lewmonst

Elsinore burnt down

:o
No F'n Way WAY WAY To cool, and far beyond what I would have expected from ANY manufacturer. That is so amazing and cool.

Right now I'm online looking at what precision has to offer. I lost my stuff, wasn't precision, but probably will be this time around.

I just got an e-mail from Betsy regarding the gear I offered Elsinore, and she said that they are OK right now on lender gear and are just trying to get the school set back up.

She also said many manufacturers are helping Elsinore at their own expense, which is wonderful.

I love this sport. :)
Skydiving is for cool people only

wow... it's fun working with George... here's what he sent to Betsy last nite...

Chris

Dear Betsy,
Although it was more than 25 years ago, it seems like only yesterday that I, too, lost everything that I owned in a fire. Upon learning of the fire at Elsinore, it didn't take me long to realize that there is definitely something that we at Precision can do to help. In an effort to get your staff back into the air, we will be happy to replace, at no charge, each, every, and all Precision Aerodynamics' mains and reserves that your staff personnel lost in the fire. We don't even need to know the serial numbers of the canopies lost, just model and size. We will immediately put replacement canopies into production for every Precision main and reserve that your staff lost. It would expedite the production if we could choose the colors, but we won't require that if somebody feels strongly about their personal custom color choices.

Additionally, in an effort to get your tandem program back into the air, we will donate one Precision Tandem main canopy (size of your choice 330, 365, or 400) and one TR-375 tandem reserve canopy to the drop zone. Our tandem canopies are compatible with all tandem container systems made. We will expedite the production of these canopies so that we can get them to you as soon as is practical, and as a matter of fact, we may just have them on the shelf ready for immediate delivery. I will check on that tomorrow, and I will let you know.

I hope this will help take some of the "burn" out of your staff losses, and we are all ever so thankful that the losses were mostly equipment, and no people.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all at Elsinore from all of us at Precision Aerodynamics!

George Galloway
Precision Aerodynamics

Wow! That's incredible. Thank you sooooo much! I'm getting tears in my eyes... Makes me wish I had Precision gear. Can I get a demo canopy for a while?

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Wow, that's incredible. My hat goes off to you and Precision. It's a pleasure to share the sport with such great people.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

We will be removing the debris and cleaning up the area Wenesday at 1200. If you would like to help out, just show up at the DZ with a good pair of gloves. If you have an extra shovel we could probably use it.

Thanks

Oh I wish I could be there! Anyone want to teach math tomorrow in LA for me? I feel the need to shovel burnt stuff.

ALSO, I told this to Ed, but to anyone who's rigs and gear was burned: Ed is going to try to get his 3-rings and closing pins off his rig and I am going to make him a necklace with the nostalgic hardware that remains. So if anyone wants me to make them necklace with their leftover pin or rings or cypres cutter or anything like that, save the parts in a bag or envelope with your name on it, and give it to me or Ed.

And for Karl's sake, don't throw away any hardware that can't be used as decoration in the future :) especially all those tandem 3-rings... Heck I could even take the student and tandem rig pins and make limited edition Elsinore remnant necklaces, auction them and the profits go back to the poor instructors.

peace
lew

(oh, and since my luck is so consistant these days, i have to get $1200 worth of repairs on my jeep todayB|take thatB|one more timeB|yeah... :S lew's goin crazy...)
http://www.exitshot.com

HUGS and Massive KUDOS to Precision. What an amazing offer to make, and how wonderful you all are to do so.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and lew, life's just bonking you around right now. hugs to you, my willowy tall friend. I tend to find that quality chocolate and a nice Pouilly-Fuisse does wonders for the soul....at least, that's the giftie I got at work today! [I won a drawing at the meeting...] And we need to get together for dinner soon...)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

In an effort to get your staff back into the air, we will be happy to replace, at no charge, each, every, and all Precision Aerodynamics' mains and reserves that your staff personnel lost in the fire.

Additionally, in an effort to get your tandem program back into the air, we will donate one Precision Tandem main canopy (size of your choice 330, 365, or 400) and one TR-375 tandem reserve canopy to the drop zone.

I have never owned anything but a Raven reserve, and currently jump a precision manufactured main. You just increased my incentive to remain a Precision customer. There is a reason it's called the "Volunteer" state.

