mchamp

What rig do you own and......

nope - not sure what happened to their equivalent...still in R&D?

:S I only ask because when I bought my last rig in 2007, they were 'just about to release their version of they Skyhook...." and "it'll be on all Mirages by June!" and "any day now!"

And it's 2010....
=========Shaun ==========

I have a Vector3 Micron and absolutely love it, but personally I'd like to have leg straps webbings that do not loosen or shift around when I walk to the plane or move about within the plane.....then again it just might be my skinny ass thighs lol

I believe Paratec has something similar to this called the feather clip on their leg webbing straps?

I has this type of fittings on all my rigs and never had a leg strap slip.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Quickejectsnap.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Snapv-ring.jpg

I was snapping my B-12's up the other day and someone said, ~that's a neat idea...when did they come out with those? :D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have a Vector3 Micron and absolutely love it, but personally I'd like to have leg straps webbings that do not loosen or shift around when I walk to the plane or move about within the plane.....then again it just might be my skinny ass thighs lol

I believe Paratec has something similar to this called the feather clip on their leg webbing straps?

Sparky

I was snapping my B-12's up the other day and someone said, ~that's a neat idea...when did they come out with those? :D:D

Wow.
BASE 1384

Shortly before I bought my Wings, the company removed the stiffener in the main pin cover flap because they had problems with lines somehow wrapping around it. Now the flap fits fairly loosely in it's pocket, and I have been told that it has come out on some jumps. Wish a safer stiffener could be developed. ...:P:P:P

"

Perhaps a magnet would be better.

Sparky

Wow.

......yup, its just my skinny ass things being 20in in circumference :$

Definitely would like to see these as an option on all rigs.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

\

The new wichard hardware that came on my vector 3 has exactly this feature. I will let you know after 1000 jumps if it wears the webbing out.

I have a V3 and I got it because of the skyhook and because I feel it's one of the better researched and tested rigs out there.

I also bought a Javelin because it was cheap and in reasonably good shape.

-Michael

Can you upload a pic? And When did you purchase your V3? I just bought mine brand new in March 2010 didn't see that as an option then......
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

\

The new wichard hardware that came on my vector 3 has exactly this feature. I will let you know after 1000 jumps if it wears the webbing out.

I have a V3 and I got it because of the skyhook and because I feel it's one of the better researched and tested rigs out there.

I also bought a Javelin because it was cheap and in reasonably good shape.

-Michael

Can you upload a pic? And When did you purchase your V3? I just bought mine brand new in March 2010 didn't see that as an option then......

I ordered my V3 around Feb-March, they weren't an option (that I remember) but, since they apparently didnt have all of the stainless hardware, I got a free upgrade to the wichardB|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I ordered my V3 around Feb-March, they weren't an option (that I remember) but, since they apparently didnt have all of the stainless hardware, I got a free upgrade to the wichard

You can order anything you what on any rig if you throw enought money at them.;)

B-12's abd Quick-ejects were standard up until sometime in the early 90's.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

A few years back I had a former F16 pilot who wanted SWARs* on her Pilot Emergency Parachute cause its what she had in her ejection system.

Butler said "sure, just pay the $1250 each for the pair"...:o We decided that $25 each for shot+1/2s would be fine. B|

JW

*special capewells that automatically release the canopy when submerged in saltwater.

Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

My wish list item: a magic pocket with an unlimited supply of jump tickets and cold beer.

I want a Bottle of Scotch that refills itself when I'm sleeping.

Oh Yea, I have a Javelin with Skyhook (used twice) and all the other bells and whistles. Love the Articulation and Spacerfoam. Most comfortable rig I've ever had.

I suppose I'm not terribly creative.
With two Voodoos and two Talons (one FX and one FS), I can't think of anything I'd change.
Pocket on both for carrying pullup cord, stowbands, and 20.00 for that off-landing ride (thankfully not spent since Flock n' Dock)
Solid riser covers that don't move.
Solid toggle keep system.
9' bridles with larger PC, superlight hackey for wingsuiting.
Vented backpad
Cut in laterals
Dynamic corners/cut corners
Easy pack reserve system
Sweet fit
Killer customer service.

Price could be lower, but they say that about Ferrari's, too.

Good idea! Shit, looks like magnets have lots of places they could be used on a rig. Pretty soon we are going to exit the plane and stick to the side of the fuselage! haha

aluminum magnets...i think you're on to something there!

waw, you're finally at aluminium planes ? I thought you would be at wood+fabric:P

fabric? you had fabric...?? why when I was your age, we used feathers like nature intended!!! We didn't need no stinkin' fabric on our planes! :P
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

waw, you're finally at aluminium planes ? I thought you would be at wood+fabric:P

fabric? you had fabric...?? why when I was your age, we used feathers like nature intended!!! We didn't need no stinkin' fabric on our planes! :P

Feathers?? you had Feathers???

We rode the BIRDS...

Years ago at a demo, we were all in the 'packing room' getting gear cleaned up one night. There was a TV in the room playing the movie "Clear & Present Danger"...

The part of the movie comes on where a black ops guy crawls up to a drug plane, attaches a charge and blows it up.

Steve Snyder yells from the back of the room..."Must be Top Secret...I gotta get me one of those!"

"What Steve, a bomb for the airplane?" I asked.

No he replied....an ALUMINUM MAGNET! :D:D

Everytime I see that movie now I hear Steve...:S:ph34r:

It existed for main, was available on a lot of rigs, nobody bought it, no longer available.

Actually it is kind of available because it used little magnetically activated transmitters used for falconry to but on birds.

Locater was several hundred dollars.

Company was ParaTelemetry and owned by George Galloway.

Hmm, seems like a draft web site is still up.

http://www.paratelemetry.com Phone numbers are zero's.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

vector3 micron

it's a little annoying to shut the cypres on, you have to fondle it out under the reserve-flap; kinda forces you to do a reserve-pin check anyway, so it aint ALL that bad, but it could be a little easier accessible anyway..

question for the folks with the wichard-hardwear, i've ordered the "french" hardware, which opens really smooth if you slip your thumbs in, but stays rocksolid closed during planerides and the way to get to the plane; is that the same thing!? pictures please if you have them..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Man, my wings risers are great at keeping the brakes locked in solid. I have never seen them move one bit. Wonder why yours aren't working for you???

I didn't like the front handles, so I put them on my WS gear and put a pair of Vector risers with Tru-Lock on my Wings...

it's a little annoying to shut the cypres on, you have to fondle it out under the reserve-flap; kinda forces you to do a reserve-pin check anyway, so it aint ALL that bad, but it could be a little easier accessible anyway..

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. Mirage too, opening that flap can really be a trick. Doesn't Vector offer a window on the backpad to have your display?
=========Shaun ==========