freeflydrew

Eloy Jump Days & Numbers?

8 days, 4 days of jumping, 12 jumps total.

High jump numbers wern't really important to me, I can jump anytime I want in FL. I just went to have fun and experience new things. I wouldn't trade my side trips to the Grand Canyon or rock climbing for nuthin'. Mission accomplished for my goals for the week.

Memorable jumps:

Balloon jump (video by freeflyguy is floating around here somewhere)
7-way Moderator jump with pics by Mike McGowan
Dz.com 7-way Fallopian Tube (chicks rock!)
Coach jump with Greg Gasson
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

made 14 jumps 26th-2nd not jumping on the 26th and the 1st due to getting dangerously fucked up the night before.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Three days in Eloy. Two days for jumping, got ten jumps. One day rock climbing with a great bunch of friends. I like Andrea, just wanted a vaction get away from life for a bit. It's back to work for me on Monday.:S
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Cant answer just yet...i'm still in eloy and it's gorgeous today. I just got down from an awesome freefly jump and as soon as Lolie gets down, i'll be going up again. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

6 days, 3 jumping days....2 trips into Phoenix, trips to the Grand Canyon and Sedona.

Got to meet about 30 more dot.commers, but missed probably 60 others.....and they were all even cooler in person than they are on-line (with the exeption of skreamer). :P

2 balloon jumps....1 with Wingnut and Rosa. Dave got some great exit video, but luckily wasn't close enough to film my landing. :$ When he walked up to help me get my canopy out of the tall bush it was knotted up in, he pointed to this massive trench in the desert hardpan, started laughing, and said "Did you do THAT??!!?" :)
6 coach jumps with Eliana of Airspeed, Katie, and Prephect...simply incredible. Eliana is a fantastic teacher, and I couldn't have asked for better flying partners. Thank you both for wearing 20 pounds of lead to keep up with my fat ass. :S

And jfields and I got together on 2 different jumps to create "Betsy's Personal, Portable, Aerial Jungle Gym"...we basically went out flat, she then grabbed our chest straps and proceeded to fly all around, under, and over us.....it was awesome to see, and I had a front row seat. B|

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

6 days of jumping, 42 skydives... not too shaby...

Made a whole bunch of tracking dives (wuz up CanuckinUSA! Watch out for your slot!!! hehehe), but I did not get to jump on New Year's Eve.... was taken out by some bad sushi from the toltec cafe.

Yeah, Eloy just keeps on rocking.

:)
T

2 balloon jumps....1 with Wingnut and Rosa.

Good Lord, that was perhaps the most embarrassing jump that I've ever done. I was sooo scared getting up on the basket's edge for some reason. I must get rid of the video evidence... :ph34r: :$

6 coach jumps with Eliana of Airspeed, Katie, and Prephect...simply incredible. Eliana is a fantastic teacher...

What day did you all jump with Eliana? Doesn't she rock!?! I just realized that I never jumped with her in Eloy at all. I will next time, of course. Obviously, I flew with her in the tunnel and can vouch for her being an amazing instructor! B| Her flying is perfection...

And jfields and I got together on 2 different jumps to create "Betsy's Personal, Portable, Aerial Jungle Gym"...we basically went out flat, she then grabbed our chest straps and proceeded to fly all around, under, and over us.....it was awesome to see, and I had a front row seat.

No, dude, you were on stage, I am the one who had a front-row seat. That video alone is worth the price of the DZ.DVD. The pixie flew both of you like a cheap kite. Hell, a FREE kite! Once Bets decides which pictures she wants to publish, I can start laying out the photographic proof. B|

PLF, I have a funnel to hybrid before and after picture that only the pixie could have saved.

3 days of jumping and 17 jumps. Craig is the Bomb plus I got to do some fun stuff with Travis. Balloon jump got rained out. >:( Still didn't get to do my birdman jump but I'm going to hold you to taking me out one day soon Scott...when it warms up!

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

What day did you all jump with Eliana? Doesn't she rock!?!

All day Saturday....I was so pumped up I didn't realize until sunset that I hadn't had breakfast OR lunch. She is something else......just the fact she could keep me in the formation all day speaks volumes about her coaching ability.

No, dude, you were on stage, I am the one who had a front-row seat. That video alone is worth the price of the DZ.DVD. The pixie flew both of you like a cheap kite. Hell, a FREE kite! Once Bets decides which pictures she wants to publish, I can start laying out the photographic proof.

PLF, I have a funnel to hybrid before and after picture that only the pixie could have saved.