I know that we just spoke on the phone not too long ago, Lew, but I want to let others know that I will be collecting the left over "hardware" from the debris for Lew at Elsinore tomorrow, like you and I discussed. I will separate them into baggies and label them if that is needed for the necklaces/jewelry.
Much love,
ROSA

I love that idea lew. Limited edition... never to be re-made. Get them now while their hot:S... well maybe not the best wording

We can sell them or auction them off at the Elsinore Extreame AirSports/Instructors Rock Boogie.
Which will feature,

1.Jump through the three ring release dives (simulated with a hoop, of course)
2. Jumps with burned but still usable jumpsuits.
3. Intentional cutaway rigs to see how messed up those canopies really are.
4. Raffle off Ash Dives to mourn the passing of the school

Any other ideas?

I love that idea lew. Limited edition... never to be re-made. Get them now while their hot:S... well maybe not the best wording

We can sell them or auction them off at the Elsinore Extreame AirSports/Instructors Rock Boogie.
Which will feature,

1.Jump through the three ring release dives (simulated with a hoop, of course)
2. Jumps with burned but still usable jumpsuits.
3. Intentional cutaway rigs to see how messed up those canopies really are.
4. Raffle off Ash Dives to mourn the passing of the school

Any other ideas?

Selling the ashes in ziplock bags... Own a piece of Elsinore history.... or have your own little ash dive to honor lost skydiving equipment.

Rich, Lew, Shark, Jason. . .and all of you

You guys are cracking me up. . .way too funny. I love the way you are making light of a bad situation. It really kind of puts it in perspective.

Can't wait to see you all and just give out some big hugs. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

:( :( [:/]

For 3 decades I have known of and heard of ,
Lake Elsinore as a Center of Skydiving History and Culture.. But I am an eastcoaster,, (northeast to be more precise) and so have never made a skydive west of the Mississippi River.:o(quincy was the closest I have gotten,,, so far.) :S
For me... Lake Elsinore is only a photo in Skydiving Magazine, or Parachutist,, or it is Jaques Istel Saying.."Come to Lake Elsinore to SKydive,",, at the end of the Carl Boenish Movie,, SkyCapers...
I have followed the rising and falling waters of the Lake.. and have been happy to know that the Jumping there has managed to continue through those changes......Yes.. Lake E... has only been a
"stunning image" taken from 10,000 feet of what seems to be an absolutely breathtaking vista, far far away from where I am.....
Still, when I first saw the post title just a few days ago,,, I was stunned..... my heart broke, and because I felt "so far removed" from that part of the world... I felt I was not entitled to post in this thread...And so I have been coming back to it,, to read,,, to learn, to find out what occurred....[:/]
I only looked at ONE photo which lewmonst posted....and that was enough I cannot and will not open any others...I can well envison the loss,,, without seeing it....up close..:(
What has prompted this post,, it the response which I see from our collective "world of skydiving"....Generous offers, of time , money equipment, sweat, emotion, energy and love.....
My faith in the skydiving community did NOT need
reinforcement... ( I have always believed in it's magic).... yet that faith has been proven here,,,, once again.....ya' can't beat "brotherhood and sisterhood".... and that is exactly what is being demonstrated now......!!!!! So many very very generous gifts.. You,, those who are immersed in this sadness, must gain strength and resolve from the outpouring of support which is so apparent,, all around you.....
The whys??, the hows??, the what fors??...... matter little at this point.... The Loss is far too great for ME to comprehend,, but the Gain will be this....... a re-birth of energy of community, of passion and of love for each of you currently responding to the burden which was placed upon you.... You are in my prayers even though many of you are only words and avatars which flash upon my computer monitor,,,
( night and day)......yet somehow,,, " I know You".... ( You Will ) Rise like a Phoenix... fly high.. and then bask in the wonder that will follow,,, upon the re-emergence of your Drop Zone...:| peace, and strength... jmy
skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends

For whatever it's worth, or not worth, here's the website for the Small Business Administration:

http://www.sba.gov

All of the SBA folks I've had contact with in the disaster response/recovery work I do have been very helpful to the folks they serve. And, yes, there is paperwork, but there's paperwork involved in just about everything!
Attitude is everything!