Marz

HOLY SH*T it's cold here!!!!

Minus 37 celsius here today (equivalent to minus 34.6 fahrenheit). Whoever thought that settling in this country was a good idea was an idiot!!!!

How cold is it where you live? Florida, Arizona and Cali need not reply!!!!!! ;)

Marz

Sympathize with you - the windchill puts it about -10 F here.

Not a good day - got rear ended up a coworker and it didn't total my piece of crap car... as a matter of fact her Buick needs a new front end and my car doesn't have a scratch... >:(

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

I walked out for work this morning, not realizing that a cold front had come through overnite. 34 degrees farenheit? That is warm here at this time of year! I would guess that it is about 20 here right now, pus the wind chill makes it feel about 5 degrees. Not fun at all!! I'm going to Florida in a few weeks- saw highs in the seventies there and I CANNOT WAIT!!

BTW- anyone that jumps anywhere around Orlando (Deland, Lake Wales, Sebastian, Sky Center) maybe I'll see ya there!
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

shite! what are you guys complaining about?!
It is 6' F here in good 'ol Michigan.... feels like -25. yikes! can't wait for spring!

Dude: why is it colder in Boston than in Michigan? That's why I left Ann Arbor in the first place!!! Okay, not why I left, but certainly a good fringe benefit, I thought. >:(
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

went to work this AM and it was only -2...yepp...right there on the bank..but my butt said it was colder...brrrrrrrr

WInd chill -10 In Lancaster, PA
Wife 100% changed plans and we are looking t move to FLORIDA now.
It is official
....p.s. cute Icon.
Here's the '04 Laramie I just bought my wife.
I thought I would buy a modular home for $40,000 but, not for a truck. Hemi & Leather and money is spent.:|

You think its cold there??

with the wind chill it is currently -46 degrees here in upstate NY air temp is -12...schools are closed tomorrow because they think its just too cold for the kids to be going to school, roads are horribel because the wind keeps blowing the snow all over and everything is frozen...Im glad I have the day off tomorrow!! I think ill be spending it in my nice warm bed!!

*daizey*

I'm from Lake Placid, and spent childhood in Old Forge.
That's why I >>>>>>>>>>>>MOVED<<<<
no more Bobsledding so, why stay.
I'm going to move to Fla. as soon as I get a job down there. My ass is cold and my resumes are out there.;)

Thursday night here in Chicago it is 25F, real feel of 11F. That is a heat wave compared to last week....and from what is happening in the Northeast right now.

I can handle it - next winter I will be living in Tampa and bitching about how cold 58F is with the rest of them.

I heard the wind chill at Mt Washington was -105F last night.

It was 75F in Los Angeles today, plenty of sunshine...oh...you said need NOT reply....whoops.. :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I heard that men that worked in the ice factories in Mt.Washington, NH went into the freezers cause it was 30 degrees warmer then the -105 outside!!!!!

And I was complaining with -30 :S

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

It's warmer on Mars!!!

http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Jan04/MarsTemps.bpf.html

Temperature for Mars rover at lunchtime: 12 degrees; temperature in U.S. Northeast: minus 13 to 9 degrees
FOR RELEASE: Jan. 14, 2004
Office: 607-255-3290
E-Mail: [email protected]

ITHACA, N.Y. -- During the most recent early afternoon on Mars, the temperature at the rover Spirit landing site in Gusev crater was an admittedly chilly minus 11 degrees Celsius (12 degrees Fahrenheit). But it was still warmer than most cities in the upper Northeast, gripped in a frigid winter chill.

The rover's Mini-TES instrument (for miniature thermal emission spectrometer) made the precise measurement of the landing-site temperature, at about three feet from the surface, at 1:15 p.m. Mars time, according to mission science team member Michael Smith of the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. Mars is 1.5 times farther from the sun than Earth.

It is day on Mars when it is night in most of the United States. But around the same time, at 1 p.m. today (Jan. 14), temperatures in the Northeast ranged from minus 13 degrees Fahrenheit in Caribou, Maine, to 9 degrees in Providence, R.I. Rochester, N.Y., was considerably colder than Gusev crater, at 3 degrees, according to Keith Eggleston, senior climatologist at Cornell University's Northeast Regional Climate Center. There were lunchtime subzero temperatures in Albany, N.Y., Syracuse, N.Y., Concord, N.H., and Burlington and Montpelier, Vt.

However, the Mars landing site, where it is late summer, cooled off considerably in the evening, reaching an estimated low temperature of minus 90 Celsius (minus 130 Fahrenheit), said Smith.

Commented Eggleston, "Well, for the Northeast, that record will be a little harder to break."

Temperature at 1 p.m., Jan. 14

Location Temp. (Fahrenheit)
Gusev crater, Mars 12
Providence, R.I. 9
Scranton Wilkes-Barre, Pa. 8
Hartford, Conn. 7
Buffalo, N.Y. 7
Rochester, N.Y. 3
Ithaca, N.Y. 3
Albany, N.Y. -2
Binghamton, N.Y. -2
Concord, N.H. -3
Syracuse, N.Y. -4
Burlington, Vt. -10
Montpelier, Vt. -12
Caribou, Maine -13
Mount Washington, N.H. -36

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Minus 37 celsius here today (equivalent to minus 34.6 fahrenheit). Whoever thought that settling in this country was a good idea was an idiot!!!!

Um...I'm thinkin' your off on your math, Marz...that'd be -5 degrees Fahrenheit...

Still f'in COLD!!!!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.