DBCOOPER

Anybody here into fast bikes?

I am into any and all bikes. I am mainly a Harley Guy. Come froma long family line of American Iron riders.

That said, I believe that if it has a motor, two wheels and is classified as a motorcycle, then it is mighty fine in my book.

In fact this traditional Harley Guy likes Hondas and BMWs. Owned a Honda or two in my day.

In fact the next bike I buy will be this oneB|

AggieDave, you are a man after my own heart. I am currently chopping my Sportser. Raking it out 7 degrees. Ditching the 19in front for a 21 and dropping the rear to a sixteen. Tank is going to a sportBob with dash system. I am getting wicked custom pipes that twist around each other made. They are busting the bank account. (Of course so is the loan I took out on the bike to buy my rig:o.)

Can't wait to finish her up. When she's done I'll post some before and after pics.;)

Dont know much about them but I have a buddy with a Hayabusa. I was doin 100 in the wifes little Saturn outside of Mojave and he passed me doin 170. Says he's had it up to 180 since. Told me he isnt really interested in going faster for the time being.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Indian
Yamaha enduro
HondaXL
Honda CR
GXSR 750
1400 Cavalcade XLE
RF 900R
Cannondale
---------34 years on 2 wheels(still here too)
V2:)V3:)

I haven't owned my own for a while.. :( But when I did I had a ZX6, and then rode a 900RR (way too big for me), GSXR750 (older one).. I want a 748 next time!!!!! My pics are at work, so I'll have to upload it later.. :)

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

NOICE!

Damnit, I want a Harley/Harley based bike so bad. That's why I'm looking at the "bike in a box" stuff, since I don't have enough experience (nor any jigs) to weld a frame together, I can get a frame and parts, then put my own touch on it. Then its MY chopper.

I give it 2 years after I graduate that it happens. I want it that bad, its just not something I can do at this stage in my life.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You and FlyingFerret should chat, he also has a 2002 FatBoy...that fucking bastard.:P

He graduated, started a new job (tech job) bought a 3k car to commute with, then the next month bought a Harley...

Which Harley are you looking at?

I was also looking at a FatBoy, but really, I'd like to buy a chopped out Harley based frame and build something from there. Maybe use a S&S 100cu in...haven't really put all of my thoughts together on the exact parts I want...I do know if I build it, I want a rigid...sucks to ride, but looks fucking sweet.

Might want to subscribe to

www.americanironmagazine.com

to get some ideas on what you want to do.

It sucked that Indian went belly up again. I really wanted an Indian.

S&S makes really sweet engines. If I was into building a Harley, thats what I'd be looking at. But I just have too much stuff to do to get involved in building a bike from the ground up.

edited to correct url

THanks but no. My next bike will be a big un. I really want another CBR but this time I MORE MORE MORE power. I had a GSXR750 for a bit and the body position killed me. I'll stick with the CBR's just bigger.

Nice Bike though! If you bring it out to PErris I will ride it and have fun though!;)
Dom

My dad got a 2001 touring version. It is bad ass. Until he put the saddle bags on it. I only go tto ride it once. He didn't appreciate me riding a wheely up hill through 4th when it only had 150 mile on it.

"I swear Dad, I didn't even notice the front wheel of the ground! Are you sure it was?"

He just looked at me rolled his eyes and held out his hand for the keys! Looks like I will have to get my own again.:(

Gotta get those 200 miles on it before you start takin wheels off the ground. Hard on transmission :( Love your bike (or your dad's):)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

That you on that bike? My first bike was a CBR600 the first year they came out. I loved that thing. the best 600 I have ever rode! HANDS DOWN! I was so glad I didn't buy a ZX6 or Katana that year! My CBR blew them both away.

The 600 was also my first bike in '99. Definately smoked the zx6 and katana. I'm only 100 some odd pounds and 5'2" so I had it lowered and internally balanced. I miss the bike, it didn't even know I was on it. Smoked a lot of other 600's in columbus!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I had a GSXR750 for a bit and the body position killed me. I'll stick with the CBR's just bigger.

I'll second that! Rode a cop's GSXR1100 about 3 miles down the road and back and my forearms were knotted up! My last 2 were a GSX1100 Katana vibrater(got stolen) and a Yamaha 1100 sport tourer (burned up in fire with the Yamaha dealership-Jewish lightning I think[:/]).