TribalTalon

so.... whats your credit card bill look like?

I have about $5,000 charged but nothing skydiving related. I pay cash for skydiving stuff. . .that way I don't have to cringe later when I get the bills. . .Yeah, I had to wait a little longer to start my AFF, but not having additional debt is well worth it.

Skymama's advice is WONDERFUL. . .take it and use it. I didn't when I was younger and am suffering now. Not forever, mind you, but its no fun having to "fix it later". Be responsible now and later you can enjoy what you have built. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

I've got about $2500 in CC debt right now. I wouldn't but see, I just bought a new canopy and such and I'm still paying off other skydiving expenses on it. The only thing I use those two CCs for is for skydiving related items. I don't use it to buy gas, dinner or anything like that.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

See, I'm the opposite. I never use a CC for big purchases...I save up cash for that. I may use the CC, but I have cash on hand to pay it off right away. What I do use it for is every day stuff like dinner and gas, that way I get the rewards, but again, I make sure it's with cash I have on hand.

The nice thing about MS Money is, you check off a little box that says "pay off full amount each month" for your CC account. Then use it for purchases. Then when I open Money, it automatically downloads and charges I made, automatically deducts that amount from my available cash. I take a look at my cash flow forecast, and see how much money I have available to spend.

I can't say enough about how helpful that software is in keeping you debt free.

My credit card bills ~$3500, consolidations loans~$4000, student loans ~$38000. YIKES. I don't think I'll ever get all that paid back. At least I went on the 20 year payment plan for the student loans.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

Arthur, take Phree's advice and get a credit card with a low limit,

Listen to Phree and Skymama.

OK OK!!! jesus i'll get a damn credit card just stop nagging!!:S:S:S:SB|

:P:Dthanx for the advice guys but i plan on winning the loto by the time i'm 30 so.:P:PB|
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I have several CC accounts: stores often give you a big discount if you sign up for their card, so I do. Then when the card comes I cut it up and toss it.

And I have one that I use to buy gas etc. but I pay it off every month.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

------------
OK OK!!! jesus i'll get a damn credit card just stop nagging!!

thanx for the advice guys but i plan on winning the loto by the time i'm 30 so.
------------

There is a better way to establish good credit without ever using a credit card or really even going in to debt, especially if you bank at two different institutions(however you can make this method work with just one bank). Go into Bank #1 and get a line of credit(try for $2000-$5000). Go to another bank and get a second line of credit. Now all you do is spend a few months or a year juggling the money from one bank to the other, pay up on time(or early) every time. After a year you may have borrowed $5000 on several different occasions and you always paid it back on time(or early). In that one year you can have a better credit history than people that have borrowed for the past 5-10 years because you have actually borrowed more often. Just don't get tempted to spend all the dough on jumps. When it comes time to buy a house or anything else where you need big cash you will thank yourself for what seemed like a dumb idea of moving cash back and forth. In fact you could have two banks really fighting for your business since you are such a good customer.

I have several CC accounts: stores often give you a big discount if you sign up for their card, so I do. Then when the card comes I cut it up and toss it.

Make sure you call the companies and cancel the cards also. When I was getting my credit checked for my house, I found out that they also look at the amount of available credit you have, even if you don't use the cards or haven't for years.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

CC debt is under 2k....I wont talk about the others[:/]

As a side story.....the owner of my shop/store...pays all the company's monthly bills on his credit card and has the company pay him back......Why you may ask?...AIR MILES!!!!!!....dude makes more trips a year then you could shake a stick at.....all free:S