jumperconway

John Kerry-Viet Nam (forwarded)

THIS IS FOR YOUR DISCUSSION.

Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2004 10:25 p.m. EST

Gen. Giap: Kerry's Group Helped Hanoi Defeat U.S.
The North Vietnamese general in charge of the military campaign that finally drove the
U.S. out of South Vietnam in 1975 credited a group led by Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry with helping him achieve victory. In his 1985 memoir about the war, Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have
surrendered to the U.S. - according to Fox News Channel war historian Oliver North.
That's why, he predicted on Tuesday, the Vietnam War issue "is going to blow up in Kerry's face."
"People are going to remember Gen. Giap saying if it weren't for these guys [Kerry's group], we would have lost," North told radio host Sean Hannity.
"The Vietnam Veterans Against the War encouraged people to desert, encouraged people to mutiny - some used what they wrote to justify fragging
officers," noted the former Marine lieutenant colonel, who earned two purple hearts in Vietnam.
"John Kerry has blood of American soldiers on his hands,"
North said.

Attachment was false- deleted. Thanks Velo90

I was kind of wondering when this would make it here. Did not want to do it myself as I already started something.:P You know how it goes the more you dig the more you find.

Rainbo

remember everything you see may not be true. text is actual.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

The original photograph (shown in a thumbnail to the right) captured Kerry alone preparing to give a speech at the Register for Peace Rally held in Mineola, New York, on 13 June 1970 (three months prior to the event pictured in the previous Fonda/Kerry photograph). Someone has grafted an image of Jane Fonda with a microphone onto the picture and mocked it up as a newspaper photo to create an impression of closeness between the subjects. (We haven't yet found any articles verifying that Jane Fonda even attended the Register for Peace Rally at which the original photograph was taken.)

Last updated: 12 February 2004

Blog Clicky

If Kerry comes to Seattle, I'm going to shout "Baby Killer!" at him. >:(

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

>according to Fox News Channel war historian Oliver North.

I have to wonder how seriously you would take an article about Bush's cocaine usage written by Bill Clinton and published in the Village Voice.

"But . . . but . . . that's different!"

>THIS IS FOR YOUR DISCUSSION. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO ME

Do not post anything you don't want replied to. This is a discussion board, not a statement board.

I say it's the republikins. They'll do anything to gain an upper hand.

Gain? As owners of the house, senate, oval office, the majority of state governerships, and things looking good to remain the same for the next four years, what do they have to gain? Retain maybe, but gain?

That's funny stuff man, especially the part with the funky spelling of republican.

. . =(_8^(1)

>As owners of the house, senate, oval office, the majority of state
> governerships, and things looking good to remain the same for the
> next four years, what do they have to gain?

The party themselves? The election is not as sure a thing as it was a few months ago, with the WMD fiasco and the increasing problems in Iraq. Expect them to "try on" sound bites to describe Kerry's perceived evil deeds; those sound bites will become more and more moderate as you ascend the party hierarchy. Their job is to win the next election at any cost; this is just one tool they will use.

Republicans themselves? One need only look at the glee of certain posters here to see that people love slamming 'the enemy.' It's a favorite pasttime of both parties. Just look at the fascination many republicans have with Clinton's penis and Monica's dress, and the fascination that many democrats have with Bush's cocaine usage.

And General Giap thanking Kerry and VVAW for helping him win the Vietnam War?

Not being abrasive here, I'm just wondering how something like that (a radical political position that has since been glossed over) fits this model (personal habits that are regarded as fair game for use as political grapeshot by either party; e.g, cocaine, dress).

mh

>And General Giap thanking Kerry and VVAW for helping him win the
>Vietnam War?

I put such comments in the same category of Margie Schoedinger's comments, the woman who accused George W Bush of raping her (she has since committed suicide.) A remarkable accusation, one that requires substance before I believe it.

I believe the quote is factual - I recall seeing it about ten years ago. I'm sure somebody is going to crack open Giap's book here shortly and confirm it.

Snopes, anyone? :D

mh

The picture is a fake Snopes

Nice....gee....question is, who doctored the photo...one of the other dem candidates campaign teams, or GWB's? Wouldn't put it past any of them.

Now that I look at it a little closer, Kerry does appear to have a huge head. I just figured he did. I think this is BS trying to tie Kerry to Jane Fonda. This incident has no relevance to her statements in N. Vietnam. Fonda's trip to N. Vietnam took place almost 2 years after this demonstration. Theres plenty of germane issues which will come up in the next 8 months that this will pale in comparison to.

The picture is a fake Snopes

Nice....gee....question is, who doctored the photo...one of the other dem candidates campaign teams, or GWB's? Wouldn't put it past any of them.

Now that I look at it a little closer, Kerry does appear to have a huge head. I just figured he did. I think this is BS trying to tie Kerry to Jane Fonda. This incident has no relevance to her statements in N. Vietnam. Fonda's trip to N. Vietnam took place almost 2 years after this demonstration. Theres plenty of germane issues which will come up in the next 8 months that this will pale in comparison to.

John Kerry's "Winter Soldier" testimony (from Congressional record), which was subsequently proven to be BULLSHIT. KERRY LIED IN TESTIMONY TO CONGRESS.

Edit to add - Kerry heard what he wanted to hear and passed it on in his testimony, without ever even bothering to find out whether the "Winter Soldiers" had even been in uniform. Adding insult to injury, Fonda called returning PoWs liars about their claims of having been tortured while in Hanoi (although to her credit, she recanted and apologized).

It wasn't until Burkett starting exposing the phonies that the truth began to come out, and now the birds have come home to roost on Kerry's campaign. The medals he threw over the White House fence (somebody else's I might add) are now on the wall in his office. What a hypocrite.

Gee, I hope Kerry comes to Seattle, I really do, so that he can can feel what it's like to be called a Baby Burner.

mh