benny

Why do you think we invaded Iraq?

:| .... we were not able to capture Saddam H, or to remove him.... the first time..( wasn't that a Gulf War Goal ? ) ..and i think this fact bothered G. H. W. Bush.....
....Hate to say it,,, but ..maybe It was personal... The elder Bush was CIA director,, back when the line of thinkin' was,,,It's Us.. ( the good guys) against them ( the bad guys)......( of course the CIA was plenty BAD itself) and he carried that way of thinking into his role as president....
Once his son " gained" that office.... The chance to "finish off" Hussein... presented itself...

I just heard this morning that 3 more us soldiers were killed in a roadside bombing. Isnt it time Bus started using all out force to stop this?

I feel so sorry for the guys who think going home is just a short time away...and then they are blown up.

I would think the USA would either fiht the war and finish it, or get out and go home and leave the land to the screwball Iraqis

Bill Cole

....very little about this war..... has a basis in reality.
example ... the purported Nuclear threat,,, the supposed W.M.D. Hell this guy was just a tyrant and a murderer ( Can you say Stalin? can you say Hitler? can you say Idi Amin? ) and ruled by fear and violence...but he seems to be lower tech ( can you say spider hole/ taxi cab?? )than we were led to believe....
.... as for WMD..... Those were the things which rained down on Baghdad and Iraq,, from fighter jets with USA insignia on them[:/]:(.... I know I know.. i wasn't there... but try telling ANY of the populace who live in that country,, that all those laser guided bombs/missles were NOT.. resulting in "mass destruction"... :([:/].......
We should try to make Peace,, Peacefully

we were not able to capture Saddam H, or to remove him.... the first time..( wasn't that a Gulf War Goal ? )

It was not a Gulf War goal. The objective was to liberate Kuwait. That objective was accomplished with UN Sanction.

So far, there are six liberals voting who believe everything they hear . . . ;)

. . =(_8^(1)

Just an opinion here. With the war on terror there was no better terror supporting state than Iraq to demonstrate USA's power. Even since 1990 we have made tremendous advances in military technology. Plus we know the area having recently fought there and having a lot of info. What better place to show countries that support terror what we are capable of doing. If you do not believe me ... fine. But why did Quadaffi (sp?) turn soooo friendly all of a sudden?

....very little about this war..... has a basis in reality.
example ... the purported Nuclear threat,,, the supposed W.M.D. Hell this guy was just a tyrant and a murderer ( Can you say Stalin? can you say Hitler? can you say Idi Amin? ) and ruled by fear and violence...but he seems to be lower tech ( can you say spider hole/ taxi cab?? )than we we led to believe....
.... as for WMD..... Those were the things which rained down on Baghdad and Iraq,, from fighter jets with USA insignia on them[:/]:(.... I know I know.. i wasn't there... but try telling ANY of the populace who live in that country,, that all those laser guided bombs/missles were NOT.. resulting in "mass destruction"... :([:/].......
We should try to make Peace,, Peacefully

our laser and gps bombs DID save lives. They saved US soldiers lives by demoralizing enemy forces and they saved Iraqi lives because an alternative would be to use a higher number of "dumb" bombs or a higher number of ground troops.

and your statement "we should try to make peace, peacefully"

comon

it was Saddam who kept that from happeneing. We gave him multiple chances. and it wasnt just us he was defying. he was screwing over and lying to the international community also.

peace is not that easily attained and war is not that simplified.

(pssst...hey, Benny? That's a slanted poll. I mean, it slants to your own personal opinions. You've left out at least one very important reason...but since it goes against your own personal views, you didn't include it (prolly just forgot rather than it being intentional). That's why I am not answering the poll....

Just thought I'd let you know.)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

(pssst...hey, Benny? That's a slanted poll. I mean, it slants to your own personal opinions. You've left out at least one very important reason...but since it goes against your own personal views, you didn't include it (prolly just forgot rather than it being intentional). That's why I am not answering the poll....

Just thought I'd let you know.)

Ciels-
Michele

Well you could at least go ahead and let us know what you think that reason is rather than just slamming the options of my poll. And you'll notice that my options are actually slanted toward valid although incorrect (in my opinion) reasons.:P

Never go to a DZ strip show.

And you'll notice that my options are actually slanted toward valid although incorrect (in my opinion) reasons.

Seems like all the Administrations stated reasons are there to me...

But I think it was simple.. THAT MAN TRIED TO KILL MY DADDY.

The rest was just THE convienent excuse.. because most of us in this country would never tolerate it.... notice I say MOST because there are plenty of apologists right here more than willing to follow anything GW does..