Jib

Dating a Lie

Have you ever been interested in someone only to find out that what they told you were lies?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Have you ever been interested in someone only to find out that what they told you were lies?

Well, c'mon! Let's hear it!:SB|:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Yes, but only one time, when I was quite young.

I learned right away that if something felt wrong or off, then that can only mean one thing...lies are involved. I will not make that mistake, again.

Unfortunatley i lied to someone i cared about. I thought lying about my age was no big deal, but it upset him. Thank god he forgave me and we're still friends.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

wow you mean there is people out there who don't lie?:P

Maybe I just had bad experiences.

But I have had 50/50 split some were cool some lied/used.

But I think every one has been threw it.:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Hell, yeah, bytch. My problem-o exactly.

Although I did date someone who was an outright liar . . . but I don't know which is worse.

I think I'd rather be flat out lied to. Least that way you can catch them in it.

Saying he's gonna do something and then not doing it once or twice is one thing... repeatedly is something else. I hate being led on and that's what it felt like. :(

I WAS engaged to someone like that. She made herself out to be someone that worked in a technical capacity (she was a glorified administrative assistant). She said she had her money, car, and condo from her work and investments. She got most (all) of it from her ex-husband.

When the lies started unraveling, the engagement ended, and I never looked back.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

I once lied like a champion every day for a week in order to 'prove a point'....

I met and chatted regularly to a girl on an internet channel for about a month, being completely honest at the time. She then asked to meet me for coffee and we began dating for a short time.
But then, a particular incident occurred (details not important) that drove us apart and for a while after that she would tell me and tell our mutual friends that I was the worst scum/bastard she had ever known and cant imagine how she ever would have wanted to meet me etc, blah.

So, I then began visiting the internet channel again and began chatting to her again, but under a different name, different location, different occupation etc so as not to allow her to know it was me.
...And sure enough, after just 1 week she found me absolutely charming and eagerly asked me once again to meet for coffee, and at that point I ended the charade and told her who I really was and, of course, she exploded on me all over again.

A cruel experiment perhaps, but I did it to observe her total lack of objectivity, finding it really weird that a person can feel such animosity toward a person they know but yet be absolutely thrilled by the company of that same person when they are anonymous... and do it twice.