I don't doubt that for a moment. Betsy is a flyer par excellence....it was a blast jumping with her. I told her afterwards that was the best way I could think of to end a year of jumping. She was definitely moving me and Justin around like pawns on a chessboard. :)on stage.....I was only a plank in the stage that Bets performed upon. B|

And Duece.....I thought both you and Iwan did a terrific job with the video all week.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Craig is the Bomb

Airspeed Craig? YES! He is the Bomb! I never even saw him or you, Lisa when I was there. It must have been before I arrived. Damn!

I jumped with 3 Airspeed guys...Mike, Todd and Dennis. I was supposed to jump with Kirk, who flew in on Friday, but I didn't see him the next day. I was too intimidated to ask any some people to jump with me for the first couple of days for some silly reason. :S

Plfking~ Oh, I see. I wasn't even at the DZ that Saturday the 27th. I began to jump on Tuesday the 30th.

My final jump was a cool six-way which then was leading to another larger jump that I was asked on as well, but then I had to stop jumping (CRAZY winds) and leave! DAMN! I will NOT be so intimidated next time! Argh! It was my own fault that I missed out on some nice jumps! (My own insecurities are to blame.)

I think that I jumped 4 days and had 14 jumps. Two days were ok (4 and 5 jumps), and 2 days sucked due to weather. It is so disappointing not getting full altitude. One of my jumps was a tracking dives at just over 7000 or maybe 7500? :ph34r: :S Blueshrew (to my right) and Monkeylip (just above me and TJ) were on it as well. It was still fun and my 4th or 5th? tracking dive ever! YAY!

Anyway, I really enjoyed my four-ways. They were all new experiences with new people every time! All were videoed. One right after the women's Fallopian Tube was not some people's best, but still fun. My six-way was not videoed, but I will remember it, for sure!

Andi (Bikerbabe) rocked on everything that I jumped with her on! Thank you, Andi! Gawain, thank you for my first jump in Eloy. You don't know this, but I was nervous because I hadn't jumped maybe more than 4 jumps since I had a really terrifying hard cutaway a few months ago. I had tried to cutaway 5 times...spinning...no hard housings...finally used all my strength to cutaway...was under reserve at 1200. It scared me silly. Anyway, after our jump, Max, I was so happy, relaxed and ready for more!

DaGimp, thank you sooooo much for videoing so many of my jumps. All five on Friday...wow! Your footage was just beautiful...seriously. You sooooo ROCK!!!! Of course, so did Iwan and Duece on all theirs! (JP was hanging forever while the MONSTER tube set-up, too! LOL!) Greg G....well, he is an obviously absolutely amazing man!

Special thanks to Sangiro and to Betsey for the wonderful job that they did. Betsey is so classy and graceful. She even let me see her flawless Nationals video and gave me tips on landings.

Yes, that was me that had ONE horrible landing smack in the middle of the landing area. Of course, EVERYONE saw it!!!! The REALLY SCARY ONE!!! I know what I did wrong. I DID NOT FLARE!!! It was totally stupid, but obviously I landed nicely on my other jumps or you all would have seen a dirty jumpsuit. My jumpsuit is black, and desert shows up REAL well on black.

Of course, my last landing with the horrible gusts of wind that shot me out sideways as I was just coming straight down was a freak wind/gust/turbulence exception. Underloading your canopy at .8 with your weight belt is not recommended people! I was told that a sideways gust of wind shot me out and threw me 6 ft. to my left as I was coming straight down on a nice flare. Then, I was dragged by my reinflated canopy, no matter what I was doing to collapse my canopy. I finally lay on top of it. Then, I began to cry. :$ (My weight belt and hip ring had slammed my hipbone real well.) Everyone stopped jumping, anyway, due to the winds and weather (not going to altitude, again!)

Everyone lucky enough to still be there...have a wonderful time! I had so much fun. I miss you all, and I can't wait for the next boogie that I can afford. :)

well i was there for 9 days....made 40+ jumps....havent looked at my protrack yet.

Geeked the camera i dont know how many times.....cant wait to see if any of my pics make it to parachuitist.

But i flew video almost every jump, sorry i didnt jump with you all but i think i jusmped with most.

New monkeys were hatted, more friends were made, old friends were seen again, and another boogie was sad and hard to leave. I thank you all for your friendship and the fun. Im also glad that soe of you found me to be not as bad as you thought.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

3 jumping days, 11 jumps. Mostly bird-man although got in a 31- way tracking with Omar out of two planes ( nice) and the 10- way all DZ.com (non fallopian) free fly tube sit jump that D' gimp failed to capture but hopefully Deuce did. We forgive ya Jake!

Nice visuals out there. Some smily faces on big way wingsuit sunset flocks ( wingnut, post it!). I need to see the vids. I hope somebody provides!

I must get rid of the video evidence

hehehehe nd how would you do that since i'm the one that took it and have it.... i know you arn't coming to utah, you'd ave to be crazy to venture into this state....lol......