airdweller

Can you name one good thing about Bush and Kerry?

I figured I would start a different kind of political thread. I got to thinking about this when I saw Kucinich answer this question on a late night talk show. His response was that Bush is very engaging in person.

For me

Kerry is into kite boarding
Bush was a pilot
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

This is funny.

Only the original poster was able to do it as intended.

Wait, that's not funny at all [:/]

Edit: nevermind

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This is funny.

Only the original poster was able to do it as intended.

Wait, that's not funny at all [:/]

Edit: nevermind

OK then: (For the ladies): Kerry has a Giant Nose.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

thanks for trying. It's not helping. Maybe if someone could send me good weather and a fully committed team????

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Great idea for a post. I was getting a little tired of the negativity in the other political posts where nobody is going to change anybody's opinion. So here goes:

Bush did a great job in his first address to the nation after 9/11. He exceeded my expectations at the time.

Kerry reminds me a little of Kennedy (but his wife is no Jackie O - the real dead one, not the not really dead one - if you know what I mean.)
"I have magic buttons ;)." skymama

Term limits.

I think they're both full of it. Bush led the country astray, Kerry slammed his former service members for political gain.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Term limits.

I think they're both full of it. Bush led the country astray, Kerry slammed his former service members for political gain.

Actually I like your thinking -

Bush - He's already in office
Kerry - He'll never be in office

Yep term limits - thank you that it is limiting Kerry!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Bush: He really stepped up to the plate after 9/11. He signed into law the banning of partial birth abortions.

Kerry: Has voted on occasion in ways that benefited the Commonwealth of Massachusetts...my home state.

Chris

Bush: Alabama completely untouched by the VietCong in 1972-1973 (what more proof is needed?)

Kerry: Even Vinny thinks he looks presidential

You do realize that Kerry went on to be one of the biggest military bashers of the Vietnam Era. At least Bush never degraded his fellow soldiers. Granted I don't think he ever actually met them.

This is really pathetic. I feel like I'm just making the best out of a sorry set of affairs in this election.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

You do realize that Kerry went on to be one of the biggest military bashers of the Vietnam Era. At least Bush never degraded his fellow soldiers. Granted I don't think he ever actually met them.

This is really pathetic. I feel like I'm just making the best out of a sorry set of affairs in this election.

Bush never degraded his fellow soldiers??? Don't make me puke. How degrading is it to support the war but use daddy's connections to skip out on going to fight in it?

You want more degrading? How 'bout as president, FUCKING the veterans who actually DID go, after campaigning that he would help them? All while cutting taxes for millionaires and billionaires. THAT is pathetic.

----------------------------------------------
Bush Pays Lipservice to Vets, Then Slashes Their Health Care

Late last week President Bush visited combat veterans at Walter Reed Medical Center. During his visit, he said "We have made a commitment to the troops, and we have made a commitment to their loved ones, and that commitment is that we will provide excellent health care - excellent care - to anybody who is injured on the battlefield."1

His comments stand in stark contrast to the policies he has pushed - and the record he has amassed - as President. Just this year alone, the President "announced his formal opposition to a proposal to give National Guard and Reserve members access to the Pentagon's health-insurance system"- a slap in the face to thousands of troops, especially considering "a recent General Accounting Office report estimated that one of every five Guard members has no health insurance."2 The President also this year proposed to cut $1.5 billion (14%) out of funding for military family housing/medical facilities. This followed his 2002 budget which, according to major veterans groups, "fell $1.5 billion short" of adequately funding veterans care.3

This is not the first time the President has staged a photo-op to thank veterans at Walter Reed and then proposed policies that hurt veterans. A little less than a year ago, the President visited the medical hospital4, and then on the same day announced his proposal to cut off 164,000 veterans from the VA's prescription drug discount program.5

The result of the President's harsh treatment of veterans is that "more than 235,000 veterans are currently waiting 6 months or more for initial medical appointments" with "many veterans waiting 2 years just to be seen by a doctor."6 At Ft. Stewart, Georgia, UPI reported "hundreds of sick and wounded U.S. soldiers including many who served in the Iraq war are languishing in hot cement barracks here while they wait - sometimes for months - to see doctors."7 And CBS News reports that the administration appears, in some cases, to be denying benefits to soldiers wounded in Iraq. Specifically, many soldiers say they are seeing their pay and health benefits severely reduced after they are badly wounded.8

Sources:
1. President Bush Meets with Wounded Soldiers at Walter Reed, 12/18/2003.
2. Gannett News Service, 10/23/2003.
3. Independent Budget, 01/07/2002.
4. President Bush Meets with Wounded Soldiers at Medical Center, 12/17/2003.
5. "VA Cuts Some Veterans' Access to Health Care", Washington Post, 01/17/2003.
6. Independent Budget, Paralyzed Veterans of America.
7. "Sick, wounded U.S. troops held in squalor", UPI, 10/17/2003.
8. "Wounded Troops Denied Benefits?", CBS News, 12/18/2003.