jumperconway

Super Bowl Haltime ?

Personally, I was very dissappointed with the half-time show. I'm not sure what the target audience was, but I have yet to hear a customer that was impressed! Granted, I'm a newer skydiver, with basicaly 3 1/2 years back into the sport and older, 45. I was really unimpressed with what I saw last night! Curious as to what I missed? Start the flames and remember what I'm talking about is not at the DZ but totally public opinion!

Blues,
Conway

I'm not sure what the target audience was, but I have yet to hear a customer that was impressed!

In tv terms, isn't the target prime-time audience usually the 18-34 crowd? If it's true, then they seem to have hit their mark.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you didn't like THAT half-time show, what did you think during the 1970s?

I didn't think the 2004 show was as good as it could possibly get, but it beats the ever living fucking daylights out of "Up with People" and the Osmonds.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm not sure what the target audience was, but I have yet to hear a customer that was impressed!

In tv terms, isn't the target prime-time audience usually the 18-34 crowd? If it's true, then they seem to have hit their mark.

I would only agree to that if it was the 18-26 yr. old crowd. I don't know of anyone older than that that is in to that c%#@! I think that it was a very poor representation of America! This is an event seen world wide and even though I missed the bullshit that's on the internet today, I'm embarrassed that it was what it was! I agree with Quade about the Osmond's but thought that last year was much more appealing to the GENERAL buying public! Granted, I live in H-Town and had to deal with a bizzillion people in town for it, but for all our city did to facilitate the event (which I took no part in)promoting the final product, outside the actual game. I along with most of the Houstonia'ns that I know were VERY dissappointed. Then again, I think that the target audience, from my perception would be the young (15-30) yr. old, black male crotch grabin' no money spending public. Why spend millions on a crowd that can't even purchase your product or do they just spend all their disposable $ on your clothing and gang related articles for nothing? Maybe that's where the NFL makes their money, not from the people that fill the seats, but from the crap that they sell outside! Just a guess that the people that spent thousands of dollars for the tickets and travel to get to the BIG GAME that thought the H/T show was garbage are not the target audience!

Take a look at the artists that proformed and their annual sales last year. Its equal to the income levels of a few of the NFL teams. Clearly someone out there is buying all their music. THATS the target of this years halftime show.

Janet - New albumn coming and has sales upwards of 7 million records.
P. Diddy - 5+ million records sold and makes about 6-10 million in outside sales in a year.
Nelly - Platnum sales of his first record. Millions in tour sales
Kid Rock - targeted toward the rock crowd... Millions and millions in record sales plus millions in tour sales.
Justin - appeals to the girls/ young women. How much was his boy band and solo stuff worth? :S
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Since it will be a cold day in hell that I voluntarily watch a football game, I really don't care what goes on at half time.

Since my interest in hip hop/rap is identical to my interest in football (less than zero), I consider it fitting that someone chose to put the two together.

Blue skies,

Winsor