping out of airplanes. Landing in one piece.

The big toughie--In June I lost my absolute best girlfriend in the city I call home for now (Joburg). :( She didn't survive her 69th skydive, and being at the scene was one of the most intense things I have ever experienced. But, after all the anger and the crying, I really feel like it was her time to move on and she's somewhere smiling--and like she would kick my ass and remind me of all the amazing stuff of 2003 if I didn't vote "good" :)
She would say, "There are two kinds of women in this world. Princesses wait around for someone else to make life interesting. You're a Queen; you can do that for yourself."

Big blue skies for 2004!

-T
It's the Year of the Dragon.

I would have to say that my year started off with my bf leaving me under not so great circumstances (very similar to your start of the year Gus). I was left with a boat load of stress and many medical bills to pay. :(IT WAS STINKY:(. It was just plain ugly, no other words describe it better. The summer was kick ass but the rest of the year sucked big monkey balls.

:)). Got your riggers tix and coach ratings. I am sure there are more that I am forgetting but hey, it's early.

I also met a really incredible guy out at SGC too. He flew the plane when I jumped out, we shared many bottle of merlot and cab. sov. Not to mention those Vanilla Cokes that got everything kicked off between us. **;)NOTE TO GIRLS: Boyz are eazy when they are drunk, if you want him, you know what you gotta do:P** Thanks for making my summer one I will never forget. :$I just hope he sticks with me so we have many more fun summers like the one we experienced.:$

To make sure the year ends better than it started, I'm heading down to FL to get some warm weather jumps in. I'm in Ohio so the rest of the season is crap here:( I can't take the cold anymore:(

I'll be traveling to Collegiates with some of the guys from AirOhio that run the OSU skydiving club! I can't wait, it is going to be one fun 12 hour drive:)
I am counting on New Year's making up for the lousy beginning of the year too. Hopefully my bf will be there to share in the event but I'm betting something comes up and he can't make it--he's a crazy pilot so his work schedule is less than what you would call normal. So if the bf is no where to be found...I'll be forced to party with all these hot college guys and girls and have a wonderful time. :P All I need is someone for that midnight kiss if my bf bails?!?!?! Any takers?:P I would prefer my bf but beggars can't be choosers..I can't miss out on that New Year's tradition two years in a row:(

:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Cool to see so many people had rockin' years!

Let's see...
Work - My job is awesome. Love my job, I work with great people, and I got a raise.:)
Home - Pretty good. Have a new house that will be great when I finish with it, in a beautiful area close to the airport. My hubby and I have a wonderful marriage that gets better and better.

Skydiving - SWEET! My goal was 100 jumps this year, and I surpassed that. I learned more than I ever expected to, and have beaten the personal guilt trip that haunted me at first for spending so much money/time on skydiving.

All in all, a great year overshadowed at the end by the woes of starting a small business of my own.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I said good but it really was mixed blessings.

1.) I started a co-op and have been asked to stay for another quarter so good money coming in for a few more months.

2.) (Should be 1) That co-op paid for my AFF progression, my A-lisence, my rig, suit, helmet, and alti (the last three only if my great and wonderful wife got them for me for Christmas.)

3.) I have not been sick all year which makes it the first year in Ohio (been here 4 now) that I have not been!

4.) Got a bigger house.

Now the other side

1.) Car just sucked up 1900 dollars to fix it.

2.) Oldest daughter turned 16 and is now learning to drive:(. Look out Ohio!

3.) Because of car breaking down I could not afford to go to Lakes Wales for Collegiates now.

But all things considered this has been a good year and I look forward to another like it in 2004.

God Bless you all. Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

well.. its probably been the worst year of my life as a whole, but the plus is that i finally got into skydiving, and i'm so much better of a person now. skydiving has changed me alot, its nice to know there's somewhere i can always go to escape all my worries and just go. :D

umm.. Love. what love. no such thing. 'nuff said.

Work: probably the best job i ever had, got paid for doing hardly anything and my coworkers and bosses were AWESOME

Family: sucked. me and the parentals have been at each others throats all year long, its been a long rocky road, needless to say.

All in all, i guess i cant really complain, i was healthy all year, didnt get hurt at all, and i'm still breathing so *shrugs* 2004 better kick some ass is all i know. B|

My life in 2003 has been pretty darn good! I graduated from school and got so many job offers I had to decide where I wanted to go. Enjoyed the job, boss was an arse-hole-amea....but hey what can ya do!?:PFound unconscious on my floor, rushed to the ER, put in for surgery....received nothing but grief from the boss, but hey. I worked the whole summer and then moved to Atlanta for the winter to work at a course down here. Great job, great boss, great co-workers.....but not something i could see myself doing for an extended period of time. Started skydiving, love it, met some incredible people through it. Its been a year or firsts from skydiving to other things......and I am in Love.

Wrap up: 2003 0wn3d all!!!

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Started skydiving, love it, met some incredible people through it. Its been a year or firsts from skydiving to other things......and I am in Love.

BEER!B|

My 2003 has been full of transitions, all for the better. New awesome job, awesome boss and great coworkers and less travel! I'm also so grateful that I discovered skydiving..it's changed my life for the better! I've never been so happy and positive about life until now..I feel like I have a new lease on life. Used to be materialistic and thought those "things" made me happy and they didn't. Now I appreciate the simplest things in life. I thought that being a workaholic would "pay off" and it didn't..I've discovered balance and that doing what makes me happy isn't such a bad thing afterall.:)