jtval

what kinda pain do you have?

During hockey season I tend to be perpetually injured (currently recovering from a sore neck after being cross checked from behind 1 1/2 weeks ago). But other than that, I'm doing very well for an old fart who's been playing hockey at a fairly high calibre for the last 35 years, plays volleyball, skiis, mountain bikes and let's not forget, jumps a lot. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Right wrist - broken many years ago in Tae Kwon Do. Still hurts in random weather changes.

Neck - not sure what I did, but sprained it a few weeks ago.

Right middle toe - broken skydiving.

Tailbone. Bruised once and I think broken once on hard landings. I have to learn to land on my feet :P

Sinuses - been spending a lot of time practicing underwater skills in the scuba pool, getting ready for divecon class. I think the bromine has been aggravating my sinuses.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Nice one, Matt! Aren't chainsaws great? At least it sounds like it wasn't running at the time. ;)

Unfortunately, I had a little incident with a running one many years ago...took about 40 stitches inside and out to close it up. But for future reference, it tends to mangle blood vessels so badly that they don't bleed all that much.:S Kinda neat seeing what color your muscles actually are, but it's probably more fun to see someone else's...
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

After every thing I've been through, the way I look at it:

If I have pain, that's fine, means I'm still alive.

Same here, Mar. If I wasn't hurting, I'd be worried and looking for a big, bright light.

I do have this recurring pain in my ass though, but that's not physically attached to me. ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Tendonitis in my lt shoulder, 80% tear in rt, C6-C7 - T1-T4 spine injuries, arthritis like no tomorrow. All chronic conditions. All from motocross. Not enough to keep me off that bike thoughB|

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

Nice one, Matt! Aren't chainsaws great? At least it sounds like it wasn't running at the time. ;)

Who ever said it was NOT running ? ;) It was, but the chain was almost stopped. It was one of those electric ones I use for trimming my fruitless mulberry. I was trying to avoid a branch coming down on top of my head with my right hand and it hit the chain as it was coming to a stop.

Lessons:
1. Wear gloves dumbass!
2. Cut in a way that does not cause said branch to fall towards body. ;)

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

thanx for posting this!
I am now much more grateful for my health. I have not been sick in years, and have absolutely no pains.

I didnt know there are that many suffering people out there! Good luck to you all!

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

Got to admit it though, going to the floor because I can not stand long enough to make my morning pot is getting to me.

I hope you mean coffee and not at the toilet. that would be a real bother! LOL
My photos

My Videos

My knees hurt ocassionally. Just random pain and they swell up now and again for no particular reason. Last time I was just standing up from an aircraft seat and it felt funny and hurt. Swollen for the next couple of days. Stupid round parachutes and heavy rucks! My left foot hurts pretty much everyday. I broke it in 96. It didn't heal quite perfectly but the $100 per month the VA sends me makes it feel better. :D My ears don't hurt but they do ring fairly often. Comes from having an HF radio mike crammed to your ear for 6 years straight. :S Of course...I can laugh when they ring......."Hmmm....sounds like another $100 a month." :D

didnt even think about the tinitus. I got that too!

Make sure to request a hearing test when you get your VA physical if you get out. I didn't even think about it. I just requested one because I had seen my hearing declining a bit on my flight physicals. The Doc casually asked me if my ears ever rang. I said Yeah...probably once a week at least. Next thing I know I got 10% disability for tinitus in my left ear. *Shrug*

My damn teeth! I got two teeth that are killing me. Went to the dentist and they could do nothing. Why? Because apperently I am clenching my teeth too much and grinding them in my sleep! Damn, I was hoping it was something that could be fixed by a pull or a drill, cuz man I am in some freakin pain!

Apparently the problem has enflamed my TMJ too. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Good thing PB&J is a soother:D.

Rotator-cuff, right shoulder! Been hurting for awhile now, and getting worse! No bucks to go to doc, no job, no medical coverage, so I just grit my teeth and hurt! :|
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

She's about 5'10", brown hair and green eyes, and pretty hot.

She's a bit of a hassle, but for the most part she puts up with my skydiving and the sundry crap I put her through.

So although she can be a pain at times, I think I'll hold onto her.

Elvisio "brownie points" Rodriguez

Left knee from breaking it in 3 places and tearing 3 ligaments and medial meniscus 8 months ago. I think it's always going to bother me. [:/] Right shoulder rotator cuff tendonitis from being on crutches so friggin long and having gait changes. :S

As one ages.........what doesn't hurt? I just learn to live with a little pain.

Arthritis in my hands, a couple hours of gardening and I can't even make a fist!

TMJ--if I'm not careful-- it is under control now.

Lower back pain, pretty constant, but if I'm careful it's manageable.

Neck pain causing headaches, chiropractor is good at relieving that pain. When the headaches start, I know it's time to see the Doc!

Broken tail bone from car accident generally doesn't bother me anymore.

The worse? My feet--mainly from having no arch and from the ankles turning in. An orthodic arch support helps somewhat, it all depends on my shoes. They have to be 'cushy' and keep the pressure off the balls of my feet, or big time pain. You know, nothing takes away foot pain.....well some good narcotics would but..........can't do those on a daily basis:S.

Carpal Tunnel, I think. Neither of my thumbs work very well anymore.

Eh, this list is too long.:( At least nothing as serious as some that have posted.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Heart ache.
left elbow from torn ligament (courage badge mang)
gravel stone ground into flesh just beneath big toe of left foot from motorcycle wreck.
left knee when I tourqe it from an orthoscope as a teenager.
lungs when I'm watching breath go bye bye while surfing.
head when I take my super eight climbing beaner and beat a little sense into my head.
dislocated thumbs act up every now and then.
brain when I feel a real quality migrane comin on....

Hey JT Brandy is throwin ya a high five for me when she pulls into Vegas , have fun jumpin mang! my riznig is in at Elsinore I just need to do Kama right and put a steaming shit pile of cash in her hand and put it on.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Woah, woah, woha! Let's not be too hasty here, ma man! Sometimes, traditions like the Elvisio-way just cannot be denied, regardless of marital/romantic status.

...besides, if the response that I've had for PAST Elvisio-ways is ANY indication of the response for FUTURE Elvisio-ways, my relationship with my girlfriend isn't in any danger whatsoever.

Elvisio "jumpin' solo" Rodriguez

Hell My aches and pains have aches and pains.. after doing 10 jumps in a day I usually do an ADVIL preemptive strike on my aches and pains after about 7 jumps

If I would have known I was going to survive this long I think I would have taken better care of myself.. but would not have missed any of it for the world.

wow perfect timing.

Today I hurt some muscle/tendon on the front of my fibia (shin bone). Was squatting and trying to break a persona max. at least i got the rep!

And, my crapal tunnel (im not sure you can use it as a noun) hurts...injured it lifing 2 years ago...still is a pain.

dang, im getting old. (20 years)

Lower back pain. Since the Mardi Gras boogie. Severely hard opening. I'm starting to wonder if I have done some damage....at first, I thought it was just a pulled muscle or something, now I'm not so sure.. I guess I need to go to the doc this week.. :(

Mike