peacefuljeffrey

Any Spyderco or Benchmade knife owners among the skydivers?

Skydivers tend to be up-to-speed on the latest and greatest gear, of course. That's part of the fun. That's why I would not be surprised if among all of us there are many who carry a knife of decent quality on a day-to-day basis.

I'm curious if any of you own any Spyderco or Benchmade knives (as they are my favorites lately), or possibly any real aficionados have higher-end knives like the Sebenza or even customs.

What do you own and/or carry?

Personally, I carry a Spyderco Military as a primary and sometimes a Benchmade Mini-Griptilian or a Spyderco Navigator as a secondary. (I also wear a Cold Steel Spike in a neck sheath on paracord. That's a last-ditcher.)

Knife people, sound off: what do you like, and why?

---Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I have a benchmade. all black with a spring loaded blade. Its not a primary or secondary or anything like that, because its only used for cutting into MRE's and through 5-50 chord not for cutting people.

Wow, waitaminute... You have a Benchmade AUTO? Usually, when someone has one of those it is not only very expensive, but they won't mention it without a name or model number. Are you sure it's a Benchmade? Their autos are pretty hard to come by, particularly without big bucks invested. (Over $200, I believe.)

---Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Under the butterfly logo on the blade is the #9050
on the back of the blade it says ATS-34
oh and it was free:ph34r::ph34r:

It has a hell of a kick. When u press the button to open it, it will try to jump out of your hand.

Cool, sure does sound like a genuine Benchmade, then. Free, huh? Heyyyy... I guess I won't ask.

I don't know the models by heart so I can't say I recognize #9050, but it's probably on their website. Have fun with it, keep it decent. Could come to be worth something! Careful now.

If you want to check out a nice one, get the Nimravus Cub -- it's a fixed blade Benchmade. If you're military, it's right up your alley.

---Jeffrey
-Jeffrey

Spyderco Tim Zawada special. "needs a sharpnin"
and a rock climbing super 8 in case I need to go "rappeling" at a moments notice.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

I bought one of those in blackout stealth in Baharian but gave it to my cousin for Christmas as if I'd of kept it, it would have come out in the wrong bar at the wrong time and I'd have been getting jailled... kept it for a couple months but realized it was just "too" neat.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

i have a swiss army knife... it even has a corkscrew on it :)

obviously its not carried on a day to day basis.. dont want to end up in prison!
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I have a Spyderco Endera has my carry knife and have carried it for going on 10 years now. (well, not this one, this is actually my 5th knife, they keep wondering off or stuff like that).

I really want an Emerson, but my past history with my knifes keeps me from spending the money for one of his sweet blades.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

yeah, my Spyderco has stayed with me for 6+ years and a couple jaunts around the world... I've even lost it and had people return it to me!!!

these are pretty arn't they?

singing stones songs to self.... "street fighting man" and midnight rambler...." I don't know some DJ should hard house some stones up and do a little beat matching

no. strider??? isn't that like a New Balance sneaker or somthin?

You gellin? Like magellin....... squish squish.

Hey are Smith and Wesson knives any good? I have one of those in my truck. It is the SWAT version and seems pretty solid. I usually hesitate about buying gun maker products other than there guns. I also use a Spyderco Delica and sometimes carry it clipped onto my Redwing Boot. It is light and durable as hell. I have had it around 8-9 years. Its blade got a little burnt (accidentally got stuck between 2 extension cords, oops) but it still works like a champ.

Clint D-24352

For all you Benchmade lovers. Aerodynes new rig offers a hook knife option and that hook knife would be the Benchmade emergency tool thingy that looks like a bottle opener. It is sharp as hell too.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING