SkydiveMonkey

BPA membership cost

Skreamer we will have a few of us already who will be more than keen to go abroad on a regular basis....

Lets do that then. We have some friends at the Ranch I'd like to visit, plus Cross Keys looks good too. You are right, there are more DZs than Eloy, lets go have some fun. B| (bring Jerry)

Will

Skreamer we will have a few of us already who will be more than keen to go abroad on a regular basis....

Lets do that then. We have some friends at the Ranch I'd like to visit, plus Cross Keys looks good too. You are right, there are more DZs than Eloy, lets go have some fun. B| (bring Jerry)

Will

You just want Jerry sio you can rip his ass again, he is only just started recovering you know....Anyway what happened to you Sat. night????

Would mainland DZ's be able to copy Jersey and become USPA affiliated? That way you would only need USPA membership, and you could charge any visiting member of the BPA committee £45 a jump - see how they like it! Wankers!

Sebastian in May it is - if anyone can get me a job I'm staying out there!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Beleive it was tried a couple of years ago (Bill and Teds?) but the BPA shut it down sharpish. The problem is that they have the sole rights from the CAA to govern skydiving in the UK.

Wonder if we could get an "insurance only" membership from the BPA so we have what we legally need and can ignore safety posters so poor they have to explain them.

Just a thought!
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

and can ignore safety posters so poor they have to explain them.

"LOW TURNS ARE KILLING BPA MEMBERS!"

So, if I am no longer a BPA member am I safe from low turns? :D

Too many skydivers hooking themself in? Get every DZ to put up a poster, that'll make all the difference. :|

"LOW TURNS ARE KILLING BPA MEMBERS!"

So, if I am no longer a BPA member am I safe from low turns? :D

Get every DZ to put up a poster, that'll make all the difference. :|

Was thinking about the corners kill poster. Unless you were part of the cool crowd most people did not know what it was talking about. The squaddies thought it meant go eliptical rather than square and the council members thought it meant we should all go back to rounds! ;)B|;)

Was thinking about the corners kill poster.

Yeah – what the f*ck was that all about?! Spend a load of money on a safety poster… that they then have to print an article in the mag to explain! :S

Surely the whole point of a safety poster is that it should require no explanation whatsoever, let alone a full page article (albeit a very good full page article!)! :S:S:S

Vicki

this is rediculous... that increased increased insurance will probably affect dz's too which'll have to hike up their prices to compensate... It's just going to be prohibitively expensive to jump here. Can you imagine many student's completing a S/L course if it's £35 and above for a jump![:/][:/]

Nut's to it. Always wanted to see what Sweden was like. Jumping abroad is the way forward...

Will

I want to hear what the BPA have done to try to limit the cost of insurance increases - especially separating the demo insurance as the USPA does as this is where most accidents happen and therefore most payouts. Have they looked into this obvious saving measure and if not why not?

every year this happens - people bitching about the cost of BPA membership and that they are giving up BPA and going abroad............ I wonder how many of you bitchin' are actually NOT going to renew???

Anyone got the figures on what the BPA spend their money on??

Hey I dont give a toss - i aint a member!!

there was a break down in the mag a couple of issues ago, i think i've still got it somewhere.

This may sounds stupid, but to the committee peeps get paid, or indeed anyone who does work for the BPA?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

This may sounds stupid, but to the committee peeps get paid, or indeed anyone who does work for the BPA

I beleive there are some salaried members - who also get brand new big fat cars paid for too!!!

or maybe I am wrong?!?! Just what i heard from a bitter BPAMember!!

If you dont like it - dont do it!!

B|

lack of options... If I want to jump here, then I have to renew it.. just cos I have to, doesn't mean I have to like it as well... a couple of trips to Sweden or Empuria would be cool, but it'd soon mount up to cost more than the membership fee... >:(

is it to late to vote for the committee?

If you're gonna do it - do it now! I believe all the votes have to be received by Friday and the voting card itself is postage paid 2nd class. If you post it now it might get there in time...

This may sounds stupid, but to the committee peeps get paid, or indeed anyone who does work for the BPA?

As far as I am aware (and this is just off the top of my head) the BPA have approximately 9 paid staff. They are not elected and I believe several do not even have formal job descriptions. :S

The BPA Council members are elected. They are unpaid but can claim expenses, i.e. travel, subsistence etc. when on BPA business.

I am fairly sure that BPA Judges (not elected, but formally qualified) also get expenses, i.e. travel, food and accommodation when judging.

I have heard tales of some pretty huge expenses claims over the years... :S

Vicki

As well as the outrageous cost of membership - do you members think that the attitude in the UK stinks?? too many rules / regulations??

Not trying to say that the rules should not be there - as some clearly do to stop the masses getting injured and killed - but I am interested to find out if you are actually happy in the way the BPA control and govern the sport you love so much..........

Thanks fo input

M