shotat

For a SOB at our DZ

You think you know some people and then, well, they steal DZ property and make your DZ Look bad. You wouldnt think you would have this problem on a dropzone but I guess it goes to show that the world is full of a**holes...

***How come all the rich kids get to make all of the jumps?***

I'm lost, what does the picture have to do with someone stealing something.

Give me a break, it's Monday[:/]
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

:(
hmm My first rig was stolen from me by a couple of guys broke into my apartment. I can't imagine one of my friends actually stealing from me. That sucks man. At least you caught him.

ps I am assuming that is a picture of the thief
Right?

um, so far all you've shown is that theft occurs at Cullman [like so many other dropzones, unfortunately]. We're in an expensive sport/atmosphere, it happens. Are we all expected to know the guy? Recognize him in the future? The DZO ban him?

Information is more powerful than a quickly done paintshop to some asshole's face.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Alright, the guy was arrested, brought back most of the stuff he stole. He was working for the dz as a packer. He will probably only get probation and pay restitution and because of his age and lack of criminal record will apply for and recieve youthful offender status which means that when he applys for jobs in the future he will be able to say that he has never been arrested and the prospective employer will not be able to see that he has. All in all, the situation sucks and I suspect that Mark just wanted to try and make sure that he does not use his packing skills to rip off another dz in the future.

so he was a packer? Maybe he was just good at his job. he packed other peoples stuff for them ( in his car) give the guy a break(both of his legs).

give us some info so if we run into the guy We can point and yell "HEY THATS THE ASSHOLE WHO RIPPED OFF SHOTAT AND NUTZ" (and everyone will ask if they can some of the drugs I am on)
My photos

My Videos

I am not aware of any personal property that was stolen, except for the DZO's. Maybe Shotat had a camera stolen, I don't know. If so, he should be able to recover it by giving the police a complete description, including model and serial numbers, filing a complaint and checking local pawn shops. The Sheriff SHOULD do that for him. (Check the local pawn shops.) Also, I do not see how this would give the dz a "black eye". It just goes to show that anyone can be duped.

Also, I do not see how this would give the dz a "black eye". It just goes to show that anyone can be duped.

How he worded his original post is what I was refering to. Filling in all the important info that has been filled in, gives everyone a heads up. Being vague and posting what he did makes it seem like his DZ has a real problem (which now we know it was one asshat packer).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Geeez guys, I had a meeting went to lunch got back to check the post and during that time the post turned into a "I HATE SKYDIVE CULLMAN" banner, give em two black eyes!!!. This was not my intention. What really ticked me off is that he was playing with my 2 year old son when the picture was taken. I cropped him out of it.
I guess I should have given more details and I appreciate Chris taking up the slack for me while I was away. What I really want to get across is that you have to watch your back no matter where you are. So, if you see this guy show up at your DZ, Watch Out. More than likely he wouldnt go any further than Skydive Atlanta but you never know. Anyone that steals from people who he hangs out with, drinks beer with, and that trust him with their life should at the very least be blackballed from the skydiving community. Thats all I have to say about that!

***How come all the rich kids get to make all of the jumps?***

you got to give your DZ a huge black eye on a VERY large and public forum. Good job.

How do you figure?

I thought it was a good public service notice. I'll be sure to keep any thieves we end up with a big secret cause you are taking it the wrong way. I guess you would rather not know and hire this thief than to know? I don't get how this gave Cullman a HUGE black eye.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

so I take it that the picture wasnt while he was stealing stuff then.

I thought that was like a security cam pic:o.

can we have a first name of this guy? you are SURE he is guilty correct?
(from your orig post It sounds like they got him redhanded)
My photos

My Videos

I guess you would rather not know and hire this thief than to know? I don't get how this gave Cullman a HUGE black eye.

Read the entire thread, it will make sense to you then, instead of posting right away.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yikes!

*sigh*

He was a hell of a hard worker, but after some higher $$ property went missing he was questioned with the police present and he admitted taking said property. We intend to nail his carcass to the wall if the law will permit it. As far as we know he swiped Drop Zone property only (no jumpers have come forward about anything missing). Email me if you wish more info (like names).

-Sandy

Man that sure sucks. Why did the person rip off the goods? Did he do it for fun, does he have a drug problem or is he just a prick?

We all make bad decisions at one time or another in our life, I know I did. I would not be posting this guys name and picture all over the place, ya never know what else he can do. You made your point but if he can steal from you who knows what else he would be willing to do. Let the police handle this, we are not the judge and jury.

I would be pissed off too but you are now slandering this person on a public forum too, kind of fucked if he wanted to go after you from defamation of charter, etc. The law is not always on our side, sad to say but criminals have rights too.

I would be pissed off too but you are now slandering this person on a public forum too, kind of fucked if he wanted to go after you from defamation of charter, etc. The law is not always on our side, sad to say but criminals have rights too.

It's not slander. Written word is libel. And it's only that when it's not true.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Better to have the DZ provide his name to the list of groups members as well as the non-affiliated clubs.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants