Blahr

Dream cutaway

Had my first cutaway last night. In my dreams :-)

I opened to a line over that began to spin.
I initiated emergency procedures well above my hard deck. Pulled my cutaway and went for my reserve ripcord but my Skyhook RSL beat me to it.
Pulled that silver handle anyway B|

I was in the saddle of my nice red PD reserve at just under 2000 ft!

This may have been the most realistic dream I ever had. Hopefully if/when the RL situation arises I will react just as quickly and have similar results!

I woke up feeling good about my performance B|

I've had a dream where I had a total double mal and burned in. I didn't die though. In my dream after it happened I didn't wake up and then all of a sudden it was a little while later and people were asking me if I was alright. Yes, it was a wierd...

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

me too I've had dreams where I smack in, and get aup and say F*&(k it that wasn't suposed to happen. Then I get up andtry doing it properly again:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I usually have double mals in my dreams and just land without any canopies... like I jumped off the tailgate of a truck. Then I always think to myself 'Ah crap, my DZO is going to be soooooo pissed' :S

Ha ha! Me too!

I'll have a mal, cutaway, then go to reserve, only it won't open and I'll either get it out just in time to flare and land, or I'll bounce, get up, and dust off, checking that no one saw me...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I opened to a line over that began to spin.
I initiated emergency procedures well above my hard deck. Pulled my cutaway and went for my reserve ripcord but my Skyhook RSL beat me to it.
Pulled that silver handle anyway B|

I was in the saddle of my nice red PD reserve at just under 2000 ft!

This may have been the most realistic dream I ever had. Hopefully if/when the RL situation arises I will react just as quickly and have similar results!

I woke up feeling good about my performance B|

That is a real coincidence because I had a dream that I congratulated you on doing a great job.
Also in my dream you bought a case of beer for the 1st cutaway. Let's all get together and dream that we drink it tonite.

Dave

I also dreamt recently, just after my 2nd wingsuit jump on which I had a delay on opening...
so in my dream the delay is real long, so I cutaway, pull the silver one, takes real long to open, sniveling sniveling, and fully deploys just after I shake it a bit and grab my toggles to flare it nicely... Was a really hot one.
Hope the day I really live it, it'll open slightly quicker (at least enough time to do my front riser turn :P)
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

I had something similiar happen. In my dream, the slider wouldn't come down at all. I tried everything, had to cut away, and I remember I was so mad that I accidently dropped my cutaway handle. I landed my reserve on the edge of some water, was mad, because the reserve got damp, so it couldn't be repacked right away, but someone who was watching found my handle in the edge of the water. That was a really weird dream. I woke up in the morning, wondering if it really happened or not. Thought i was the only one that happened too:S
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

You know, two nights ago, (When my fever was at it's highest) I had a dream that I went to pull and my hackey was missing. I could not find it.

I tried to find it 3 times and said screw it and went for the reserve. (I tried three cause I was doing a 13000 H&P) Hey it was a dream ok? Anyway . . .

I went for my reserve handle and it was not there. I did my check of threes on the plane and everything was there. So now I am in a pnaic trying to reach behind me to pull anything out and the ground was coming closer and closer and I remember feeling the top leaves of a tree and then I woke up sweating like a horse. Took me quite a while to get back to sleep.[:/]

I usually have double mals in my dreams and just land without any canopies... like I jumped off the tailgate of a truck. Then I always think to myself 'Ah crap, my DZO is going to be soooooo pissed' :S

Ha ha! Me too!

I'll have a mal, cutaway, then go to reserve, only it won't open and I'll either get it out just in time to flare and land, or I'll bounce, get up, and dust off, checking that no one saw me...

Exactly the same here!! including the looking round to check no one saw me!!:D
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies