mchamp

What rig do you own and......

it's a little annoying to shut the cypres on, you have to fondle it out under the reserve-flap; kinda forces you to do a reserve-pin check anyway, so it aint ALL that bad, but it could be a little easier accessible anyway..

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. Mirage too, opening that flap can really be a trick. Doesn't Vector offer a window on the backpad to have your display?

opening up the reserve-flap is not really an issue, but to get your fingers in and up there to get the cypres-unit out can sometimes be tricky.. i just dont like that part of the rig; with my old javelin, it was on the backpack-part of the rig, so VERY easy to do..

i dont think they offer that option to my knowledge, and as i said, if you do a reserve-pincheck (forced to do so), it's actually a good thing. dont know if their line of thinking was that way tough.. if it was, smart choice, otherwise, it's a little inconvenient..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I own two Javelins.
I would want open corners for WS, spacer foam, and a pocket on the legpads for storing stuff, like shorts for naked jumps.

of course everything but hte spacer foam is my winter project :)

nope ya shure don't want the dynamic corners, cuz they don't lie when they say "open"
Love my jav but thats one thing I wish I had never got,

I own two Javelins.
I would want open corners for WS, spacer foam, and a pocket on the legpads for storing stuff, like shorts for naked jumps.

of course everything but hte spacer foam is my winter project :)

nope ya shure don't want the dynamic corners, cuz they don't lie when they say "open"
Love my jav but thats one thing I wish I had never got,

do you mean I don't want an open seam at the bottom corners or that I dont want the 90deg inserts that help the bag clear the container while in WS flight ?

I have them in all my BASE rigs, and they have never been a problem. having videod my WS deployments with freepacked BASE canopies and d-bagged skydiving canopies I see where I can benefit from dynamic corners.

Please explain/post pics.

tnx

Theres nothin wrong with dynamic corners. The problem is with the way sunpath made them in the jav. There are large "holes" on the bottom of the container, meaning the D bag and lines are exposed when the main flaps are closed. You have to stack the bag on the lines (with the grommet and bridle 90 deg to the reserve) to stop them from being exposed. Theres a thread on here about it if ya dig for it, with pictures. I showed it to Sandy Reid who said theres only one way to fix that. when I inquired to what that was he looked at me and said "buy one of my containers":D:ph34r::D

How about closing loops that last 300ish jumps or so!?

Quit packing with Type III tape. It has a hard rough edge and the ends are cut with a hot knife. This type of hard edge with wear out the loop fast. Make a pull up cord from Type IIA coreless nylon or gutted 550 line. You could also make your loops out of gutted 550.

Sparky

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53825637@N06/5250359992/
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You could also make your loops out of gutted 550.

I usually make my closing loops out of Type V. They last a long time and you don't have to use a washer with them. They knot large enough so they don't pull through the grommet.

I take it you mean the braided nylon? Type V seems a little thick, ¼”, to go through a “0” grommet. Do you think Type IV, 3/16”, might be easier and still work without a washer?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I take it you mean the braided nylon? Type V seems a little thick, ¼”, to go through a “0” grommet. Do you think Type IV, 3/16”, might be easier and still work without a washer?

Yeah, we learned that the hard way. Type V on rigs with spring loaded pilot chutes. Pull the ripcord........NOTHING! Kick the rig......IT OPENS! I brought this up to an older rigger and I got "We learned that the hard way in the 70's!"

I think there are mistakes that every generation is going to repeat.
=========Shaun ==========

Nope. I mean Type V nylon cord. I should have mentioned that I gut it in my other post. JumpShack also builds closing loops with Type V.

Yeah, we learned that the hard way. Type V on rigs with spring loaded pilot chutes. Pull the ripcord........NOTHING! Kick the rig......IT OPENS! I brought this up to an older rigger and I got "We learned that the hard way in the 70's!"

I think there are mistakes that every generation is going to repeat.

I don't use Type V on my spring loaded rigs, only on my throw out and pull out rigs. If it is a mistake to do so, JumpShack has been making it for a while and I haven't heard of any incidents attributed to them using Type V closing loops on pull out and throw out rigs.

Apparently manufactures at the PIA also think that there isn't too many major things to improve upon as well ;)

Any more ideas to throw at any manufacturers?

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

1990 Vector V3.5 (Maverick and Tempo inside) for CrW
It's not custom to me, but close, so I'd like the harness fit to be better. More padded legs and cut-in laterals would be nice (of course they offer that now).

2003 Odyssey (Stiletto 120 and PDR 126) - bought new back then - fully articulated - LOVE IT. I'd like the padded back mod. The RSL routing is a bit clumsy around the 3 rings no matter what we do. Safe, but not 'crisply' contained.

On order - Mirage G4 (another Stiletto 120, PDR126 combo) likely to show up any week now. I'll let you know after a season or so. It sounds super comfy though.

General - I like the vector (semi-stowless) bag. I'd like the other vendors to all offer something similar.

It'll be fun to have 3 rigs this year. These are my 3 favorite manufacturers so far too from what I've seen and jumped.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

+ Ability to take a much wider range of main canopies. So I could swap from my little swooper to my demo/classic accuracy canopies with the same rig. (Strong had one back in the day, but I don't see anyone making them now...)

How about them sewing a huge piece of loop velcro into the back of the main area. Then take a piece of foam wrap in fabric and sew the hook part on. All you need to do is velcro it in for small canopies and yank it out for large.

I've got an Icon and i've got a Micron on it's way. I'm pretty happy with the options that Upt offer on the micron, but it would be nice to see some more options
*Pin stripe options on Split colour Vectors
*I'd like to see an AAD controler routed somewhere so i can turn it off after opening to avoid aad fires when swooping.
*I'd like a belly band option thats not just a gash after thought buckled to the hip rings.
Thats a pretty small list because I reckon Vectors have loads of options available and they are in my opinion the best containers on the market.

I just got a racer and it fits like a dream. My main is a firebolt 328 and if it could cook I would marry it. I just hope that Packing paddles and reseve data cards don't get packed into the main by the manufacturer on a regular basis lol....:o

The riser flaps on vector3's suck if they are not magnetic. also the flaps that go from the center out are sorta awkward.

What flaps go from the center out?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The riser flaps on vector3's suck if they are not magnetic. also the flaps that go from the center out are sorta awkward.

the secondary riser-covers!? :S
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Those go from the sides out :P I don't see how those are awkward though.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Those go from the sides out :P I don't see how those are awkward though.

i didnt try to be a smartass, just the best explanation i could come up with. and nope, they're not really awkward..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda