NoShitThereIWas

Best Screenname and where did it come from???

So I frequently check out the Who's Online when I log on and laugh once in a while when I come across some of the screennames on this site. There are quite a few characters in the Who's Who on DZ.com ...

I was wondering where some of you got your screennames and if you were to vote who do you think has the best/most creative one?

There are quite a few interesting ones on here and some confusion once in a while too. Lots of "sky" people: We've got SkyBytch, SkyMaster, SkyHi, SkyGod7777, SkybeerGodd, etc. We have DiverDriver, DriverDiver and DiverDiver. We've got lots of monkeys: SkyMonkeys and Sick ones too ...

There are the infamous RoysPlayThing and Chop Chop, VanillaSkyGirl, and one of my all time favorites for creativity: Crapflinger 2000.

So what's the rundown on YOUR screenname?
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Mine is an e-mail name from back when I started law school. I'm a lawyer, so the law part fits.

I'm also a Captain in the Army. The LAW Rocket is a pretty well-known weapon.

I figured the name explained both of my career fields, civilian and military.

Actually, I think "asshole" would be more fitting.:P

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I gor this nickname when I was in the Army. Its an acronym they came up with since we all know how the Armed Services loves their acronyms

K= Krazy
A= Asshole
I= International
2k1 is the year I got on the internet.

Jen, I look forward to meeting you out at QL sometime this spring.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Toss a 200lb turtle out the door of your favorite airplane - try to catch it - look at your pro-trak and that my friends is Turtlespeed.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The rundown on my screenname:

Its a nickname given to me by a close friend. He was American Indian, so I kind of think of it as my Indian name...

here's the story:

When I was about twelve or so, I was visiting my friend John, and somehow ended up teaching his grandfather a few Irish songs, and he taught me a few of his songs, and so on. I knealt on the floor and his grandfather sat in a chair and we traded tunes for quite some time, passing a guitar back and forth, unaware that my friend and his parents were listening outside the doorway. He declared that I sang like a Nightingale, and the nickname stuck. Nobody in his family has referred to me by my given name since.

His grandfather died a few years later, when I was fifteen. Funny thing is, I don't think I ever knew his real name now that I think back on it. All the kids just called him "Grandpa" cause he was kinda grandfather to all of us neighborhood kids in some way. He always either called me Nightingale or "Little Bird." I'd come over to visit with John and Grandpa would say "Come here, Little Bird. I hear you've got a new song for me." And he'd hand me the guitar and I'd sing it for him.

He was a great friend...I miss him. He really helped give me a lot of confidence in myself and my music. The name "Nightingale" is very much a part of me because of him.

SkyGod7777,

haha, well mines just because well i am a skygod you know :P:D, i wish. the only person i know that can call themselves a skygod is jerry bird.

anyway, i don't know why the hell i picked that, my e-mail is skygod84, and the 84 comes from i used to jump an 84 fx. the 7777 just seamed like a good number at the time.

later

ok heres how DaGimp came to life

it started back around Sept of 02, i was at golden knights tryouts when i broke my ankle, so everyone on my DZ started callin me Gimpy.

well one night while drunkin at the Coconut Monkey Lounge, Spa, and Artillery Range our very own Coconut Monkey decided i was to get on DZ.com as DaGimp...his actual word were.....in a slurred manner....."Your gona get on DZ.com, and your gona be.........DaGimp."

well he proceeded to write my intro and at WFFC 03 most of you know that i took the name to a whole new level.

and here i am today...some people were scared of me before meeting me because of the Mask avatar, some knew me from the convention and started to spread rummors of me about how hot i am and how i like to be naked....ok well thats true.....many more met me at Eloy and im sure i will continue to meet more of you.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Nothing to mine, nothing special, no story behind it. When I regestered here, I tried to use my name, Lee, as my user name. When I sent the info, it came back, saying that I would have to choose another name, that Lee was already taken. So I added an 03 to the end of my name, and it worked. I guess I can say that since 03 is the year that started skydiving, and the year that I joined dz.com, that maybe it is approprite. Who knows. Just nothing special to it. I guess it, like me, is rather dull and drab. :|
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

Hey Jen!! Nice to see you on here. ;)
Of course anyone should know that my name was in the beginning supposed to be a funny joke about me and Roy! But then all hell broke loose in the womens forum (so un-lady like) ....lol..... but anyway, I still don't care what anybody else thinks about my name on here .... It is so funny when people put too much effort in other peoples business and reasons for doing things! :S sheesh! .. I don't give a damb what they are doing! ... :)Anyway, long winded story short... I am Roy's Plaything... because he enjoys playing with me, and I enjoy him playing with me also.... he he he he he! :$:):D:)

There are the infamous RoysPlayThing and Chop Chop, VanillaSkyGirl, and one of my all time favorites for creativity: Crapflinger 2000.

So what's the rundown on YOUR screenname?

Ooooo...infamous...thank you, Jen!

Well, my ex-BF named me "Vanilla" one day from a SNL skit where Jennifer Love Hewitt played a pretty cheerleader up for a commercial for deodorant. She claimed that she never sweat and "naturally smelled like vanilla". We were laughing so hard, but suddenly my BF told me that this was me! He claimed that my body ALWAYS smelled very good, no matter what I was doing or if I was sweating. It perplexed him, like I was some kind-of chemically altered, naturally great-smelling freak of nature...:ph34r: I think that it's just my body wash...it smells sooooo good. :)
Of course, my screen name was originally a little inside joke with my ex... I just added the "sky girl" to complete it. Also, since "Vanilla Sky" was an interesting, thought-provoking movie, then I didn't mind the possible references. Many people think that my screenname comes from a resemblance to Penelope Cruz, but I honestly do not think that I resemble her at all. She is very pretty, though, so the compliment is nice. :)

It is so funny when people put too much effort in other peoples business

Easy solution. Don't post every insignificant personal detail of your life on the internet.

.... and you shouldn't read everything that you think will bother you! :P:|

I don't put things in people's mouths... you need to grow up and not post anything to me. You might be happier with yourself. Only unhappy people get bothered by others lifes.
Buy a pet or something..

P.S. I won't stoop to respond to anymore of your posts. :| Hope your life gets better.