diablopilot

Talkback is Fluff.

I agree it does seem to get political at times. I have even sat and watched a certain greenie lock posts and just generally fuck with a person they didn't like. I thought that was a bit over the top.

I know this is not a democracy here, but damn at least be adults about it. If you can't keep it not personal then maybe you should turn in your greenie status.
Dom

Hasn't it been said that creating a thread simply to bitch about your last thread being locked was a waist of bandwidth and that these would be deleted?

Didn't it go without being said before it was was said?.

Shouldn't it go without saying now?

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Hasn't it been said that creating a thread simply to bitch about your last thread being locked was a waist of bandwidth and that these would be deleted?

No.

Didn't it go without being said before it was was said?

Aparently not.

Shouldn't it go without saying now?

Not in my opinion. If it's a rule, say so.

In addition using the example of jraf's post, he changed his topic and asked 3 questions. Aparently no one took that seriously.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Honestly, I'd say that jraf pretty blatantly violated the rules. Calling someone a "dope" _is_ a personal attack. Personal attacks on moderators count, too, you know. But re-posting the attack after it was removed? That's really just asking to be banned.

Just my two cents.

you have got to be fucking kidding me. telling someone that they are stupid is a personal attack? sounds like an observation to me. perhaps we need to couch everything in an 'i feel you are' or an 'i find your behaviour to be that of a'. JHC WTF!

i have felt that some 'moderators' are just way too excited about they 'job'. IMO they are given such permissions in the interest of preventing violence and abuse but seem compelled to interject they own politics and mores. grrrrr......

and just in case i get forked up the arse and drop off the face of the earth:tell my mom i love her.
namaste, motherfucker.

In addition using the example of jraf's post, he changed his topic and asked 3 questions. Aparently no one took that seriously.

He was already knee deep in it by then. IIRC, he also made reference to the other threads before changing the subject too.

I do recall a thread about bitching about "why my thread was locked" as not being appropriate. If it was clarified that it was a rule, I can't recall, but I did get the impression that it was (along with the IBTL junk)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

The whole of talkback is Fluff. Sure, it's entertaining but those placed in charge of what is worthy and what's not have me confused.

A group of the moderators had discussed his behavior and came to a consensus that he should be banned.

He was given a fairly blatant warning that his behavior was unacceptable and the thread was locked.

He started up a new thread to brag about getting a thread lock.

We gave him a time out.

He re-registered and made a comment in this thread under another name.

We banned his IP.

Lastly, Sangiro has given us the authority to deal with anyone pretty much however we deem appropriate.

Don't be confused.

If a person wants to make statements, unless they break the rules we'll probably let them. If a person is going to flaunt how much trouble he can cause here, we're going to do whatever we can to stop him from making trouble.

Pretty simple really.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Out of 100% curiosity, why was the recent Rodriguez Brother's thread locked? I looked at it (again) just to make sure, and I didn't see anything that broke the rules.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Out of 100% curiosity, why was the recent Rodriguez Brother's thread locked?

I have no idea. It must have been a single moderator acting on their own. Maybe something subtle about it I'm missing.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Now I can get that pop-corn out again

pulls up a chair Share?

Not a problem, here ya go........... flyangel passes lummy the pop-corn

Now don't hog it all;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

What does "Fluff" mean? (seriously)
>>>>>>>>meaningless filler/chat
As is fluffy not stuffy? (non-seriously)
>>>>>>people being staunch/falsley rightious
While I'm at it..what does or why do people say..He's talking "smack"?
To me smack meant "heroin"
I know it's another word for 'shit' but where does smack come from?
>>>>>>talking as stupid as a person on heroin.
And what's the "schnizzle" stuff?
I heard someone talking like that in the men's room while I was takin a 'whizzle!

>people got so hard up for a new "thing" like that "Wazzzzz up?", that an entertainer whose love of smoking weed "In -da-hood" named, Snoop Dog (not actual birth name) had started his own little Ubonics of silly talk.
Rather than pig-latin, it's now Ghetto-latino.;)
I hope the publish a translation book of reality to Homie-G.

I'll agree with quade. Jraf was rabble-rousing. It's that simple.

Whether you take his posts in or out of context makes a difference. Maybe his first post was somewhat comical and innocent.

His second was not. It appears to me that he was challenging the moderators.

The moderators accepted the challenge.

The moderators won.

End of story. Seems pretty simple to me.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Ok, here's my one and only reply to this thread . . .

Here's my stance . . . I don't only get on here to talk about wingloading and canopy collisions. Nor do I think that is the only purpose of this site's existence. It is for all of us to hang out and interact, so that when we go to other DZ's, we already know people. I don't know about you, but I haven't made any friends in General Skydiving Discussions. I've made all of mine in Talkback, and most people don't want to talk about the political ramifications of the war in Iraq (or at least, not anyone that I would really befriend). Talkback is all about banter.

So if someone wants to give me shit for my posts, oh fucking well.

Kelly

If you took my use of your thread as an example personaly, I think you shouldn't have. I picked it somewhat randomly out of literaly thousands.

Peace? *holds out olive branch*

or if not, to borrow a quote from another thread "9. "Ohh, you are so cute when you get all pissed off."
"

Fine. Peace. I think I took it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too personally, and I know someone who would testify that I did.

And, "You think I'm cute when I'm pissed off? Awwwww, I'm sorry. I can't be mad at you now." ;)

Mood swing number 5 for the day is now complete . . . :D

Kelly

Quade, thanks for the perspective. Don't agree with it all, but that's not really a concern.

One bit of advice that probably has been noticed before:

Letting someone throw a tantrum and make a fool of themselves often alows them to defeat their own purpose with out being made a martyr.