Dougjumper

What's your Favorite Rock-n-Roll Band

oh man I have waaay too many favourite bands... I love all my music & wouldn't know where to start..

NOFX, Beastie Boys, Rob Zombie, Rolling stones, ACDC, Buckcherry, Snot, Hed P.E., Sublime, 25 Ta Life - that's what's in my bag today! Now I need something LOUDER!! B|

I think a *real* rock n roll band gotta be wicked live - some favourite gigs were Guns n Roses, Beck, Backyard Babies, Agnostic Front, Leech Woman!

George Thorogood and the Destroyers... not much of a stage show, but the music makes up for it and then some... stripped down, raw, and George's 'tequila gargle' voice. haven't seen them live in a few years, i hear he's slowing down some, but he's coming to town in April and I have my tickets. B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

oh man I have waaay too many favourite bands

I'm with you, too many bands! Joy Division, Ministry, Faith No More, Helmet, Ramones, Janes Addiction, Tenacious D...

Now I need something LOUDER!!

KILLING JOKE just put out a new CD with David Grohl on drums, these guys have been around forever and they still rock, remember WARDANCE?

You are not the only one that has been a Rockin Roller since the 70's. I am with Amazon, The Moody Blues is one of my favorites. I could not imagine life without Pink Floyd. I really love C,S & N Southern Cross takes me to the depths of myself. I haven't seen one post with KISS. They rock and My favorite tune by them is Hard Luck Woman. Van Halen (with Roth) is a must on any rock menu as well. Did not notice any Jackson Browne either. I've met Neil Young(briefly) and Steve Tyler- he was a blast!
Anyway-Stones ,Zep,Aerosmith,Doors,Hendrix,J-Airplane/Starship, Etc... Lets just say that life as we know it would not be the same without all of them-it is a fact!-Caress:)
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Slayer

oh yea Pink Floyd

but first and foremost it would have to be Slayer

Well, since you mention Floyd...

They were our local garage band when I was a graduate student at Cambridge. We would hear them practising on weekend mornings.

And did I mention that the Stones were our local band when I was in HS in south east London?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There is absolutely no way I can name one band or one singer. I have favorite rockbands for every emotion. I was just listening to Blue Oyster Cult and Boston. Tomorrow I could be in the mood for Nine Inch Nails or anything Chris Cornell belts out. Who knows. :)

I bet your just saying that because he and others in the band did some tandems at your dz!;)
As pictured in this months Parachutist magazine.

I remember being the only person in elementary school into the classic rock. By the 5th grade I was a Beatles nut, and I loved Zeppelin and Alice Cooper.

It's 50/50 for me whether Zep or the Beatles are my fave. I'll side towards Zep, though.

Others high on the list are the Who, the Guess Who, BTO, Styx, Billy Joel (That Cat can ROCK!), the Eagles, and the Allmans.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

There is absolutely no way I can name one band or one singer. I have favorite rockbands for every emotion. I was just listening to Blue Oyster Cult and Boston. Tomorrow I could be in the mood for Nine Inch Nails or anything Chris Cornell belts out. Who knows. :)

I bet your just saying that because he and others in the band did some tandems at your dz!;)

??

eh whats that? i'm on the road and havent gotten my parachutist yet...CC and Audioslave? or was is Soundgarden era? He's made a jump? thats very very cool...

I haven't seen one post with KISS.

I dont believe it..KISS Rocked the 70's as well.

Got the Double Platinum Cd..Awesome stuff.
Hard Luck Woman and Beth are very good songs
I like as well..Will always remember Big Gene Simmons
in Concert...Absolutely Kicked Butt..Rock on.
;)

How can you beat Black Sabbath?? The wrote the book on rock and roll..B|

Oh please.... and I suppose Elvis and Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry were opera singers?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Being a bit different here...........Lynyrd Skynyrd baby!

Hey man thats always good stuff. Always will be. One of my favorites "On the Hunt"

Plane Crash Sucked...PEACE..RONNIE Rock on...

Skynyrd is, and will probably always be my fav band. They were also my first concert, my dad was cool enough to take me to see them when I was 14 B| (Awhile after the crash) Always loved "The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe".
Jimmy Buffett is my fav live musician though. He puts on one hell of a show. Got tickets for Apr 22 in Tampa :)

ohhhh i like this thread!!!! led zep of course, stevie ray vaughn (thats rock damn it), allman bros, alice in chains, skynard, van halen (not van hagar) ;)...

You have my taste in music. Ditto to all of these. I'm definatly a Led Head, though.:)>:(how can you pick just one??? lol
you cant leave the who out!! or tom petty, or anything clapton, or jethro tull, or zz top, or the chili peppers...there just cant be ONE greatest, or ONE favorite band.....

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Lynyrd Skynyrd here too, as well as The Dead, Fleetwood Mac, Steve Miller Band.

Actually my 400 cd collection spans from 1400's to today and from Christian to Jazz to Funk to Country.

In almost every musical era and genre I can find someone I really like.

Yea, Zeppelin,Crue definately...
Rockin out to some newer Helmet now...Unsung The
Best of..It slams..

Really? What tracks are on it? I didn't like (nor do I own) "Strap it On" but I own everything else (oh excuse me, I don't "own" those songs, I only bought a one-time use to play them...oops, sorry, wrong thread!:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

And don't forget, "The Killer", Jerry Lee Lewis!

"Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire!"

Holy crap . . . talk about a story. Cousin to both Mickey Gilley (btw, happy birthday Mickey. Mickey Gilley born this day in 1937) AND Jimmy Swaggart (yes, THAT one). Married his 13 year old cousin Myra. It was legal in the state he did it, but caused quite a stir in London when he visited there.

But none of that matters . . . he is . . . unique.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm sure this may come as a shock, but I had listened to NIN before Trent came to the DZ hence the reason I knew who he was when he registered as Michael rather than Trent. Today, I wasn't listening to NIN afterall. I listened to Linkin Park, Tool, Rob Zombie, Prong, Nelly, Notorious BIG, 50 Cent, and Beastie Boys.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Married his 13 year old cousin Myra. It was legal in the state he did it, but caused quite a stir in London when he visited there.

Actually, you left a little something out. Not only was Myra only 13, but was his third wife, as well. The main problem - he'd forgotten to divorce his second wife when he married Myra.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

tool, pinback, local H, the pixies, soundgarden, usually something driven....then I like Jack Johnson and G Love too...There are some cool local bands around Orlando too, one with a cool skydiving name....Big Sky...really good I they used to come through tallahassee a lot when I was in college...
"Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it"